main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW:TOR...E3

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by QuiGon06, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiGon06

QuiGon06 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    That cinematic trailer was so awesome, I creamed myself. The reason I am making this post, though, is to ask what you guys think will be the "big star wars announcement at Comic Con." After the cinematic trailer, the hosts on G4 TV talked about some big star wars announcement that would come during comic con...they said it would be even bigger than the SWTOR cinematic trailer, and if you ask me...that's going to be hard to beat.

Just give you ideas of what the announcement might be. I'm thinking it's about the live action series, but who knows.

PS.

Mods: If you determine I posted this in the wrong section, I appologize, please move it to the correct one without hesitation.

Uhhm, to avoid derailing the TOR Thread, I think we'll move the discussion into there.
    TOR Thread

2. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith Jedi Master star 2

Jul 24, 2004
    What I'd like the announcement to be? A CG TV Show with a more realistic (than the Clone Wars) art style, set in the old republic. Now THAT would top the cinematic trailer imo. Especially if it was done in the same style as the cinematic trailer, which I doubt. I guess we'll know in about 2 months.

3. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    HOLY CRAP

That was an awesome trailer. I just saw it.

Why couldn't they do a console game?! ARGH

Btw, who was that Sith? Is this pre-Revan, or after Revan?

4. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith

Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith Jedi Master star 2

Jul 24, 2004
    It's set 300 years after KotOR, so...after Revan.

5. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Old Republic is set a few centuries after the KOTOR games

Can't imagine what the announcement would be that would qualify as "big"

Edit: Ninja'd!

6. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Honestly? It's probably the announcement of the live-action tv show Lucas has apparently been working on. That is pretty big, but it's going to be a lot harder to top the TOR trailer.

7. QuiGon06

QuiGon06 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Dude...great idea! I've always wanted a KOTOR based series, that'd be awsome. Needless to say, I'm stoked for the game and this new announcement to come at comic con...I love Star Wars haha

8. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Is the announcement centered around TOR or just star wars in general? One thing I'd like it to be, but pretty sure it wont be the announcement is the release date. I think it's way too early for them to announce that, but still it would be nice to know a date so i can start hyperventilating when the time comes, or just pull a Cartman and freeze myself so that I don't have to wait for it to be here.

9. QuiGon06

QuiGon06 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    haha nice. I'm pretty sure it's just to do with Star Wars in general...not TOR. But then again, I could be very, very wrong.

10. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    Considering E3 is a large video game expo, any more big announcements will have to do with Star Wars gaming, not the Live-action TV show or anything else not related to video games.

11. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    Loved the trailer, can't wait to play this game.

Good Stuff

12. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Man i hate being at work when big videos come out, all the major videogame/video websites are blocked for me!

13. Son_Of_Skywalker15

Son_Of_Skywalker15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2006
    I almost died when I saw that trailer; THAT is what TCW should look like. I am thoroughly looking forward to this game.

14. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    :eek: ...holy crap that is sweet!

15. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    That trailer was freakin' awesome![face_money_eyes] It looks like a trailer to a movie!

16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Except the announcement will be at Comic Con, not E3.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    That was an amazing trailer - thoug hthe art direction looks nothing like the earlier sylised versions we saw in the trailers. What happened? Surely the cinematics and in-game styles aren't so different?

Anyway, I'll never play this game. Can't afford the time needed to invest in an MMO.

18. MasterAnakin04

MasterAnakin04 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    the trailer looked amazing....too bad its an MMO.

19. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I was anti-MMO until I started playing them. Now I'm anti-MMO because I am addicted and I want my time back! :p

I am sold on this game. I am quitting MMO's until this comes out just so I can catch up on all the IRL stuff I need to do (like finish my second novel) so that I can ... lose myself in this. If it doesn't suck.

Who knows... great cinematics don't always mean great gameplay, but ... it's Bioware, it's Star Wars, it's NOT Galaxies, and it's KotOR!

I'm hoping for some sweet Sith vs. Jedi PvP. [face_love]

20. chizzler

chizzler Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2009
    I find it kinda sad that a video game trailer is done better than the PT. I know the CGI isn't quite on par but the cinematography ,choreography and action are done better than anything in the PT.

21. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Nice trailer. Very nice. But still...

GODS DAMN YOU, LUCASARTS & BIOWARE! We wanted KOTOR 3, not a frakking MMO!! :mad:

22. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I'm fairly happy with the direction the KotOR franchise took with this game.

23. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I'd like a KotOR 3, not a freaking SW MMO.

Btw, was it just me, or did all those Sith warriors in the trailer wear Revan masks?

24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, with all due respect, I think you're in the minority in that regard.

25. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I know. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.