SWAP gear

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by jedi_master_sal, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stina-Cri Jedi Master

star 4
    i want a swap thong lol....we really should have one
  2. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    For now all items have been put on "pending" status. I called them to ask what was up and they said they had been alerted to possible copyright infringement.

I've already called Steven Sansweet and sent a formal e-mail detailing the usage of our logo and that there is no profit to be for the group. (All profit will go to Childrens' Hospital, btw-minus any taxes I have to take out)

Once I get permission from him and get it straightened out with Cafepress we should be back up and running anytime.

So far we only have two orders.
  3. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Sal... Cafepress may be narcing it because of the Steelers aspect of our logo, as opposed to the Star Wars stuff in it. I suspect that your average person wouldn't recognize the Imperial logo or Rebel logo if they saw it out of context.

Just a thought, in case you hadn't considered it.

It's stinky all-around, though.

Likes his new job,
    Yours Truly
  4. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    No actually they specifically mentioned Star Wars. Nothing about the Steelers. Besides the logo is changed enough that it only mildy resembles the Steel logo. Which is actually a patent of USX. The Steelers took their logo from them.

Since we're not in the habit of making a profit, I'm fairly confident that we'll be okay'd by Mr. Sansweet and can once again offer this stuff to the group.
  5. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Sal... Huh... that's interesting.

I'd be surprised if Sansweet had an issue with this, so hopefully it'll just be a matter of time before the shop is back up and running.

Crosses those fingers,
    Yours Truly
  6. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    I got a reply back from Steve Sansweet. All he's said for now is:

Thanks for the info. . We'll get back to you shortly with our guidelines.
    Regards,
    Steve

So, I guess we can just wait a little longer.

It was nice to talk to him yesterday. It's cool that he is accessible to fans.

-Sal
  7. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Man... now I want all this stuff! :p

Too bad I'm broke. I've spent about $500 on a new camera and professional microphone. Speaking of which, we should do another fanfilm sometime.

Ooh...! They should sell SWAP director's chairs! :)

Anyway. Sal, where are the SWAP boxers? Seriously, man. :p ;)
  8. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have a script. And a producer and director and even a 'film company' Siren Productions

But I do need a special effects person (Alan ;) ) and one more location.

Anyone interested in making another fanfilm this summer?

And SWAP boxers would actually be cool . . .

9. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    If they shut the swap merchandise site down, then I have an idea that will probably work, while getting all of the same stuff.
  10. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The SWAP gear site is still up and running. Sal got in contact with Sansweet of Lucasfilm to get the official okay to use the rebel/imperial symbols. That was what the snag was. Someone told the CafePress people that we were violtating copy rights. It was just a matter of proving to the CafePress people that we weren't, which Sal has alread done.

Anyway . . .

I got my SWAP coffee mugs today! Both look fantastic!

The travel mug is silver, with the city skyline outline that goes into a triangle, with the Imperial/Rebel symbols fused together.

The regular mug is white, with the 'steeler' type logo on the front. The colors are very sharp and clear. Very nice!

I'll bring both to the next meeting (June 27 just to remind everyone) for show and tell.

I'm so pleased with the quality, I think I'm going to have to go order some more stuff! That carry bag would be very spiffy for CIII, as Sal pointed out before. It won't go as well with the costumes as my brown messanger bag that I usually wear, but what the heck, its a convention and a nice way to show off our group among the other faithful ;)

11. jangofett219 Jedi Knight

star 2
    If you put up the trucker hat I'll buy. Along with other stuff.
  12. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for helping me to clear that up Chris, and for the great review of the stuff you got. I should be receiving my order shortly.

I'll have t-shirts, the "flying disc", wall clock, mouse pad, tote bag, carry bag, tile, and I think a few other things. I'll bring these along as well to the next meeting so you all can get a good look at the stuff. I got this merchandise for two reasons, one for me of course but also as a way to show everyone in person what it really looks like so you can make a better more informed decision.

Also, if someone can bring a laptop, so if anyone does want to order stuff that day (at the meeting) they can do it through me and I can get them the great discount! Bring extra money for this if you think you might be interested, I'll need to collect it at the meeting so I can place the order. I will place the order at home however since I'm a bit touchy regarding passwords on other peoples computers.

Remember any profits from sales of SWAP stuff will go to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.

EDIT
    Just added: Visor and Boxer shorts
    END Edit

Not so patiently awaiting his SWAP gear now,
    Sal
  13. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  14. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do you have your SWAP gear??
  15. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Now that we have the okay on the shirts and sports Jersay, please feel free to purchase them.

GC, I also am awaiting the okay on the pictures for the calendar, so when the 2005 one becomes available, it will be up for purchase.
  16. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yipee!!

Sal, didn't you say that you were going to put some new photos on the 2005 calander? I'm very curious about which ones you plan for April (CIII month) and May (EpIII month). And of course, you have to do something really special for July (Wonk ay's birthday month) [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.