main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW:TOR...E3

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by QuiGon06, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm just not viewing it as part of the KOTOR franchise in general. It's set 300 years later for cryin out loud! You wouldn't say TPM is part of the story in the Legacy comics would you? And those are only separated by half that time.

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    If you mean the multiple classes, species and choices option, yes. If you mean making it mmo and not making a singleplayer kotor then I must disagree.

Unless they make it for Xbox 360 and PS3 :p

3. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    The big announcement will hopefully have something to do with TCW: Republic Heroes or TCW Season 2. PLEASE be the leaked Season 2 footage but with sound! Or a new Republic Heroes trailer!

And TOR trailer WAS AWESOME! I was drooling... Can't wait for this! Meesa no caren if meesa havin' to be payen a subscription.

4. QuiGon06

QuiGon06 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    As much as I love Star Wars, I'm hoping it has nothing to do with TCW Season 2. I'm obviously going to watch it/buy the DVD's when they come out...but I could care less about the series or the Video Game. I'm really hoping it has something to do with the live-action series or something. Who knows, maybe they'll announce the next installment of the Force Unleashed or something...maybe they'd do a follow up. I know, very doubtful but seriously...anything but TCW haha.

I agree with the rest of you though, I really would have liked this to be a single player KotOR 3 instead of a MMO. I have never played an MMO in my life and am kind of scared. The beauty of the KotOR series was the storyline in each of them. They were both awesome (the first one a bit more IMO). Can an MMo really have as awesome of a storyline as the first ones did? I'm skeptical in that matter.

Thoughts on the storyline...?

5. Celeste_Morne

Celeste_Morne Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2008
    That trailer pWned. Was totally blown away. Now, a TFU style game, set in either the Legacy era, Old Republic era or post ROTJ Vong/LOTF/FOTJ era...that would be an announcement to top this trailer. Or of course, the live action.

Still probably won't get this game, because I want KOTOR III.

6. QuiGon06

QuiGon06 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Solid idea.

7. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    Greatest game trailer ever![face_dancing]

8. LaForzaViva

LaForzaViva Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 6, 2008
    Just saw the trailer. Wow.

Did anyone else get the distinct feeling that what we all just saw COULD HAVE BEEN the prequel trilogy? Instead we got one mediocre movie, one awful movie, and one movie with no story but awesome Jedi on Jedi duels.

When we could've had something like that. That 3+ minutes was far better than almost all of the prequel trilogy.

And for all the people who refuse to play it or buy it; let a friend do that, play for about two hours and see how you like it. It's BioWare, they have addressed the issue of the storyline and have stated that they're doing their best to make the story a huge part of the game, as opposed to just running around accomplishing missions for XP like in WoW (which I've never played).

I wanted a KOTOR 3, but this is what we're getting, and I'm not going to be deterred from playing this. I have faith in BioWare.

9. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    I agree. Maybe they'll make KOTOR 3 down the road.

Good Stuff

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I am not happy at all. Sorry to steal the thunder from this moment, but all this is, is clone wars 3.0 retro. The prequel style is all over it with the blue, red, and green lightsaber colors, the style is the same as the sith of the era, and the troopers too to include the jedi council.Add to that its an MMo and not a part 3 of the KOTOR series, and this is something that I will do without.

11. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    So we have a TOR thread and an E3 thread, why is this still open?

12. DeadOrAlive

DeadOrAlive Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2009
    Holy crap! Just saw the trailer, it's freaking awesome! I was completely against this game, but the trailer changed my mind. It completely blew me away! This is what the PT should have been! The Sith Lord, which I'm assuming is The Emperor, looked suspiciously like Darth Malak...[face_thinking]

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    He's 'Lord Angral'. Nobody important. :p Not even a Sith Council member. Which is kinda amusing, considering how much damage he just did. :p

14. DeadOrAlive

May 15, 2009
    Really? That's surprising, he totally pwned everybody who got in his way and wiped the floor with the jedi. And here I was, already making up theories...:p

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Just means he'll be even more powerful by the time TOR starts - what with there having been a peace for three decades for him to practice within. It'll be interesting, nonetheless, to see how he likes the peace treaty. He strikes me as the kind of gentleman who would lose his patience after a few years.

16. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    The Jedi temple looked amazing! I really hope we can run around inside. From the blurb at the bottom it looks like there is a mission to find the power core or something! Should be amazing!

17. balamir

balamir Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2009
    its not revan its some guy by the name darth argon or something like that. hes the new sith emperor

18. balamir

balamir Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2009
    i would like the big comic-con announcement to be a movie of the old republic because it has the quality and story to make a great movie or even a announcement involving the mandalorian wars would be cool

19. LordRevan19

Mar 26, 2005
    I don't think that would be a good idea. Save that for the books, comics, and games. Plus with the live action show coming up GL will have his hands full.

Here are some reviews from the people who played the demo at E3:

Reviews

Good Stuff

20. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    We should all boycott this game just make a point about wanting KotOR3.

21. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    That's a great idea except there are some people (i guess they don't post here) that want this game to succeed. I'd be happy with a kotor 3, but am just as happy, if not happier, with this. Gonna get so much more play time out of this than with a singleplayer game im thinking.

22. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I'll play with you DarthBobbalot

23. LordRevan19

Mar 26, 2005
    I want this game to succeed

Good Stuff

24. DeadOrAlive

May 15, 2009
    Yeah, that's not gonna happen. As much as I want KOTOR 3, this game just looks so damn good, I don't think people will do that.

25. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Well sure, because every episode of TCW should cost as much as the budget for a small African nation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.