SW Trading Card Game League/Sanctioned Tourney?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Joseph_Orion, Jun 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey looks like WotC is finally sponsoring this stuff. So we can have sanctioned tournaments, maybe a league? This is cool. Jump on it, Jefferson. Let's get some sanctioned tourneys running lol :)
  2. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    cool , i need more cards !
  3. rfuthey Jedi Knight

star 1
    count me in.

on a related subject:
    I got this awesome swccg obi wan kenobi holofoil that has all the text in Japanese!!! I was at target today (picking up a copy of the new medal of honor) when i stumbled on this decipher sw pack that had a jedi knights deck and booster, 3 young jedi boosters, and a half-dozen swccg boosters. I was so stoked because I got a good card from a $14.99 investment. It kind of makes me angry when I think about the hundreds of dollars I sunk into buying booster packs, back when the game was popular, and got absolutely nothing.
  4. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw one too but then I didn't think I needed it, more money to waste lol. BTW Rob, are you in for the Jedi Knights or what?
  5. Clockwork Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll look into the sanctioned tournaments and league stuff today.

EDIT: There's still no information on leagues or sanctioned tourneys on WOTCs website, just a banner that says "organized play -- coming soon." I'll keep checking back, and as soon as I can sign the store up for a league I will.
  6. Clockwork Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I found out some more information on sanctioned tournaments for the new card game. It looks like an overly complicated hassle that would only be beneficial to experienced players who what to track their ratings so they can brag about how good they are. I am more interested in attracting new players to the game, and WOTC's sanctioning system looks like it would actually serve to chase away potential new players by being too complex and competitive.

I will do an official league as soon as WOTC has one. Until then, the unofficial Star Wars TCG league meets at Clockwork Comics & Games on Wednesday nights. Come on down and play!
  7. TK1305 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will be down for tomarow nights game what time do we need to be in there by and the adress one more time, and this is free right?
  8. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    Mike, stop by around 5, that's when I'll be there, plus we can get good seats ;) lol It is free. We will also be playing LOTR. Just bring your decks and we'll have some fun. It's on 2824 S. Broadway, just south of Yale. You can call Jefferson at 303-781-6166 (store) and he can shoot you directions too
  9. TK1305 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I dont want to play LOTR
  10. TK1305 Jedi Knight

star 2
    well it looks like we will get there around six or so. josh gets out of work at five and its a nice drive .
  11. rfuthey Jedi Knight

star 1
    JO- I'll be there for the jedi knights draft, whenever it happens.

CW- What time does the league begin tonight?

thanks
  12. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    The Draft for JEdi Knights is THIS SATURDAY around 11-12 in the afternoon! So you best get your butt down there, Rob. The boxes have come in and we're doing it on sat. be there or be square :)
  13. Clockwork Jedi Knight

star 2
    The league begins whenever people start showing up, usually around 5:00 or so.
  14. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    man, tonight is going to be JAM PACKED! lol better crank that Swamp Cooler or we're all going to die! I foresee that you will sell many drinks tonight, Jefferson

EDIT: We should run a competitive tournament for rankings once a month or something for me, you, Kevin, Jeff, Rob and soon... Mike, Josh.

It's easy to learn and it's fun to see where you stand lol
  15. Clockwork Jedi Knight

star 2
    Too bad I don't have an espresso machine. Or a liquor license.
  16. TK1305 Jedi Knight

star 2
    hell with josh driving I will be hlaf liqured when I get there just been a long week already.
  17. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    Uh-oh! i thought you were driving !? im already drunk! ;)
  18. TK1305 Jedi Knight

star 2
    hey I drive better drunk to that fact every body wishes they were drunk when JGoc is driving.
  19. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
    Guys, thanks for coming. I totally wished I played more with you guys!! I played one game with Jefferson, 3 games with Kevin, 2 games with josh and 3 games of LOTR not to mention my best friend happens to call and show up, i was pulled in 30 different Directions. This is going to be insane every wed. to play 2 diff games with 2 groups of people!!! Nevertheless, i hope you guys got to play some good games, I hope you learned, i did my damned best trying to teach you Josh, I hope i did well!!! Mike, we oughta get to gether one of these days and play a bazillion games, I could help you put together a crazy deck :) Hope we can play on a regular basis ;) thanks again for coming on down guys, I really hope you had fun. I had A.D.D. tonight so much, i didn't know wtf i was doing half the time
  20. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    i forgot all about tonight . i was wondering why it was so quiet here .
  21. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    i had a blast. im really glad you guys talked me into it! Im looking forward to playing again, after i make an actual deck. I was totally winging it trying to keep up last night. JO you did a great job of teaching me the game. thanks ALOT. thers still afew things that throw me off, but Ill get it & ill be wiping the floor with you real soon. :D The hardest part of the night was trying to get out of there without spending any money! i was succesful last night, but i cant wait to get more cards, & i really want that Jango comic with Jaster now. i still need the aotc trade paperback too. if i had seen that last night- the dam would have broken. next time Ill try to be there earlier too, sorry we lagged a bit- my fault. I didnt plan well for the distance- Cant wait to play again!

BIG BIG THANK YOU to Clockwork for running the show & some much needed instruction.
  22. Clockwork Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm just happy to have the store full of people. Hopefully I'll see you all here again next Wednesday -- and you too, Darth Hair.
  23. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    I HAVE A WIERD REHERSEL SCHEDULE , i hope i can go next week .
  24. TK1305 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I had great fun guys and will be looking forward to getting together next week.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.