SWAN's 100th Episode/Our Fan Film

Discussion in 'Paducah, KY' started by pacervader, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hey guys,
    Well the show is up! You can click the link below and download the episode, it's gonna be awesome! Also, I suggest members register on the SWAN forums to field the barrage (I'm being optimistic here) of threads, questions, and comments regarding our film. We can really groom a future audience if we play this right. So check it out, good work guys!!

P.S. I have no data to support this but I think our film will be watched by one of the largest worldwide opening day audiences in sw fan film history. I would really like someone to see if I'm right or dead wrong, let me know!

http://www.swactionnews.com/

IT'S NOT UP YET, BUT IT WILL BE SOON
  2. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    I found where the video will be in the episode. It's about 33 minutes into the audio version, so i suspect about the same place in the video version when it gets finished, and is just sort of mixed in with everyone else's videos with no real fan fare. It's kind of in the middle but I sort of thought it would stand out in the cast somehow more. Ho hum. Let's wait and see what feedback we get tho. It was still fun to do and Arnie and Marjorie are a great part of the Star Wars collecting society and I'm glad we did it! I don't know how many times the members of our group have cumulatively watched it, but it has to be in the triple digits by now. It was totally worth doing it just for that! I think once people watch it, it will stand out. Of course, if you happen to catch something flashing on the screen, like subliminal messages mixed in the video or something, they're nothing. Nothing to worry about at all!

MWAH HAHA hahahahahahah HAAAH!
  3. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Yeah, the video should be up in about 30 minutes or so. I think our next films will be awesome, and will get alot more attention than this one.
  4. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    The full video episode is about 516 megabytes and took me about half an hour to download.

Here is the download URL if you don't use iTunes or it's not showing up for you.

http://www.swactionnews.com/Podcasts/SWAN100.MP4

BTW, it's a great episode! Check it out if you can.

PV's black and white pictures of TK-8049 even get face time. It's right when you walk down into the Sithsonian. That's sweet!
  5. TK8049 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well I read some of the comments.Nobody said it sucked so thats good.Gregthewookie thought it was brilliant so we can put that little review on the front of the DVD release.Someone else thought the long intro to wal mart with the quick exit was good.Overall I think it was awesome and a good start to a long and fruitful film career.Now since Im appearing in pictures in peoples homes does that make me famous? Should I be holding out for a bigger contract? Just wondering.
  6. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hey guys,
    We are mentioned in the swan 100th story on the Force.nets home page, check it out. pv

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Star_Wars_Action_News_Hits_100_107710.asp
  7. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    They like us, they really like us!!

For those who want to know, here are quotes from the SWAN forum regarding our skit as of midnight on Wed. I'm sure there is more to come, but, wow, we're getting a great response. And, yes, my favorite is the one is the first one.

"the Paducah Imperials' video, which was hands-down brilliant. So clever and so fun - they're wonderful to have put in so much hard work and good humor into their little submission. " - gregthewookie

"i really loved ALL of the segments and laughed out loud a few times, especially at Chris & Crew's video" - darthkozy

"A few favorite moments:
    - The great long shot in front of the Wal-Mart Supercenter, followed by the abrupt exit. " - Fran Moff Tarkenton

"the (Paducah) Imperials segment was hilarious" - ryanlb

"The Paducah Imperials' video was awesome (how did you pull all that off in the store?)." - Smash Das Robots

"You all did a great job, but the Paducah Imperial piece had me rolling." - darth_fod

"I loved..... the Vaders a scalper, really funny stuff!" - darthdaddy
    "waaaaay funny!" - darthdaddy

"I thought your cinematography on that was great as well as the special effects on the "set for stun" moment. Great work! " - Darth Bounty

"I loved your part of the show. I thought it was one of the most orginal "skits" there was...D.L....'Look sir! 'roids!'" - DarthLudicrous (we've officially been quoted!)

"I liked the sketch so much, I showed it to my wife. Lots of fun. " - Brock

"I loved the McChewie/Vader standoff." - GIR_3691

So, I officially deem this skit a success! Congrats to all our members!!
  8. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Now you can check out the fanfilm as well as a PImp promo vid on our YouTube channel at

http://www.youtube.com/paducahimperials

The direct link for the fanfilm is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPbLHTV2yxE

And if you haven't heard of the fanfilm <tongue in cheek> I post these latest reviews.

"Paducahs: You guys were freakin hilarious! 'You don't like him because he's black!' LOL I was half expecting Vader to come back and Force-grab the coin too." - Dex1138

"Chris- You guys did an AWESOME job onthat. Arnie showed me the DVD when I got to their house before the 100th was finished and my jaw hit the floor! The "you don'y like him because he's black" had me rolling in one of those "I can't believe she just said that" laughs. Friggin awesome!" - KrispyKenobi (Scott from Tulsa)

"It made me cringe when vader just ripped the McChewie off the card." - blacksmith

"Paducha Imperials, good job." - Darth Tirius

"Hands down, the Paducah Imperials segment was my favorite! 'You're not cryin' over me..... He took the McChewie.... But we still got the coin!' BRILLIANT! " - loosetoon

"I hardly noticed Vader's missing shin guards. Good job." - ahole (Just joking, Ed!)
  9. Nardo Jedi Knight

star 1

"I hardly noticed Vader's missing shin guards. Good job." - ahole (Just joking, Ed!)
    [/quote]

LMAO!! That was funny! I can't believe so many people laughed at the "cause he's black" joke! Guess its better than "freaking insensitive jerks". lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.