main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL SW Trivia

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by HippieTrooper, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. briansview

briansview Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Good afternoon everyone. I've finally decided, seeing as how nobody tried their hand at answering my previous trivia questions, to answer them myself and hopefully ask one more to try and keep the game going;

1) How tall, in kilometers, were the AT AT walkers? -This, in retrospect, was an absurd and ultimately unfair question. The real answer is this: The AT AT walkers were more fifteen meters tall and twenty meters long.

2) In ESB, Lando Calrissian once worked for the Empire; what was his position? -Lando Calrissian was a pawn in Darth Vader's scheme to entrap Han Solo, Chewbacca and Princess Leigh Organa on Cloud City so as to lure Luke Skywalker into carbon freeze, which would incapacitate him for his journey to Emperor Palpatine.

3) Who was the first person in the entire SW saga to interrupt C-3PO? -Padme was the very first person to interrupt C-3PO, when, after Anakin introduced him to her and he began his speil, she said out loud that he was perfect.

4) What was the # that marked the garbage compactor that nearly crushed Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leigh Organa?
    -3863827- Luke shouted this over an intercom to C-3PO so that he could relay the message to AR2-D2 to let both of them know where they were so that they could help get them out.

2. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    All right, for those of you who are still interested in playing trivia, here are the next 2 questions;

1) What's the first line spoken in Empire Strikes Back?

2) How many life forms did the Death Star scanning crew find aboard the Falcon during their first scan?

Good luck with those, and I hope to hear from you guy's pretty soon about where and when we plan to get together again.....

3. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    1. ?
    2. no lifeforms found onboard

4. HippieTrooper

HippieTrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2005
    1. -Echo 3 to Echo 7, Han old buddy, you read me?
    -Loud and clear kid, what's up?
    -Well I finished my circle, I dont pick up any life readings
    -There isnt enough life on this ice cube to fill a space cruiser, sensors are in place, Im heading back
    -Right, Ill see you shortly. There's a meteorite that hit the ground near here, I wanna check it out. It wont take long. Steady girl, what's the matter? You smell something?
    -Rrraaahhh!!!

2. Marie's already got it ;)

Later

5. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    All right, here we go again. Ready? Set...................

1) Where was C-3PO afraid he and R2-D2 would be sent, after stormtroopers boarded Leia's consular ship?

2) How many laser blasts hit the Millenium Falcon as it lifted off from Cloud City?

3) What was Endor also known as, according to the Emperor?

4) What was the callsign of the Rebel pilot who died just before Luke's snowspeeder was shot down?

6. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    1) The spice mines of Kessel

2) The "forest" moon. *Note: When he says it, it sounds like "farest" moon.

Later

7. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
  8. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    All right, here are the answers I was originally looking for on these questions;

What was the callsign of the Rebel pilot who died just before Luke's snowspeeder was shot down? -Rogue Two

What was Endor also known as, according to the Emperor? -Sanctuary Moon, although I will accept forest/farest moon.

How many laser blasts hit the Milennium Falcon as it lifted off from Cloud City? -Three

New question;

What was the name of the vessel that traveled under an "older code?"

9. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Shuttle Tyderium

Later

10. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    Hey guy's, ready for another round; okay, here we go............

1) What general was portrayed by Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade actor Julian Glover?

2) What North African country was the scene featuring the Jawa droid sale filmed in?

3) How many credits did the disguised Princess Leia accept from Jabba for the capture of Chewbacca?

4) What studio in England played host to the filming crew for Star Wars?

11. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    2) Tunisia
    3) 35,000?
    4) Leavesden Studios (sp?)

Later

12. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    Hey, we haven't gotten together in a really long time. Anybody want to join me at Panera next Saturday night at 7:30?

New trivia questions:

1) What Rebel snowspeeder pilot had the callsign Rogue Two?

2) What Kurosawa film did Liam Neeson draw inspiration from while preparing to play a Jedi warrior in Episode 1?

13. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I'll be on vacation, then Star Wars Weekends, so I will be in Orlando in May & June. Maybe after that. Don't know if anyone else is interested. Lots of things are happening this summer...so may be quiet until Labor Day.

I don't know the name of the film, but I think I have seen the one you are talking about...

14. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    1) What Rebel snowspeeder pilot had the callsign Rogue Two? :) Zev

2) What famed Kurosawa film did Liam Neeson draw inspiration from while preparing to play a Jedi warrior in Episode 1? :) The Seven Samurai

New trivia question: What Swedish actress plays a key role in Episode 1?

15. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Pernilla August played Shmi Skywalker

Next question: What was the only time the word "gun" was used in the OT?
    Later

16. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    By OT, do you mean "original trilogy?"

-As far as I know, the word "gun" was used twice in A New Hope;

1) "Check the deflector shield while I charge up the main gun," was spoken by Han Solo while he and Luke Skywalker were preparing to shoot it out with an array of Tie-Fighters chasing the Millenium Falcon after it blasted away from the Death Star.

2) "The guns, they've stopped," was spoken by Wedge Antilles during the Rebel's attack on the Death Star.

17. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    OK, I shouldve made it a little more detailed. When is the only time in the OT(original trilogy) that a blaster (personal weapon), is refered to as a gun?
    Hint: ROJ
    Later

18. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    I got the answer: "Chewie, give me the gun."

-this line was spoken by Han Solo when he was hanging by his ankles from one of the skiff's in an effort to save Lando Calrissian from being devoured by the Sarlaac on Tatooine.

Next question, please...........

19. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    That's it, and since you got it you should ask the next question.
    Though at this point it seems like its just you and me playing, no one else is contributing
    :-(
    Later

20. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey, some of us ARE learning from this thread...I personally enjoy it...I just don't know the answers!!! Please keep going.
    M

21. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    All right, let's keep the game going, what do you say?

Next two questions:

1) what artist produced most of the early concept paintings for SW?

2) What vector did Darth Vader's TIE fighter take when approaching the Y-wing fighters?

And here's a bonus question of my own design

What flight mechanism did Luke's copilot in ESB claim was malfunctioning on the remote world of Hoth while battling the Imperial Walkers?

22. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    1) Ralph McQuarrie

That's off the top of my head, gotta look the others up.
    Later

23. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Just a guess, Dave Dorman vestor 8. See you this weekend Bert. Are the kids coming & leighann?

24. HippieTrooper

Aug 31, 2005
    Nah, just me this weekend, Leighann is signed up for some weekends later on, the girls wont be at any of them.
    See you this weekend!
    Later

25. briansview

Aug 17, 2005
    1) what artist produced most of the early concept paintings for SW?

2) What vector did Darth Vader's TIE fighter take when approaching the Y-wing fighters?

And here's a bonus question of my own design

What flight mechanism did Luke's copilot in ESB claim was malfunctioning on the remote world of Hoth while battling the Imperial Walkers?

1) Ralph Mcquarry

2) 2 Marks and 3-10

Bonus Question:

"Luke, I've got a malfunction in fire control. I'll have to cut in the auxillary."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.