main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN SW weekends in WDW

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by ChewieTitan, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Who is going? or thinking about going?

Been meaning to post this thread and Zepherous ask who was going and it reminded me to.

We went last year and loved it. Doesn't look like we will get to go this year though. We have graduation the 21th which is the 1st SW weekends. Will be busy getting the house ready to sell after that.

Last year was the 1st time I ever got autos from the celebs and I'm hooked now. Disney makes it easier to get them (if you are willing to get in line before sunrise) than at cons.

2. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    Most of that weekend will be too busy for me. :( I'd love to go, but the timing won't work out.

3. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I may be going.

4. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I would be going to the June 4-6 weekend. Dave Filoni will be there: finally I can tell him how crappy his series is, and how much he thinks he knows about Star Wars.

5. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Definitely am going June 4-6th.

6. JocastaNu3

JocastaNu3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2008
    We'll be there Sunday, the 23rd, and it'll be our very first. Have always, always wanted to do SW weekends. and thanks, thanks, and more thanks ChewieTitan for the tips and info, and esp that map. map is helping a lot in planning our day, well, best you can 'plan' for things at disney, as somethign always comes up to throw one off schedule. I just can't wait to see the stormtroopers telling us to 'move along, 'move along' wow, looking forward to any character pictures we can get. I always spend about an hour in Tatooine Traders, although last trip, didnt' find much of anything, just a keychain. Previous trips, I found great posters, photomosaic posters, and mugs and such, but lately, it's just been toys, never know.
    SO glad to see this thread. We dn't have any tshirts to wear, clone wars, or even star wars I don't think, so will need to get those asap!
    Yea Zeph, erous, glad you're making a weekend!!!
    lil

7. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Just remembered, last year they gave away Star Wars electric toothbrushes to the 1st 50 or so people who ride Star Tours. I was at the park early to get autos and followed the crowd to Star Tours and Disney workers were handing them out as we exited the ride. Don't know if they do that daily but mite be worth checking out if you get there early.

8. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    They have moved the limited edition merch. around this year. I am hoping to get a few items. Also, Tatooine Traders is an amazing store! Almost everytime we go there I end up spending a lot of money easily. But, it's not everyday that you get to go to a Star Wars store. Last time we were there, my brother bought a Style D poster with Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher's autographs. It's super nice.

9. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Chewie:

What is the trivia contest like? Are the questions about the Saga or EU? I am extremely well-versed in both. I can win it, I just wanted to know how it worked and what to look forward to.

10. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Last year, the trivia was for kids only. I went to sign up for it and they ask how old my child was and then I realized it wasn't for adults. Don't know if it's the same this year or not. Not a lot of info online about it.

11. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Interesting. I read there was a contest for kids and adults.

12. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    How was it? Did it live up to expectations?

13. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    WOOHOO, finally go this laptop to accept cookies or whatever it takes to get on the boards,
    Impressions of SW weekends, HOT and CROWDED.
    but wonderful to be surrounded by the Force. Really, very cool to see so, so many fans of all ages, it was real energy. I haven't experienced Celebration, so I am sure it's much more like that there.
    Now, my party consisted of 2 seniors (sorry dad and mom in law) who were not interested in SW weekends, and 2 younglings, who, while intrigued and excited by the SW characters, just have not mastered the patience needed for good Jedi to behave and wait in line. Yoda was definitely needed to teach these younglings. Had to get out of at least 3 lines due to excessive whining. LInes for pictures were long, if it had just been me, and I hadn't of been worried about the rest of the group, no big deal. COuld've gotten pics with Luke?leia from ANH dress, Chewie, Han, R2, Jango, Vader, then several Disney characters dressed in SW garb, Mickey and Minnie as luke/Leia.
    Personally, one would need 1 day to just to SW related stuff like pics. Oh I didn't even attempt the private sessions or autograph sessions. I did catch the first 2 mins of parade (bad scheduling on my part--rest of party were eating lunch which by the way was not crowded during parade), but we missed the hoopla which is supposed to be fun. and then 1 whole separate day to ride rides. The line to get fastpasses for Toy Story Mania was ridiculous. We went straight there to ride it, waited about 30 mins, then got fp for everyone to come back at like 12:30. The lines for Tower/Terror etc were not bad in the AM tho.
    I loved being a part of the atmosphere and seeing what it was all about, but I think for autographs, etc, something like Celebration would be MUCH more conducive, and not outside in the FL heat. Oh, did get some neat toys and shirts nand stuff, shopping was fun, but NOT in Tatooine Traders--MADHOUSE!!! I found a lot at Dark Side gifts or whatever, near the Back lot tour.
    Anyway, glad I got to do it, and it was great, great fun being surrounded by fellow SW fans, but man it was HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

14. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Sounds like the Jawa bizarre or Cantina. Glad you had fun. Not surprised about the heat...used to live in FL and it was warm in TN.

15. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I had a blast. The lines were nothing really. The longest I waited was about 2 hours. I had the pleasure of talking to Dave Filoni. After talking with him and seeing his interview, I have a new found respect for The Clone Wars series. Ray Park is great, as well. He is funny, and very fan-oriented. All in all, I saw Ray Park, Jeremy Bulloch, Billy Dee Williams, Dave Filoni, and Ashley Eckstein. I will be excited to see them again at CV. It was nice being around all the Star Wars fans, even though, in most lines, I was educating the crowd on SW, lol. It was a fun weekend.

16. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Cartoon Network is still showing The Clone Wars series episodes on Friday evening at 8 Central...(not necessarily in order). Thought it was interesting the Ray Parks was originally just a trainer for the actors in the prequels. Rather than him trying to train someone for Darth Maul, they just used him. 2 hours isn't that bad for a concentrated group of fans, especially when they are all there for Star Wars. Glad it was fun. [face_alien_1]

17. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Ray Park is fantastic. I saw a show with him showing off his martial art abilities. At the beginning, he had Maul's lightsaber. He is so fast with it that you couldn't even see it. It was just a red blur going all around him.

18. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    It was a shame the character died in PM. He would have been a huge asset to the Clone Wars.

19. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Although, there was his Doppelganger.

20. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Videos are posted on the official site for each weekend. The latest one includes footage of Ray Park showing his skills.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001037.html

21. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    If only Count Dooku had used him for his Trade Fed General... Maul could have used the Force itself, not just the lightsabers.

22. JocastaNu3

Jun 11, 2008
    Drinking coffee out of my SW weekends mug, Mickey vs Fett, awesome
    and we agree (Scott and I) WHY in the world did Lucas kill off Darth Maul in the TPM, one of the most intriguing characters in the saga.......coulda saved Dooku till end of AOTC and been just fine....Maul was awesome
    One of my fave scenes in SW movies, one of the most enticing and alluring from the trailers....DM whipping out lightsaber and igniting double blades....

23. ChewieTitan

Dec 26, 2001
    Yup, best character, Darth Maul, and best actor, Liam Neison, both killed in same movie. Shame. I wonder though, how was Obi-wan able to kill DM since DM had the "high ground"?

24. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Yeah, I wondered that as well. Maul even noticed Obi was up to something. Guess the Naboo coffee wore off when Obi fell in the pit. Maul's reaction time plunged low after being so great. ??? Looks like he suffered from the same problem Jango Fett did... close-quarters Jedi confrontation. Jango seemed to have no problem with Jedi...until he suddenly had no skills or escape. Surprised Palpatine didn't fuse him to a crab-droid or something. More left of him than Grevious...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.