main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL SW Trivia

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by HippieTrooper, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HippieTrooper

HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    Seem like Brian started something with this so I figured we would start a whole new thread for it! So here's you first question:
    ROJ, Sarlac scene: What is the species of two of the three Skiff guards? Namely: Klaatu and Nikto.
    Later

2. TK-3150

TK-3150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2005
    Off the top of my head I'm throwin out Weequay..........

3. I_heart_Fetts

I_heart_Fetts Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2005
    According to google, Klaatu is a band and according to the sw databank Nikto is a species. So Bert, if Gary is wrong you might in fact be the only one who knows.

Is looking things up considered cheating?

4. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    YES! IT IS CHEATING!!!!
    Ok, here you go: Klaatu's species in Nikto, and Nikto's species is a Klaatu.
    Earlier I mentioned that many aliens were known to production staff simply by description (IE: Prune Face) or by species. The three skiff guards were given their names to give homage to the 1950's film: The Day the Earth Stood Still, their names were: Klaatu, Barada and Nikto. A phrase you might also recognize if you're an Army of Darkness fan.
    During production the guys started getting two of the three mixed up and started calling Klaatu by Nikto and Nikto by Klaatu.
    Its a doosey!
    Im just full of useless knowledge!
    Later

5. briansview

briansview Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Hey there, guys. it's time for some more SW Trivia. what do you say? here's my next question; what two languages were mixed together to form the Ewok's native language?

May the Sith be with you,
    Brian

6. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    one more question you guys, can't resist. ok, here goes. how many years after the Battle of Endor was the A-9 Vigilance Interceptor introduced?

Good Luck with that one,
    Brian

7. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    OOOOHH Those are some dooseys!!!!! I know that in ROJ, real world languages were taken, turned backwards, then mixed with another language to create alien languages. I remember Jabba's huttese language was created taking the native language of Tatuine, Tunisia (Spelling is probably wrong but there is a place in Tunisia with a name that is pronounced like Tatooine, where do you think Lucas came up with the name?) flipped it backwards, and mixed it with a little known asian language.
    I know that the same was done for the Ewoks, but I must admit that I dont have a clue which ones.
    As for the Interceptor, it came out aprox. 6 years after the battle of Endor, when Admiral Thrawn died, as a match for the A-wing.
    Jamie Ill tell you what, looking it up on google is cheating, but you can use books at home or Ive heard that Starwars.com has a databank with good info, Ive never used it, matter of fact I just heard of it, but Im going to go check it out. And see if I can dig up anything on those ewoks' languange.
    Later

8. I_heart_Fetts

I_heart_Fetts Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2005
    It's Alison. Note the Fetts in the name ;)

I accept your rules. I actually started looking in my tales of jabba's palace book first.

Next question please!

edit to add: I just realized Bert didn't know something! I'm shocked.

9. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Sorry, Allison. Wasnt paying attention to the name, DUH! Shoulda seen that Fett there :oops:
    Id like to wait and see what the answer is before I post the next question, but if anyone has one by all means please jump right in.
    Later

10. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Ok guys and gals lets not let this die out so here goes yoru next set:

1.In a scene cut from the Cantina Sequence, Han Solo has a woman in the booth with him. What was her name?

2.What is the diameter of the first Death Star?

Later

11. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    The first Death Star was a staggering 120 kilometers in diameter.

12. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    Hey everyone, let's keep the SW trivia trend going. Here's your next question; why is Leigh able to remember her mother in ROTJ when Luke isn't?

I think this was the only question that wasn't answered in ROS.

Sincerely,
    Brian/Sidious

13. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    In utero memories. Meaning in the uterus.. or she is referring to her adopted Mom.

14. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Answers to my previous post:
    1. Jenny
    2. 120 km or 75 miles

Brian: You never told us what two languages were mixed to create the ewols' language.
    Later

15. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    sorry guy's. someone just alerted me to the fact that i had completely forgotten to answer one of my previous questions; which two languages were mixed together to form the ewok's language?

Honestly, I decided to leave that one out in the open for awhile just to see what kind of responses I got, but anyway, the answer is this: chinese and swahili were mixed together and played backwards in order to form the ewok's language.

this answer I retrieved from the making of star wars video made about, oh I want to say ten years or more after ROTJ was made, with Mark Hamill doing narration.

Sincerely,
    Brian/Sidious

One more question, sorry, can't resist. what did Luke mean when he said this to the Emperor in ROTJ; "you're wrong. soon I'll be dead. And you with me.............."

16. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Youre kidding right? Ill let Jamie or Allison take this one, they better know the answer too ;)
    Later

17. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    does no one know the answer to this trivia question? should I just move along and try another one in its place?

brian/sidious

18. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    I guess no one else wants to play anymore so Ill answer;
    Luke assumed that the Alliance's attack was unknown to the Emperor, so by telling him that he meant that when they attacked, the death star would be destroyed, Luke, Vader and the Emperor in it.
    Next question please.
    Later

19. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Awesome thread! Wish i'd seen it sooner! Ok, since ROTJ seems to be a topic, I have one for you:

What is the name (character, not actor) of the rebel pilot in ROTJ who leads some of the TIEs back to the surface so that Wedge and Lando could blow the reactor? hint... Copy gold leader...

Onward :)

20. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    Lando Calrissian was the rebel pilot who lead Wedge and some of the Ties toward the Death Star's main reactor. I believe the line we are referring to went something like, "quick, draw their fire away from the cruisers. and see if you can't get some of those Tie-fighters to follow you.........."

"Copy Gold Leader."

Sincerely,
    Brian/Sidious

21. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    No, this takes place while lando and the pilot of whom i speak are already in the death star II. "head back to the surface, and try and see if you can get a few of those TIE fighters to follow you..." "copy, gold leader" Now, im going from memory on the quotes so i may be off on a couple words, but thats the scene im talking about.

onward :)

22. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey, some of us are learning from this and don't know the answers...that's why we don't post. You huys are really deep on this subject!

23. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    LOL Ok, that was a tough one. If you WANT TO KNOW the answer, then copy and paste the link (which is black so it wont ruin the answer for those who think they know).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tycho_Celchu

I was suprised how many hits came up on google when i typed in his name. Im pretty sure Bert and anyone who reads/has read the Expanded universe of books will know the answer, but i may just be a larger nerd than I accounted for :)

onward

24. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    OK, you want ROJ trivia? Here you go:
    In what scene in ROJ was this line spoken and when?
    Ab queck zenick fesi
    Jup col im in na hiz jal, ooh.

;)
    Later

25. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Off the top of my head, im thinking 3PO talking to the ewoks, maybe storytime? I'll have to pop in the dvd to be sure, but for now, thats my guess.

onward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.