main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW Weekends @ Disney 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Activities' started by Dex1138, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Not sure if this is the best place for this but here it is anyway :D
    Just curious if any FF'ers are planning on going to the SW Weekends at WDW in May/June? I'm planning to go the weekend of May 23-25 (20th Anniv of RoJ) hoping there will be extra-special activites planned.
    Interested in meeting other FF members

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I am probably going, but I haven't decided which weekend yet. I was leaning towards the 16-18 because Memorial Day weekend is likely to be super busy, but now I just don't know...

3. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Hmmm..didn't think of that :D I was more concerned with going on the 20th Anniv.

4. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Yeah, I didn't think about the anniversary so that might sway me to change my mind... :D

5. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    PLease forgive me...but where is WDW? I get confused with that and WDL... [face_blush]

God bless!

-Malz

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Walt Disney World is in Orlando Florida. I am thinking about going to WDW this May/June as well... I haven't focused on a particular weekend though.

7. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Walt Disney World is in Florida.

Walt Disney Land is in California.

I keep them straight by remembering that in Florida, there are lots of parks making up one 'world'. In California, there is only one theme park. ;)

~H~

8. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] yeah thats the way I tend tormember it as well. I mean one is huge and the other is tiny.

9. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Ok, booked my trip for May 16th-19th, Opening Weekend! There's no definative list of celebs yet, but Mr 3P0 will be there to kick things off.
    Not going on the following weekend, as it's more expensive airfare :( Ah well.
    Keep updating on when you'll be there (all) maybe we can do a little interstate FF mini-meet :D We can go conquer DinseyQuest [face_mischief]

10. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Members of the Hothlanta Rebels are planning to come down for opening weekend in May. We are setting up Echo Base at the Best Western in Downtown Disney. I hope we can get to hook up with other FanForcers and SW fans that weekend. We have about 12 going done so far from Atlanta.

11. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Thanks for answering my question! :D

That'd be cool to go to it! :D

One of my friends asked me to go to WDW...maybe I'll be able to go! :D

God bless!

-Malz

12. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    FYI, there's also a thread in the Orlando FanForce
    As I said there, I'm open to PMing anyone with my cell # and/or name for ease of contact.
    I'd love to get a gang together and hit DisneyQuest one night!

13. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
  14. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    There is also a special breakfast with Jeremy Bullock and Peter Mayhew on June 8 for fan club members. Pretty cool, too bad I can't go that weekend! I still can't decide which weekend to go... I'm leaning toward the first one though. :D

15. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Keep us posted! I'd like to get a pic with as many geographically different FanForce members as possible! Maybe send it to the Indsider.

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok, I decided on the first weekend, especially since it seems like we'll have a lot of FFers there! We should all definitely meet up at some point. I'm planning on getting there Wed. night and leaving Monday. (I am a Disney freak as well as a SW freak, so this is a perfect vacation for me. :D)

17. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I suggested in another thread that if someone had graphic program skills that they might be able to whip up a FF badge that could be printed out so we can identify each other.
    I'm going to give it a try, but can't make any promises as to the quality ;)

18. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I've created a printable badge to help identify FanForce members. You can get it here. You can use a graphic program to put your name and/or where you're from on it. There's a sample one there to see.
    You may want to use the Distant Galaxy font found here. I'm willing to whip them up for people and send them via email.

19. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Had a blast went the weekend of June 6th here are my pics

20. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Cool pictures! :D

I wanna go! :_| :p

God bless!

-Malz

Thread Status: