main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL SW Weekends 2003

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jace Darkrider, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Hello,

Dex1138 and myself will be coming down from Boston May 16th-19th to attend the Star Wars events that weekend. If anyone is from your group is going that weekend maybe we could hang together or something. :) Maybe Vader will be there when we arrive.

2. phntmlord07

phntmlord07 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2002
    Hi Everyone......do you guys think there will big turnout for the opening weekend of SWW '03, im driving up from miami for the first weekend, and was thinking if im going to have to wake up at the crack of dawn to be outside the park to start making the line before MGM opens on friday, I really dont mind im staying over at the Disney All-Star Movies, so its just 5 or 10 minutes away, I honestly believe it wont be as bad as when I saw Carrie Fisher/Peter Mayhew two years ago at SWW, had to make a line on saturday at close 4 or 5 in the morning, becaue I went into the park on friday when it opened to surprised by the huge line that reached from the beginning of the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, so no autographs for me on friday but luckily I woke up super early on saturday and got to meed Carrie Fisher/Peter Mayhew, and guesses on my question?

3. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    We've got some people coming the opening weekend also. We'll be there on Thursday night. Staying at the Coronado Springs I think. We know a pretty big group from Atlanta are coming also.
    We'd love to have a get together a maybe downtown Disney on Friday night. If someone locally could arrange a time and place, we could pass it on to the other groups in the region. I think it would be a great photo opportunity and just alot of plain good fun.

We plan on just going to MGM on Saturday. Mainly just for the experience and fellowship of fans. I've met Tony Daniels and Billy Dee Williams several times so that isn't a big deal for me, certainly not worth waiting in line all day and missing all the other fun! But we'll see how it goes.
    Janet

4. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Hiya All!
    As DarthMoby mentioned a couple posts up, he and I will be attending SWW on opening weekend. We'd like to meet up with other FF and/or 501st members. As far as I know, we will be the only 2 from the Boston Rebels going, ambassadors from the North if you will ;)
    We're staying at All Star Movies 16th-19th. I can give my cell #/real name via PM to anyone that wants to meet up, hang out, or conquer DisneyQuest in the evenings :D I'd love to get some FF together and hit DisneyQuest!!

5. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Currently, the Hothlanta Rebels are setting up "Echo Base" at the Best Western, which is about a mile from Downtown Disney. Our plans were to go and hang out as a group Friday evening in the Downtown Disney area, eat dinner and maybe go to some of the clubs at Pleasure Island. As we are not in the Orlando System, logistics for a restaurant that could accomodate a large group are going to be difficult. We would really like to meet up with other groups (FanForce, 501st, Rebel Legion, etc.) if we can.

If think it would be a true fan experience and pretty cool if enough folks came to over-run Downtown Disney for one evening :D .

6. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Yo Yo Yo!!!

I'm coming down June 3-June 10 and staying at the Carribbean Beach Club. I'm from Colorado, and am looking for information on what to expect and where to look to find updates, etc. Is this the best source?

Also, I read that Disney was letting in costumes for the 501st and Rebel Legion, etc., but that they were not letting in any Fett's! What's up with that? Does anyone have any confirmation on this one?

7. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah, they are not allowing one time characters appear. Since Disney has Darth Vader, Boba Fett, the Emperor, etc, the Legion cannot dress as those characters. You must dress in a canon costume that is not repeated (there aren't TWO bobas in the movie...you get the point :) )

8. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    But...but...what about the cloning process?!?!?! :)

Just kidding.

9. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Just for clarification...unless you are a member of the 501st and preregister you will not be able to wear a costume to SW Weekends.

And the 501st is only participating in the Parade at this time (only time they get to wear the costume). That is the official word from Disney as of the last time I checked with the board.

Check out the FL501st.com message board for all the official details.

All Rebels (except Rebel Heroes) are encourage to also sign up (You must be a member of the Rebel Legion) however, unless we have a big group (40 of us) we won't be able to participate.

Art

10. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    TOS has posted the guest list.
    Hoorah for me, I get to see Billy Dee, again, for the fourth time. Yippee.
    But I'm looking forward to maybe actually getting an autograph from Anthony Daniels. He will sign my Christmas CD!!

11. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Is any one else going to the Fan Club Breakfast? I've bought a ticket and have a feeling that this will sell out. Thoughts?

Here's the link if you missed it, http://starwars.paizo.com/fanbreakfast

12. indigovic

indigovic Star Wars Fan Club star 1 VIP

Mar 26, 2003
    Yep - the Fan Club Breakfast spots are limited, and going fast! Hope to see some of you there!

-Vic Wertz
    Scruffy-looking Nerfherder
    The Official Star Wars Fan Club

13. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    yah...i can't go cuz Im leavin on vacation the weekend before!!! SOOO MAD! :( oh well...i get to see Billy, Anthony, Silas, Joel, Warwick and Andy!! YAY!

No Carrie... :( Oh well

14. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I actually had to laugh at this (from www.starwars.com):

"In Episode I, Michonne Bourriague played a brief but memorable part as the mysterious bounty hunter, Aurra Sing."

Why is it that just walking by in the background, or doing less, in a Star Wars film is "memorable," even, at times, "mysterious"?

I met, and even spoke with for over fifteen minutes, Michonne Bourriague, and she is outstanding, very nice, overly attractive (with her attractive model friend, too), but then, in the end, I gave her my $15 and got a picture of her... but it at least said "To Brandon" on it.

Anyway, I swear, and I think all of you should do this, too, if I ever appear in a Star Wars film, even wearing a mask in the background, just make copies of that frame of film, and you, too, can make a living off of a few weeks worth of work siging your name.

Oh, how lucky Michonne is (though, sadly, not memorable or mysterious).

Okay, I'm done with that now. Either way, it will be fun, and hopefully not rain on those days...

Brandon

15. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    HAHAHA! that is so true. I'm sorry to whoever disagrees but Brandon is sooooo right! Not to say Michone isnt cool or anything but Aurra Sing was in the movie a whole what 2 seconds, if even that! I mean Ponda Baba had more screen time and he wasn't THAT acclaimed for or "memorable and mysterious"! Oh well....it's funny though...

16. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I think it was like 1.5 seconds. But George did this on purpose. Kinda like Boba Fett, less is more.
    I've met Michonne a couple times and she's super nice. And hey, if it was you, wouldn't you get everything out of it that you could? ;) You were in a Star Wars movie!

17. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Hey guys! My sister and I will also be down there for opening weekend. (We're staying at Coronado Springs...) I think it would be great for us to all get together at Downtown Disney or DisneyQuest one night!

18. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
  19. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Just wanted to give this a little bump since it's coming up next week!!!!

20. indigovic

indigovic Star Wars Fan Club star 1 VIP

Mar 26, 2003
    Just wanted to let you all know that there are a very few seats left for the Fan Club breakfast, so if you're interested, make sure you sign up soon!

http://starwars.paizo.com/fanbreakfast.shtml
    -Vic.

21. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Hey Vic...we need to get you guys down to do some "scouting" and "planning" the opening weekend. Y'know, to make sure you know what needs to be done for the Fan Club weekend. 8-}

It looks like Jace won't be able to go, so I've been asked to take the lead for the Atlanta contingent. (Be afraid.)

Members are dropping quickly due to the possibilities of 501st/RL activities during the Fan Club weekend. But there'll at least be a few of us there to uphold the Hothlanta tradition for opening weekend.

We're planning to arrive on Friday night. So if anyone has suggestions as to a good gathering place to meet up and hang out, please let us know!

I am mightily bummed that I can't make the Fan Club weekend, though. :(
    Paula

22. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I am mightily bummed that I can't make the Fan Club weekend, though

Me too! If they'd announced it earlier, I would have gone that weekend. Stupid me for making my reservations early...

23. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    So...what's the plan for the first weekend? Can someone suggest a good place for us to meet up on Friday night?

24. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I won't be able to meet up with people on Friday night, unfortunately, but I was wondering if there are any plans yet to meet inside MGM on Saturday, May 17.

I was going to suggest meeting at 11am where the Star Tours fast-passes are given out (at the entrance to the ride) so we could maybe hit Star Tours once and then get lunch, but is 11am the parade time? Is there something else scheduled that conflicts with that time?

-Katie
    Thumper
    Florida Rebel Legion
    Space Coast FanForce

25. Red-24

Red-24 Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    I wouldn't meet there. The best place to meet would be in one of the resturants like ABC comm or Backlot Express. The reasons is that 11 am is that it is going to be to crowded/crazy in front of star tours. The crowds here are already starting to pick up! 11 am would be a rough time to be at star tours due to the fact that that an Indy show lets out at the same time, so hit ST before 11 and you should be able to walk right on.

If i'm on the loading dock and you have enough of a group (about 20 or more) I could give you all a simulator to your self! That would make for a great picture!

See ya all then

Justin -=Red 24=-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.