main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR sw: tor story confusion ???

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthKasslar, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKasslar

DarthKasslar Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2011
    hey guys, im a huge fan of kotor and kotor 2 and i cant wait to play tor, but i am in confusion with its plot, in the trailer there are characters similar to that of clones and there is a empire within this game according to the trailer as well as a Jedi fighting against a sithlord and there was also that badass soldier who tryed to knife and also blow away that sith. part of confusion is i really enjoyed the trailer but just hear me out, there are soldiers who appear to look like clones yet this game takes place befour the rise of the clones and i dont even remember these type of soldiers in kotor. at first i thought they were mandalorians but they appear to look as if as they are clones, another confusion is when the Jedi pushes away the light saber the sith holds who is trying to stab the Jedi, obviously we know shes using the force but still it confuses me how she is pushing away the saber being so close to her hands you would think that it would go right through her hands being that it seems to close to push it away with the force.

i know this all seems pointless but it is confusing me, i know in order to make a new sw mmo they need to create new and seemingly un real force powers but i wish they just made this seem a bit more like the movies

2. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    The game takes place 300 years after KOTOR II.

Go to the SWTOR website and watch the timeline videos.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Timeline.

They go backwards in time from the Battle of Coruscant, 300-odd years after KotoR II.

In short, the 'True Sith' that Kreia was preparing the Jedi Exile to fight in KotoR II, and the threat that Revan vanished into the Unknown Regions after KotoR to fight, have appeared from the Unknown Regions and fought the Republic to a standstill, sacking Coruscant in the last days of the war and forcing the Republic into a poor peace.

Trailers include...

1. Return - set at the beginning of the war

2. Hope - set during the middling end, methinks

3. Deceived - at the wars end

4. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Your observations are correct. What was essential to BioWare of course was that this game appeals to a very broud audience, because its a MMO game, and they need to make alot of money on this game. So they cannot tailor it for SW fans like they could do with a SP-RPG game.

They take alot of elements from the movies themselves to make the players feel at "home", like they are living in the SW universe, because the majority of players are probably not very much into star wars, and their only experience and knowledge derives from the movies; Bioware need to help the casual players relate to the Star Wars galaxy. This can be a problem for the SW fans, and particularly the Kotor fan-base. Reason is that TOR dont look like the old republic era at all, and for dedicated SW fans it is actually kind of comical to watch how the game more and more seems like a rip-off from the original movies(plot, characters, and environment). It just doesnt do justice to their original vision of the old republic era that they so wonderfully created with the original Kotor; later Kotor II were true to this vision(at least 90% of it)

So part of your confusion is easy to explain.. There are clones in the game, even if they are not actually "clones".

5. Kius

Kius Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2011
    I never got what all the fuss is about with the similarities to the movies. I consider myself an avid fan of the KOTOR games, and find nothing wrong with the armor, or anything else SWTOR is bringing to the table.

Then again, that's just me, I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.