1. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney… Now discussing:

Art Archive SWAG - RIP?

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Eyrezer, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Eyrezer Force Ghost

star 3
    Does anyone know what happened to the Star Wars Artists Guild? The website seems to have died...
  2. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Try this site:

Artists Allied

There are a lot of our favorite Star Wars professionals featuring work there--it's an awesome place to just drool over some of their great work!

Feel free to browse around our forum, too--look at gatodama's thread and Otis_Frampton's thread--both of these are LFL approved artists that post work here. Both participate in Artists Allied, I think. I'd also like to suggest a trip through the fantasy-land of wicktone's thread here--he's been a valued member for a long time and is now working professionally for a video game development firm--we all know he'll be LFL-endorsed one day very soon!

Happy viewing!

FF
  3. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Not so sure about SWAG, but thanks for providing that link, FF! I just spent the last hour browsing at the artwork there. ;)
  4. Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    I think it kinda died about a year ago. It sounded like it was becoming too much of a commitment for the volunteers involved. i remember reading in the forums that they were taking a hiatus, but never saw any evidence that they came back from it.

I applaud the work they did when it was live. They had some fantastic art over there.
  5. Eyrezer Force Ghost

star 3
    Yeah, I wanted to request a pic off one of the guys there. He did a great pic of a Talz Jedi...
  6. Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, the volunteers did take a hiatus from SWAG and were hopefully going to return and push things forward again. It would seem that this did not happen. Whenever I try to acceess teh site I get a "Page Cannot Be Found".

A friend of mine I met on SWAG says they have mostlikely closed down for good. But, hopefully in the future we'll see another SWAG of sorts. :)
  7. Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    It would be a shame to lose access to all of the work that was posted there. I hope it's made its way back onto the web in one form or another.
  8. Daankin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm Gutted It's gone.

I'll put some of the art on my site, if anyone can get in contact with the creators let me know!

D.

9. Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have found a few pieces here and there through Google searches, but not a whole lot. The main stuff I've found was Beauty - Women from Star Wars: Fan Art which is a pretty cool site. I recognize all of those pictures from SWAG, especially the Zabrak female, I love that pic.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.