SW Weekend in Pittsburgh April 24 to 26

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by greencat336, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  2. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    I've got relatives abotu 2 hours outside of Pittsburgh and I think that it's April vacation week for schools here...I smell a road trip...
  3. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

star 1
    Is that what that odor is? What a wonderful new smell you've discovered!
  4. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    If I can swing it .. I'd go in a minute. They have like 5 differant Star Wars guest on the list so far. It would be a cool weekend get away that's for sure.

Room's are only $99 bucks and you can get a 3 day pass for only $20. That pretty good. If you has 4/5 people make the trip your looking at only around $40 each plus food for the weekend. that's a good deal. Plus the Fanforce party that night. And the meet and greet in the morning would be fun to meet other Fanforcers.

Something to think about. I'd be up for it.

SeeYa,
    TK

PS. the web site is listed some where below. lol Check it up. It could be our April meeting as well. lol

*******JUST ADDED*********
    HERB JEFFERSON JR - "Lt. Boomer" from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!

THE GENERAL LEE replica will be on display all weekend! Now you can get your picture taken with CATHERINE BACH & THE GENERAL LEE!
    *******JUST ADDED*******

ORLI SHOSHAN - "Shaak Ti" from STAR WARS, actress and model.

CATHY ST. GEORGE - Model & Actress!

CATHERINE BACH - "DAISY DUKE" from the classic TV series The Dukes of Hazzard!

MICK FOLEY - WRESTLING SUPERSTAR!

SANDRA TAYLOR - ACTRESS & SUPERMODEL!

.... more guests to be announced soon!

Go to the http://www.steelcitycon.com for more details!
    George Broderick - Comic Book Artist

D.J. Coffman - Comic Book Illustrator & Designer

Kelli and Monty Kane - from Planet Saturday Comics
    (Kelli & Monty Kane will be appering at the ToonSuem Alley!)

Pat Lewis - Artist & Author from Lunch Break Comics

Don Pedicini - Sketch Card & LucasFilm Artist

Rob Rogers - Nationally Acclaimed Editorial Cartoonist
    (Rob will be appearing at the ToonSeum Alley!)

Ed Piskor - of Wizzywig & Macedonia

Chris Yambar - Bart Simpsons Comic Artist

5. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Be sure to check out the Volunteer Link.

You can get:
    Free admission - Saves U more $$$
    Free Collectable gifts
    Free Gift Bag
    Plus behide the scenes access.

I'd do it.

SeeYa,
    TK
  6. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Where are you getting 5 Star Wars guests? I see only one. Is that the new Somersworth math? :oops: lol
  7. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    LoL! Yes it is actually...

I'm sorry I had two differant show mixing together in my head. lol But as for now they have 2 Star Wars people with the Lucas Artist.
    SO now they only need 3 more.

So you think you may like to go John? Think the little lady will let U go?

SeeYa,
    TK
  8. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Not so much of the lady letting me go, it's the $$$ that determines it all! :_|
  9. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    A few questions: Is the room $99/night or for the entire show? Secondly, who is serious abotu going? If anyone is, we should put it on the calendar, well at least I need to, in advance. I will even offer the services of our van. Gas would be 2 tanks each way at about $30-40 per tank. If 4 people were to go, that would be only 1 tank a piece.
  10. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I am thinking about going to this one. I have friends I'd like to see in both the Fanforce and the 502st out there. I have all ready had a couple invit's to go to some get together for the group on that weekend. I think it would be fun. I should know by next week sometime if I will be going.

I can only go to a couple shows this year. So I have to pick wisely. lol I'm working on going to Dragon Con. that is the big one I wish to go to. I'll know more about that one in the coming weeks if I cna do it. I will not be going to the PA. show. If I can not swing Dragon Con than I'll hit a couple small show this year.

Well sell. I'm still looking for a roommate for Dragon con. It not till this fall people still are not sure what they are doing. I should know more next week? I think...lol

SeeYa,
    TK

Oh... It's $99 a night. Just like at SMF If we leave on say Friday night. Drive all night... get there in the morning... go right to the show. Checkin that afternoon. Stay Saturday night. Go to the show Sunday Morning....leave that afternoon home sometime Sunday night. That way we are they for the mean part Sat/Sun. We go to both the Star Wars get together Sat nite and the FanForce Breakfast Sunday. We'll get everything in and only have to pay for one nite.
  11. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    If there are 3 other people interested, my offer to drive to Pittsburgh stands. We would be leaving Friday MORNING, arrive that evening, attend the show all day Saturday and Sunday morning, then leave by midday on Sunday and return to NH late Sunday night. If you are interested, please PM me, call me, or talk to me at the meeting on the 22nd. If we get 4 total COMMITTED to going by then, then we go, if not, the mission gets scrubbed -- well at least my offer of a vehicle gets scrubbed.
  12. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Just to throw it out there, I will not be going...
  13. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    They just added ....

**ANTHONY DANIELS**

That's not to bad?! lol I'm still not sure what I'm doing. I think I may be saving to go to Dragon Con. I'll know more this week. But I'm thinking if i only get one show this year...it's going to be Dragon Con. We'll see.

later,
    TK
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.