SW Toys!

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Jade-Walker, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Jade-Walker, if I find one down here in Pittsburgh, would you like for me to pick it up for you? We can take care of that at the Pittsburgh Comicon. If for some reason you don't make it, I could deal with one of your fellow Clevelanders and they can get it to you. Sound good?

I do this type of stuff all the time for my local FF friends.

BTW, was my list helpful for you folks?
  2. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I found it to be very helpful, thank you. :) I'm really behind in my collecting at the moment since I've been buying the Code 3 ship replicas. I'm trying to keep up with the Unleashed figures though since they're so hard to find.
  3. spooky-kid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey everyone, I was just stopping in to tell SW14 Congradulations on over 1,000 posts now.

Love seeing a woman that knows her action figures and about collecting. ;)
  4. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I still want the Unleashed Padme. Never found it in stores.

Keep checking your local Toys'R'Us Jade. The one near me seems to alternate it's stock every once in a while. While exchanging some things I got for Christmas I picked up the Unleashed Padme and Anakin. A few weeks earlier while my wife was shopping for me she found the Sidious and Obi-Wan Unleashed figures. I've also found some of them in stock on a few of the online toy stores (do a Google search for Unleashed figures), if you don't mind paying the shipping that's the only way to get some of the figures from the earlier waves.
  5. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Teehee...thanks Spooky. :D

The Unleashed Padme was very easy to find around Canton for a few months after she was released. The only unleashed figures I've seen recently have been a handful of Han Solos at Toys R Us. Cindy and I had terrible luck with action figures on our toy run yesterday. Walmart had nothing at all (lightsabers only), Target only had the animated figures, and KB Toys hasn't gotten anything new in ages. Toys R Us is the only store around here that has any semi-current figures. :p
  6. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Be on the look-out for the special "Silver Clone trooper" Promotion. It's set for April 4th. Deal is you buy $15 worth of SW merchandise and get a free silver clone. Here's the link to Rebelscum.com showing the Toy R Us ad:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2004/clonead.jpg

Also, it's been noted that some stores here in Pittsburgh have actually been selling them outright for the usual action figure price. While that's not supposed to happen, I've seen enough in my collecting years to believe it.

If you really want this clone go to your nearest TRU and ask them if they have this figure-give them this info:

Silver Clonetrooper

SKN: 960767

The SKN number is TRU's tracking number. The local store can atleast tell you if they are in stock, on the shelves or at the warehouse waiting for distribution. These clonse come special 32 to a case. It's unclear how many cases will be shipped to each TRU and that greatly depends on the sales of SW merchandise overall for a particular store.

Good luck and let me know if that helps anyone!
    -Sal (Your fellow Jedi in the 'Burgh!)
  7. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    jedi_master_sal: Yes. That would be great if you happen to see one! Thanks :D

I agree, Rosie. Our stock down here in Akron is rather pathetic. I've only seen Unleashed Han.
  8. spooky-kid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    SW14 your welcome.

I only need 8 , now 7, more post until I reach 2,000.

Pay attention to your Wal-Marts. Here in Winston-Salem I went through a month or longer with out anything, then bam!!! last week. the 3 closest Wal-Marts got in cases of the Yavin wave. Seemed like plenty for every collector for a day or two. There down to just Dodonna and Tie this morning. Luckily my hidden Antilles was still there after I got me $5 last night.
  9. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    My Walmart only has 3 pegs labeled for Star Wars figures. The employee I talked to said that they stock them overnight and the collectors wipe them out in the morning. To a point that might be true, but I think I just annoyed him by asking about the figures at all. :p
  10. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow...that is REALLY helpful...and yet sad (knowing I would even SEE half of those in stores)!

11. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Wal Marts everywhere are kinda like that towards collectors especially SW and Hasbro. (I only collect SW mind you)

Most times they do only stock overnight, but I find it very difficult to believe collcectors are snagging up every figure on the pegs. There are some that would peg warm if left on the shelf. Like Bail for instance.

One of my particular WM's told me that they have alot at the warehouse. I asked then why was it I haven't seen anything on the shelves for 2 months. That took him aback. I even pointed out that ALL of the other toys were very well stocked, why was SW not so. Again he was taken aback. His excuse was that they were on order, but I mentioned that I frequent his store 3-4 times a week and haven't seen even remnants of cases. Surely collectors would have gotten all they need out of just a few cases considering that this is not the only WM here in the area as well we have Target, TRU, KB's and KMart to shop at. And I don't even think those bloody scalpers are snagging everything either at the moment. I told him that if I didn't see some new stuff within the next week that I would purchase my goods elsewhere and not just SW but everything but before he had a chance to respond I added that I'm also not the only collector out there and that many of us are becoming increasingly frustrated by WM's apparent lack of product. I went as far as to tell him of the network of collectors we have here in the 'Burgh and that within a day anyone of us knows what just about every store here has in stock. We all buy for each other so it's not a case of someone hoarding figures. (I've boycotted WM before for 4 months and once they finally got new SW stuff, I went back)

He was really frustrated at this point and I can see why. I don't think they get it that some of us have our "poodoo" together when it comes to our hobby.

Result was though that I saw with my own eyes he ordering 3 cases of figures and told me they would be there in about a week. I thanked him and said I'd be seeing him around and was glad that he could help. He said thanks and apologized for not knowing there was a shortage. By the way it so happened he was the asst manager of the store.

I have the receipt of my $660 toy purchase from 4/23 (Episode II toy release) should any of the workers ever question me as to the validity of my passion for collecting or my purchasing power. When I show them that, I usually get a decent response. Unfortunately it has to take that level sometimes to get it through to them that we aren't just some joeshmuckatelly (sorry old phrase there) who is in their 20's or 30's who still live with their parents and buy toys.

I've had several long conversations with responsible store managers regarding the attitude towards collectors today. I mention that I hold two degrees, am engaged, have a GREAT job, don't live with my folks (though there is absolutely nothing wrong with that) have a more than $10K collection and so on. This helps to give them the perception that I'm a true consumer.

With WM managers I expound upon this to say that I purchase all kinds of other products from they're store. Given that such a small thing as not keeping a very popular toy line in stock will keep me from spending not only my toy money, but all of my other regular purchases from them gets their attention.

I suggest that you seek out the store manager (not the toy department manager in the case of WM) and tactfully talk with them. Explain that you are an avid collector but are greatly disappointed with not being able to find anything, not just new but next to nothing at all. Also, throw in the fact that this forces you to shop at other stores for your toys and that usually results in you making other purchase as well once there. Trust me it works a good bit of the time. They don't like the idea that they aren't getting your money. Remember to be very tactful and never get smart with them or you'll be labeled as "one of those collectors". You can be assertive but be careful as well. Tell them th
  12. spooky-kid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  13. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    I am still looking for the Lego Republic Gunship if anybody happens to find one...I really need that one to complete a part of my Lego collection on my shelves.
  15. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you need the Mini or Regular sized Gunship?

Both are still around here in Pittsburgh. Check Wal Marts and Targets first, then if you have to TRU. I think Wal Mart has the best price so far at $50 for the regular one. (I could be wrong there) The mini however is becoming increasingly difficult to find. If you need this one (mini) let me know and I'll get it for you.
  16. Talon Squad Leader Former Manager

star 5
    I need the regular sized gunship...if it is cheap enough I would like to get two. I was too stupid to buy it when I did see it and now I cannot find it. :(

$50 for a regular one? My gosh that is why I have to go to Pittsburgh. *hopes to find a ride*

Hmmm a mini-one would be nice but I'd rather not...gotta save for the Falcon set coming out in August plus the new Battlefront video game...

EDIT by Krash: Just fixing a markup code for ya! ;) And you thought I didn't know how to use them... :D
  17. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Tell you what, if I find one for that price at Wal Mart, I'll put it on layaway for you and when you confirm you're comingto comicon, I'll get it and you can pay me for it then. Cool?
  18. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I haven't been able to make the rounds in a while...anyone find new SW stuff that we should know about?
  19. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    Score!

I went and got a Silver Clone Trooper at Toys-R-Us today along with a couple of other things. Got the last clone trooper 3 pack and they had the Lego Ultimate Collector Series Naboo Starfighter on clearance for $30. But you'd think they would of had more stock out with the promotion. There was only a couple of clone troopers left when I got there. I wonder if there are more in back?

btw they have 4 Padme Unleashed at the Elyria Toys-R-Us for $16.99. None of the boxes are in mint condition. All of them have the flap on the top that the box hangs off the peg on torn, some pretty badly. There were plenty of Boba Fetts and a few Hans too.
  20. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks for the phonecall today Malo-Ha...almost forgot about the silver clonetrooper offer.

I got the Clonetrooper Unleashed...and silver clonetrooper! Em got her own Luke Skywalker lightsaber with clonetroper (last one @ Parmatown)
  21. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Myself and another collector here (MetalliJedi-or Josh-some of you met him when we came up last year), scored big time.

Our local TRU had them sitting on the shelves so we were able to hand pick what clone we wanted. Well it gets even better!

When I went to the register, the guy rang up the clone first and it rang in at $4.99. I asked if I was allowed to buy it outright and he said he didn't see where we couldn't soooooo, I took back the old stuff I didn't REALLY need and got three more clones. The next two rang up as well and since they met the $14.99 criteria for a free clone, (trumpet blares) Da Da DA DAAAA FREE Silver Clone!

So I was able to get 4 of them and NOT have to get old stuff!

I of course called all of my FF friends who are collectors and a few other folk to let them know. Unfortunately for some, TRU figured (no pun intended) out that they made a mistake and pulled them off the shelves so that you could only buy regular SW stuff for the free clone.

Whoo-hoo though! I have one to keep carded, one to open (and yes I'll open it) and two for others. So three people were able to score from this!

Also, right after that I went up to my local Wal*Mart and scored 2 Dengars, 2 Bossks and a TIE Pilot. The doubles I am selling to Josh (STRICTLY what I paid for them-NO SCALPING-sorry for shouting I just hate scalpers) and since I already had the TIE Pilot, he's getting that as well. Not to bad in one day. Now if I could only find:

Tanus Spijek (Elom)
    General Dodonna
    Admiral Ozzel
    Captain Antilles

12in Biker Scout
    12in (scale) Yoda
    12in pair of Ewoks

Unleashed:
    Clonetrooper
    Chewie
    Luke (Hoth)

I'd be in great shape then, if I could find any or all of these. If any of you need something and happen to find any of the things on my list, let's trade or "deal". (I don't like saying that as it makes it sound too much like business)

We can complete any transactions we find from now until Comicon at Comicon itself. If your not going but can arrange for one of your fellow Clevelanders (that's right isn't it? Sorry if not) to bring it with them, I'll complete the "deal" (there's that darn word again) on this side.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you folks again. Krash, man it's been too long since our groups congregated together. We should think about a rotating Annual Picnic or something like that. We could host it one year, then it rotates to you folks the next, back to us the next and so on. Something to gnaw on...(I just like saying that GNAW...okay maybe I'm being too silly or I've just been working too long today) ;)
  22. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Sal, I saw a few General Dodonnas at my K-Mart. Also saw General Antilles, but I didn't get it because I thought that they might have it at Toys "R" Us the next day (today) when I went. No, they didn't have them there, just the Hoth trooper and the red 3PO droid.

Did you want me to pick you up a Dodonna? I'm not going to go to the convention (no money really, plus I'm doing the "Walk America" for the March of Dimes on Sunday... in Cleveland). But I could give it to someone to trade for something.

When I went to Toys "R" Us today, I picked up a clonetrooper first, picking out the one that was in the best condition (they had them sitting out). There was nothing that I wanted. The only Unleashed figures that they had was Han. I want the Luke one. I ask someone if they have any more figures, and he looks up above the section, and there was another 12" figure up there, and something else pushed back farther. I told him that there was something else up there, and he said that it was another 12" figure. "No, there is something else up there, pushed back farther," I told him, and a guy who was looking for WWE toys (I think that's what it was) gets it down for me... it was the Jango Fett Kamino Confrontation. I think someone was trying to hide it. Oh well, I got it now. :D I also got the Hoth trooper, since I needed a few more bucks to make it to $14.99. Plus I got some more folders, some pens and pencils, and a notebook that was on Clearence. :)

Now I only need to get the Obi-Wan Kenobi Kamino Confrontation. [face_plain]

EDIT #2: Admiral Ozzel... now why do I think that I saw that one at K-mart too?
  23. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    I might just be able to get the Obi-wan ultra set your looking for. If you can get an Antilles and a Dodonna, then it's an even swap. (2 figs=$10-1 ultra is $10) Let me know. Also if you can only find one of them would you want to swap that fig plus $5 for the Ultra?

PM me about this if you want to trade. Also let me know with whom you want me to complete the transaction with, that's coming down to Comicon here. Thanks and I hope this works for the both of us.

-Sal

P.S. Anyone who finds any of the new wave of Unleashed (Chewie, Clonetrooper,Luke-Hoth) and can help, I would be willing to pay $18 each for them. (A little extra for your effort) That is if you can get them down to Comicon...(Sigh-sometimes the distance thing can be a pain) Thanks if anyone can. And know that you'll be helping another true fan.
  24. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Jar Jar Jedi, I was able to get you an "Ultra" Obi-wan over the Easter weekend. LMK, if your able to make it to comicon or if your going to make arrangements with someone else in your group to pick it up for you. With tax the total is $10.69. (I will give you a receipt and I believe I still have the store receipt as well.)

-Sal
    P.S. Please no checks. (I had a bad experience before, so I'd prefer either cash or postal money order)
  25. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Hey Karrde (Sal)...you and the Gungan mind working out the details on PM? "By the book" this kinda thing is frowned upon by TFN.

BTW, any more of those Obi-Wan/Kamino figures? :D PM me with details (please)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.