main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX Swap and/or Shop? Where and When? Sept. Oct...?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Gambler, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    As a New member here....I think a Swap and Shop is a GREAT idea. In fact my roommate and I were just thinking of posting that very thought. Neither of us have much to Swap but have alot of odds and ends that are needed to complete some personal collections. Not to mention it would be a great way to meet some of you. We were even thinking about having it at our place in Austin but if Waco and Killeen want to figure out something thats great too. I was thinking maybe toward the end of September maybe early October....or perhaps sometime in November after the October Dallas show and before the Austin November show. Anyway..thats my 2 cents worth... Anyone else interested and/or have an idea of Day/Time/Place???

2. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    I think this would be fab. Let's do it a little later, like early October. That gives me a chance to pull out stuff from storage. Would it be good to post what we have first? I wouldn't want to haul a bunch of stuff nobody wants. Also, it would be neat if people could donate some stuff and we can raffle them off for charily at the next collector expo.

-Anne

3. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    I think a list is great idea...specially for those who have toooo much stuff and maybe for those searching...post some specific requests. ***Like, I need a Y-WING*** :) Plus, it will give everyone an idea of what needs/wants people have.

4. Kimbote

Kimbote Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    I'm up for this as I still need time to dig out my extras. I've been slowly moving through my collection as I put them on display. So I know I'll have some extras.

5. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    OKAY!!! This is awesome!!! I will look for a place here in Killeen or in Temple to hold this event, depending on the response of Waco. *S*

I love the idea of a listing of what you have or want/need. *S* Would make things easier to cart around or set up. *S*

I have some things Anne that I can donate to a raffle. *S*

I'm thinking in October...BEFORE... the show in Plano. That way, you'll not be paying such a high price if another fan has something you want, rather than a vendor. *S* What do ya'll think? *S*

*JUAD* I'm soooo excited!!!

Debby

6. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    I would guess that most everyone would prefer a Saturday? How about October 12th which would be still 2 weeks before the next show.

7. neumera

Nov 26, 2000
    October 12 is good for me.

8. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    I like the idea of the swap/shop but isn't the Carrie Fisher con on Oct 12????? Thought I read that on the Expo site!
    Jim in Temple

9. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Good call...I thought it was LATE October...hmmm....should we do it the weekend before? or is that too rushed? October 5th or perhaps after the show maybe October 26th...

10. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    I would say Oct 5 so we can avoid the inflated prices at the con :) Besides in late Oct we will still be broke from the con ;)
    Jim

11. neumera

Nov 26, 2000
    Oct 5 is our regular meeting, so unless you want to do this in Austin, that's not a good day for our group.

12. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Well...I think Austin is fine...just depends how many from Waco are interested...but either way..I too prefer to do it before the show in Dallas...so Austin is fine by me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.