main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW-TV References 2009-2010 Season

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by None, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    On "The Big Bang Theory" last night, you could see a Stormtrooper figurine in the background at times -I think that it was Luke from ANH, but they didn't show it too closely.

2. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    A "Han Shot First" reference on Mythbusters. (I think it's the Gorn episode)

3. Master_Starsun

Master_Starsun Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2010
    I think there is a SW reference in every Family Guy episode.

4. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    That's not a bad thing at all. Family Guy is my far the funniest show on tv and Star Wars is just Star Wars.

5. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    Do references in new movies go in this thread? [face_thinking]

6. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    The Dollhouse series finale mentioned the Death Star. 04:50

(sure movie mentions are fine)

7. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    There was another "Supernatural" reference in last week's episode, "Swap Meat." Sam had switched bodies with Gary, and was looking through his closet, where there were several Star Wars t-shirts.

8. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    Quick DV ref. on Big Bang Theory last night.

9. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    "1138" sighting on a Muppet themed episode of Extreme Home: Makeover, according to a Muppet wiki.

10. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    As for movie mentions, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs had several visual/audio references to Star Wars. Sid the Sloth was riding on a rock over a lava fall, with music similar to Battle of the Heroes was playing. Buck, Crash and Eddie were riding around on pterandons in scenes that looked like the podracing scenes.

Pixar's UP had obvious references as well, like the dogs piloting fighter planes and checking in as they flew into battle much like in the attack on the Death Star. There was also a brief sword duel between two old people... And finally, Star Wars was on a theater marqee when Russell and Carl go to the movies during the credits! :D

11. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Hurley compared Jacob to Obi-Wan on "Lost" the other night.

12. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    On 'How I Met Your Mother' a stormtrooper got punch and then Barney vomited in the helmet. But ask Barney says that's nothing compared to what happened after the release of TPM.

"Modern Family' has had back to back references. A Jedi one last week and the first of the 'Empire Strikes Back' anniversary references, this week.

13. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Last month, both the Daily Show and The Colbert Report had the same joke about Republicans calling a certain meeting held by Obama a trap. Guess which clip they used?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.