main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW videogames cutscenes (esp. Rogue Squadron series)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by TOD-UK, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Hi,

Does anyone here either have, or can point me in the direction of downloadable cutscenes from the SW video games?

I've been combing IGN and Gamespot and they've been very productive. But I'm still hunting. I'm trying to put together watchable DVD's for my own collection, and at the moment the Rogue Squadron games are my main focus. I'd love to be able to put together a RS movie using these clips but haven't yet found enough.

Can anyone help? Or tell my how to digitise raw GameCube or PS2 footage from my TV?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you have a DVD recorder I would think you could just record the footage from the TV. I could be wrong though. I have a VCR/TV combo that I use with the PS2 but I must admit I haven't tried recording game footage.

3. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Another idea I had was to use an emulator to play the games through my computer and somehow grab the footage? Any ideas anyone?

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I've used a VCR and camcorder to grab footage and screengrabs from games before.

Just feed your Gamecube's (or whatever system) RCA jacks into your VCR's input and then have the outout flow to the TV, make sure your VCR is set to record from that input source, and then just record what you want to a tape.

Next, take a digital video camera and hook it up to your VCR's output RCA jacks (most cameras should come with some kind of cord that goes from RCA to a small jack in the camera) and record on your camera as the VCR playsbacks the footage.

Lastly just hook up your camera to your computer via a firewire cable and import the footage with whatever video editor you have (iMovie, Final Cut, Premiere, whatever crappy freebie Windows comes with, etc) and edit to your hearts content. Viola! Export and burn to your liking.

Now, there's obviously some quality loss there (though if your good enough, you might be able to rig something directly to your camera with the right number of radio shack adaptors ;) ).

I don't have a DVD recorder yet, so I don't know how well that works- but if it just takes the place of the VCR, you might be able to circumvent the need for a video camera alltogether and just burn it to DVD and rip it to your computer for editing.

(and, if you get a video capture card for your computer, you'd probably circumvent the need for all of that).

5. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Jedi Knight, XvT, and Rebellion (and perhaps others) have their movies in smacker format. Look for a *.bik or *.smk files in your game directory or the CDs (Rebellion, they are in /Mdata and you hafta change the extension of the files to .bik)

There is a free player for these files HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.