main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Trilogy on DVD!

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by The Jedi Apprentice, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    Who picked up their copy today and from where?

I went to Best Buy last night at midnight, store wasn't open. So today I was about to leave to go to Best Buy when a friend suggested that I go to Toys R' Us because they're giving out a $10 gift card w/every purchase. So that's where I went.

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I'm excited!

2. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    I didn't buy it... I'm going to wait 'till x-mas. I have the SEs on DVD already, and I watched the bonus feature disc today, so I'm good for now ;)

3. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I bought mine at Target last night. Jedi-Finney and I watched all 3 movies back to back! The overall picture quality is just awesome! Some of the scenes make you think that they could have been shot recemtly and not back in the 70's and 80's. Most impressive. The sound was good too. Star Wars in 5.1 surround sound is awesome! As far as the changes...I liked them all...except the Greedo thing but I won't go into that. I haven't watched the documentary yet. That will be later today. So much Star Wars in my head right now........

4. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    I couldn't believe the picture quality either, simply amazing. The only way you can really tell it was filmed in the 70's, 80's is because of the hair cuts and side burns of the imperials, lol. I do wish they would have made more changes, and the whole anakin thing at the end of Jedi, didn't make any sence to me, hopefully they will explain that in ROTS, or else i'll still be confused.

5. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    Lucas kind of explains it in the commentary. But I don't think it's a good enough reason. I just think it's stupid that Hayden is at the end of ROTJ. He even has a scary face and everything, totally doesn't fit with the mood of the scene. I remember in the original Sebastian Shaw looked over at Alec Guinness and they both smiled, and I thought that was nice. Now the ending is just weird because of young Anakin.

6. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I got my OT DVD set (Widescreen, of course) at Best Buy on the Tuesday it released. I went hoping to actually get something out of the "exclusive" SW Insider, but it would be more aptly named "SW for Dummies".

My favorite change is the addition of Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor in ESB. It only makes sense........and I am a huge Palps mark. ;)

The worst "change" is the one not made---Greedo doesn't shoot first! They're closer to shooting at the same time, but I still preferred it the way it was in the original ANH film. :(

7. The Jedi Apprentice

Nov 29, 1999
    I finally found time to sit down last night and watch all the featurettes. "Empire of Dreams" was AWESOME! It reminds me a lot of what's be said in the Lucas biography "Skywalking" I'm reading right now.

8. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I know most all of us here have seen the OT (And prequels) probably hundreds of times. But...

Who is like me, and will watch all the first 5 films again prior to heading to see ROTS? I plan on watching all of them, in release order (The only way to watch), prior to the premiere of ROTS. Who's with me?

9. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    I will watch them all, of course! I wonder though, when I have kids, what order I will have them watch it in... episode order, or release order? hmmm...

10. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    Jirin, I will be watching them 4 sure... Count me in, let me know when you wanna do that....

"Look sir, marks!" lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.