main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Toys!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Jade-Walker, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    TARGET is the greatest place to find SW toys!

I was looking to use my $25 Target gift card, and found:

Obi-Wan (Outlander club)
    Wampa with Hoth cave (Luke is sold seperate)
    I also got the LOTR soundtrack!

They also have the new CLONE WARS figures (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, and Asajj Ventress)...get them while you can (before the scalpers)

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Which Target?

3. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Parmatown, but I'm sure other ones are getting stuff (Westgate is always getting new SW toys befor anyone else)

4. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Rather than starting a whole new thread, I figured I'd just post this here. ;)

June 6th, 2004
    10am - 4pm
    Admission $10 (I would assume that would be Canadian ;))

Holiday Inn Oakville
    590 Argus Rd.
    Oakville, ON, Canada

The Star Wars Expo is a collectible show geared towards the Star Wars collector. Email swexpo@mountaincable.net to register for the collector's trading session and for dealer information or go to www.StarWarsExpo.com

I know that it's a bit of a road trip, but I figured I'd post it anyways. ;)

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    A Canada roadtrip would be cool...have to see what's going on around then!
    I passed this along to the guys in Columbus (since the event people asked for them directly)

JediConWV is April 10th, 2004 in Middlebourne, West Virginia (just across the Ohio/WV border), According to the directions...it's a 3 hour drive. Depending on what Columbus wants to do, this mght be an interesting road trip

6. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm on call the weekend of April 10th, of course.
    But bear in mind that that is Easter weekend. ;)

7. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm sure many of you have heard, but just in case you haven't or want to know more, KB Toys is shutting down a whole bunch of stores. List Here

There are a handful of Ohio ones on there, however none that I frequent when I'm home. But the Brookline, MA one is closing...and that makes me so very sad. :(

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Not the one at Parmatown!!!! Oh yeah it has nothing to begin with. :D

9. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    Noooooo, the Westgate store is closing. Just went there last week and bought the SW Life game for $5.00. Also got that Fett wrist thing that shoots yellow nerf circles. Now I can duel with my brother who has the Tie fighter one.

10. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I like Kay Bee. :(

11. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    :( The one in Medina is closed. :( My mom and I passed it on the way home from ROTK.

But I'm glad that the ones that I usually go to aren't closing.

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Thanks to the guys at Indy Knights...for this little bit of information:

ToysRUs.com
    Beginning on April 4, 2004, if you purchase Hasbro Star Wars toys equal to a $19.99 value or above at your local Toys ?R Us or at www.toysrus.com, you will receive a free Star Wars limited-edition silver-painted clone trooper! Quantities are limited so be sure to mark this date on your calendar! While supplies last.

13. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Krash and I went shopping today! :D
    He took me out to Big Fun...and we found tons (and I mean tons) of old and new SW toys.

It's mine...my own...my precious!
    Not only did I finally get my EU Leia with lightsaber, but also 5 vintage Princess Leia figures!

joy :D

14. Beltayn

Beltayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    Where's Big Fun located?

~Michael

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Big Fun
    1827 Coventry Road
    Cleveland Heights, 44118

Great place, good guys working there, tons of amazing finds (both vintage and new) and not just SW.

I got a monkey!!!! ;)
    I got a Salacious Crumb (vintage) all I need now is Jabba!

16. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    And yet another place I can go to to find vintage SW toys (No Roseanna, Brunswick is as far as I go. :p Sometime, maybe, but not coming from Canton... You'd have to meet me at my house. ;) EDIT: and when I have money. :p)

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I've known about this place for a long time...tried to get you guys to check them out when we were at WRHS "art of starfighter" (twice)

18. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Big Fun....gooooooooooooooooooooood!!! I could easily get rid of a entire paycheck there!! But everyone at school was laughing at my Ewok I got that I taped to my purse all day long :D :D !

19. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
  20. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    I spent an hour or two yesterday doing inventory on my SW stuff so I'd make sure I didn't duplicate anything when I start buying the KB Toys closeouts. [face_devil] How did I wind up with 3 Jedi Defense Lego sets? It took a bit longer because you can't just write it down when you're looking at it you have to take it out and play with it. Note to self: No waving lightsabers in the dining room the ceiling fan is too low. [face_laugh]

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That's hilarious! So that's how you turn an electronic lightsaber into a mini! ;)

22. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    SW inventory...*shudder*

I spent a good portion of my summer doing that, only to lose my list of Saga figures. That might not sound like a big deal to you, but those of you who've seen where those figures are in my house understand why my mother wants to murder me. :(

Did you guys see the pictures of the new Code 3 Collectibles Slave I? It's pretty awesome. Though I'm still paying off the first two items from them, I plan on purchasing this one too. :D

23. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    It took a bit longer because you can't just write it down when you're looking at it you have to take it out and play with it.
    [face_laugh]
    *thinks about it* Yeah. True. ;)

Note to self: No waving lightsabers in the dining room the ceiling fan is too low.
    Again, [face_laugh]

24. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    If anybody finds any kind of SW Legos on sale or for a cheap price or even on clearance please let me know where and for how much; Legos are so expensive that they are really putting a hole in my pocket and accounts. The past year I have spend over a grand on Legos so....yeesh.

25. Malo-ha

May 8, 2003
    Talon, KB Toys is closing a bunch of stores. The ones near me have a few sets (Fairview Park, Elyria). None of the really good ones though. Right now its 20% off, they will continue go to 30%, then 40% etc.

I have gotten some good deals at the toy stores at outlet malls. Jedi Starfighter for 9.99 and an R2D2 for 7.99 in Iowa last month just to name a few, check Lodi.

I spent a good portion of my summer doing that, only to lose my list of Saga figures.

Ouch! :(

Actually I put the list on my computer and printed a copy to take with me to the store. I was at KB yesterday buying roaring dinosaurs and was cursing that I hadn't finished it. So I went home and did.

Note to anyone with a young niece or nephew, there are dinosaurs about 6-8 inches tall from Jurassic Park 3 that roar when you push a button on their side. Buy several, you will be the coolest aunt/uncle on the planet when they hit the crazy about dinosaurs stage.

I have a question about the figures. Do they have a serial number like the Legos and if so where is it? There are 2 six-digit numbers on the bottom of the box and some of the AOTC ones have a number on the back ('03/#1). Or do you identify them by series? and if so where is it on the box? I'm using this to keep track of multiple version of the same figures. Can you tell I'm a librarian?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.