main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SW Unity/Chanel's b-day Celebration

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    4 p.m. it is. Erick, you need a ride? (Duh!)

2. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Actually, school ends at 1:30 tommarow so Im gona go and make it on my own for once. ;)

3. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    LOTR ROTK is a great movie. It is a vetty long movie, about 3.5 hours, so drink very little fluids, limit the salty popcorn; there isn't anywheres in the movie where you can slip out to go potty, like I did during TT. The battles are short battles, and you can't step outside, cuz you'll miss something. It's been cut really tight.

4. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    hehe... we know Mac, this will be my third time seeing it! And at least the second for the other folks here. It is an spectacullar movie and today we're catching it on the IMAX. :)

5. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    OMG !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: IMAX'd.....

6. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    While I am sending munchies, and some door prizes, may I also suggest that everyone bring at least one wrapped something to auction off with the proceeds going towards Chanel's funeral expenses, legal fees for Angelica, and Angelica's education fund. Every bit helps. :)

When I lived in the ozarks of Missouri, they had pie suppers which are auctions, where everyone baked/bought a pie to donate, and then it was auctioned off, with the proceeds going to the cause. and many people would buy a pie and pay for it, and donate it back to be auctioned again, over and over, to maximize the proceeds. :D

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Cool Mac! and your ideas will be taken under consideration. Yep we just saw ROTK IMAXed! :) I would actually like to know how much is in the actual scholarship fund by now?

mmmmm... pie...

Sorry is this seems scattered in order I'm kinda tired... :eek:

8. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    All great ideas and stuff to really take into consideration.

9. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    ok, I picked up munchies, door prizes, and auction items, which all hafta be wrapped before boxed for mailing. :D :D :D

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Sounds great Mac! :) Check the CR board when you get the chance, I left an announcement on there. I hope all the Pacific region Fan Force reply even if they can't come for next month.

11. Hand-Schaub

Hand-Schaub Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    Hi all, finally caught up on this thread. Sounds like there are some good things brewing here. I'm glad that the unity festival was set off for a little while. Have you considered this though... WonderCon is a semi-large event and people's focus is mainly on that. It may be possible to promote the festival during that time at a fan table and double the attendance record. But consider that people may not wish to combine events...just a though.

As CCG XO I will demand the Sacto guys and gals attend in full force ;) Just kidding - It is our honor.

How about a trooper for a date auction... you know - get us hunky stormtrooper guys out there and make some credits! :) okay okay you caught me - it's just a meager attmept to get myself a date! But it's an idea.

I will be in contact with as many soures as possible. I trust the insider will be notified as well as Lucasfilm. If not, I will do so. It may be possible to attract soem 'star power' as well. I'll see what I can do.

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey Brian, I dropped you an e-mail letting you know what's up in general. I sent Mark Franklin an e-mail a few weeks ago concerning these plans with no reply but I'm sure she's busy. If you and the Central Garrison in conjunction with the rest of the 501st based in Cali can help us with this it would be very much appreciated! I should be calling everyone hopefully today or tomorrow.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks for the help, Bri!

14. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    "How about a trooper for a date auction... you know - get us hunky stormtrooper guys out there and make some credits! okay okay you caught me - it's just a meager attmept to get myself a date!"
    50 credits for the snowtrooper!!! ;) [face_love]

I had also wondered about having it that weekend. But we can discuss it at the February event. And either way I will be there. In the words of Luke Skywalker in ROTJ "Wouldn't miss it" :D

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Darn it, Mary Franklin! Not Mark... that's twice now. lol... Auctioning off Stormtroopers... hehe... How much to rent the entire garrison for surface attack? Now what can we blow up...? ?[face_plain]

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Hey, if Kenny "Elvis Trooper" comes, we can have a "Win A Date With Ken Tarleton" contest, like that new movie coming out soon.

17. Hand-Schaub

Hand-Schaub Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    Don't encourage him...

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Mary Franklin got back to me today and she says we should keep her informed to our developments AND she's moving to the Bay Area! :) Let's make next month good!

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I sense another member in the works...

20. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    I guess now, there "is another" from the Bay Area that will take over working at the Paizo Booth @ Comic-con after all :)

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    OK so tomorrow we'll need to talk about further details and finalize some decisions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.