FF:NZ SWAP MEET

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by farmboynz, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    So how many Auckland fanforcers are planning to go to this swap meet? Maybe we could plan a get-together, lunch beforehand or something.
  2. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Well, I'll be there. ;)

But I'l be busy setting up etc, so won't be able to make lunch or anything. But I expect y'all to come to my stand and have a chat!

3. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be there, but in 'magical ghost body' form :p
  4. purplebabbit Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be there :) can't wait to spend a lot of money :)

5. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will be there cash in hand

Looking forward to it
  6. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I'll be there.

Keep an eye out for the lanky, dishevelled looking fellow who looks like combination from a britpop band and the kid from Third Rock from the Sun.
  7. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I just opened my diary and found out I have a 2000 word lab report due in on Monday, on top of a assembly language compsci assignment which is driving me nuts. There goes my weekend ...
  8. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

It's been some time since I did any Assembly Language programming, but perhaps some of us can help out. :)
  9. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's Alpha assembly language. What was kinda funny, was a few days after we started learning it, the last company to use it dumped it. That's IT for ya, the technology moves faster than they can plan courses to teach it.

So who's going to be first to report back from the swapmeet?
  10. purplebabbit Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll go :) first off, I wish I had more money. There was so much more stuff I wanted, I had to pick the main things I really wanted. My parents came, not really into Star Wars but they found it fun. I didn't get anything particularly rare, just building on my collection. I'm on a high this weekend, with my huge box of sw figures from brianstoys.com that arrived on Friday :) I'm going to have to rearrange all my figures now (for those who were there, I was the girl with shoulder-length blonde hair, dressed in black with a split picture of anakin/darth vader on my t-shirt) :)
  11. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    BUYING FROM BRIANSTOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  12. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Not true. Some of their prices are higher than elsewhere, but there are also some good priced stuff as well, plus their more reliable (or so I've been told) than most overseas webstores. :)
  13. purplebabbit Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whoops, it was actually my box from ebay that came friday, my brianstoys stuff came a little while ago. But all the figures I got cost me less than NZ$10 each

14. Norrad_Roff Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm with you BUZZ. I have never had a problem with Brian's Toys.

If you do buy, buy a heap of stuff (figures) or larger items. If you buy bits and pieces here and there the frieght IS a killer.

Brian does have some pricey items BUT even with the exchange rate the way it is, it's still cheaper than getting stuff (particularly vintage) form our neighbours over the tazzie.

IMHO anyhoo.
  15. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    Had a great time at the swap meet

got heaps of stuff, bank balance suffered

In regards to brians toys

had no problems there, yes some thimgs are pricey just have to buy wisely.
    You can pick up some great deals and their selection is the best i know of

16. Darth_Graal Jedi Master

star 4
    so did any of you guys and gals actually manage to meet up in person?

17. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    I meet JP

Also i would like to say a big thanks to the guys that organised it
    very well done

hope we can have another one soon

18. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    And I met Chad (him up there ^) and Matt from SWNZ, and some other guy who lurks here, but whose screename I didn't recognise.

19. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Force Ghost

star 3
  20. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
  21. Kai_Halicon Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm so frickin' lame I slept in till midday and by the time I woke up and got there, all the good stuff was gone. :(

I was kinda hungover and not in the mood to deal with anyone so I skulked in for half an hour and vanished. For the record if a tall, long-haired, lanky fellow in flared jeans, fur-lined jacket and aviator sunglasses accidently bumped or knocked you, my humble apologies. I was still on the comedown.

*Vodka IS the dark side*.

Nothing really caught my eye unforntunately but over the weekend I did manage to find my old skanky ESB pillowcase. (It had Luke on a Tauntaun on one side and Vader/Boba on the other. I used to have nightmares if I slept with the Vader side-up. :D)
  22. purplebabbit Jedi Knight

star 1
    On the SWNZ website, they posted pictures from the Auckland Swap Meet - in the second one down, you can see my mum, dad, (very left - back to camera) brother, but no me.. probably just as well :)

I wanted to stay and chat, but alas my parents had stuff to do, so I couldn't hang around. Wanted to show my daughter some stormtroopers - next time :)

23. farmboynz Jedi Knight

star 3
    Middle Photos

in the middle ish, in front of JP's stall

Blue tee shirt - green pants
    My lovely partner next to me (my left) tan pants blue top with bag
  24. damolay Jedi Knight

star 1
    OMG!!

I just checked out thsoe photos!

Classic.

Who has those Storm Trooper suits & where can I get one?

I am so bummed I missed this swap meet.

I am sooo there for the next one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.