main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SW1/CloneWars... MUSHers

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Skywalker1138, Apr 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Who here's been on a Star Wars MUSH or MUD, and which? My home mush was Star Wars One (SW1) and my characters were: Gaeriel, Carey and Celeste. On SW3/Clone Wars my character was Ariel. I don't get into MUDs though. I was just wondering who was who here--we could certainly reminisce. I was a 6-hour-a-day-MUSHer through college 1994-1997 especially. Anyone else here? If so, what were your handles and which MUSH did you play on?

2. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    No way! I didn't think there was anyone in the area that mushed. (This is Marcy of the pair). I never really got into SW1 or Clone for that matter but I played for literally /years/ on Minos Cluster (if you've played on Clone and SW1 you've probably heard of it). On Minos I played Alyah (Medical Doctor) and Silver (Bounty Hunter which I did with such flair that most folks feared me IC and some folks hated me OOCly) and Nahren and I was Judge_Chi there for awhile and then Chi_Wiz but I hated adminning with a total vengence. Finally, the whole place just went to hell and I stopped playing. I miss the RP/RPG feel of it and I keep looking for a table top but none of the folks I know dig the table top thing. I'll let Dwayne tell his story since it's much more interesting than mine.

-Marcy

3. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I played on SW1 for about, maybe a month. I was in the alien org that wanted to rule the galaxy. I was Thlayli the Wookiee. From there, I found out about Minos and so I traveled on over. In two months, I died three times, each time coming back as my last character's brother (Genghis Fortuna, Temujin (who lived 8 hours) and Tecumseh). My friends and I invented the "hitch and ditch" where you paid for a ride, then hijacked the crew. We were blown up by a Star Destroyer for that one. Finally I started to play Hazlrah, and learned to RP from a few good people (after forming a criminal organization that had more Twinks than Hostess). I straightened out my act, and actually pulled off one big time event. The next year, I became Judge Gamma, and as admin became lazier, and I was running TPs, I became the Head Judge. I held on to the position from 1995 to 2000 I think. I finally quit after trying to clean up the act of the admin. Since eighty percent of them were all personal friends of the main two wizards, it was a daunting task. I couldn't take all the cheating and apathy, so I finally left. For those five years I averaged a TP (Tiny Plots for the non mushers, they're basically like an adventure) every other weekend, created the cluster Olympics, and on the side coded many of the interesting weapons and armor. During my time there, and since admin were allowed to play as many characters as they wanted, since they knew most OOC info anyway, I was also Woon'dvort the Rodian bounty hunter, Hollifeld who rose from Sergeant to general in the Republic, Plix the cannibal bounty hunter (technically though, you're only a cannibal if you eat your own species, and I never did, though I did feed a Bothan PC to the bar once without people knowing about it, it was a hoot), a stupid Weequay, a bizarre Amanin, a Sluidir, an annoying Jawa inventor, a crazy Barabel that talked to his tail, and a bizarre bat-like guy whose sole purpose was to annoy any player foolish enough to talk to me. Some of those characters lasted about a month, others lasted a few years. Most of them existed to create RP for others, and the rest were so I had something to do while waiting for judge requests to come in. I haven't really RPed since except for an evening of D&D with friends. I wouldn't mind finding a table top game for Star Wars, though I've never played it. Minos followed the early WEG rules as far as using six-sided dice, min/maxes, etc. Other than Minos, never really played anywhere for more than a week or two.

4. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    The only mush I know is what my parents used to feed me for breakfast. But I'll try anything once. Twice if it doesn't drive me completely insane. Three times or more if it drives me insane in a good way.

Can someone fill me in on the basics?

5. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    MUSHes, MOOs and MUXes are all basically the same except for the code they use. They're generally referred to as a group as MU*s or something like that. Basically it is an RPG that takes place all the time. You pick a character (usually there is a character generation process where you allocate stats) and then you go out into the world. Most significant things have to be approved by admin, for instance being force sensitive, being a Wookiee (because of the strength) and things like that. A majority of the time it's just free RP, like you walk into a bar and talk to other people in the bar as your character (IC, or in character). Generally when people want to talk out of character, it's obvious (though some people don't know the difference). There are times when it is not free RP. For example, if you are an Imperial and you find someone that your character knows is a rebel, and you want to shoot him, you contact a judge. The judge enters and essentially becomes the GM, forming rounds, and moving combat along. Another time that it is not really free RP is during a tiny plot. For those of you that table top, basically that's a tiny plot in mush lingo. It's a pre-planned adventure, though of course as most GMs know, very often the players want to stray from what you think they will do. It can be a fun in the right environment, and with the right admin and player base. I'm not sure of any addresses off the top of my head. One that my friend had been working on is shutting down, and Minos (Which I would no longer recommend anyway) became something else. If you are interested though, I could probably find some addresses for you. And if you decided to try one out, we could probably explain more of the basics so that you don't look silly when you first start out. People often try to take advantage of newbies.

6. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    You know what? I played on Minos Cluster for a little while, but never really developed my character.. I can't even remember who I played--It may have been Brianna... anyway, I was human and coundn't seem to get off a da*n planet, so I got restless... Do you know any of the following from multi-mushes (always with the same name):
    Tyler_McBride (McBride)
    Chris_Maddox
    John_Bannister
    Kai
    Shumal (later became Luke Skywalker after an RP live test)
    Jessalyn
    Rictor
    (there are many more...)
    and there was this wiz named O...O...ack, I forgot. It started with an O.

Anyway, I'm still friends with the people who played some of the characters in those days.

7. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Oderus? Worked on clone? I actually helped build a planet on Clone, Carida I think, but I didn't stick around beyond that, not sure if they changed all the rooms after that or what. I've heard of a few of those people, but don't know enough about them to remember more than that. And there was a Brianna Star (or something) but she was pretty active and actually became a judge for a short while, so I guess that's a different one.

8. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    YEAH!! It was Oderus! Woha! I can't believe I'm reading that name again--LOL

9. SlickRodian

SlickRodian Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    Wow...MUShers unite. I could never get on SW1 for some reason I forget. Though I played on SW2 for a long, long time as Neb Drax, and Luke Skywalker. I also played on Minos as Tam Retnaf, but I don't think I played too frequently. All I remember is getting my leg chopped off twenty minutes after being finished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.