main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA SWAP Poker night- UPDATED 4/19

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shewski, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    You need to know by this Thursday? Or next Thrusday, the 22nd?

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    The thursday night before we play, sorry should have been more clear in my last post.

3. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Ok, I've confirmed w/ all the tentative folk and they are out. We just need an official word from Fluke then we have our group all set.

Remember, post here if you are interested by 4/22! That's when Terry needs the final count.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Count me in for 2.

5. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

It's officially official. I'm "in." I'll be there with a bag of pretzels. Any interest in carpooling, Mr. Shewski? (Assuming it still makes sense for you to do that in your current geographic location, of course.)

See you then, gentlemen.

Has the ace of spades in his hand,
    Yours Truly

6. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Yeah, Carpooling would be good. I live up Rt 28 just a little bit, so I'm not too far away from you still, just in a different direction. I'll give you a call tonight, it seems as if it has been forever since we've chatted in person.

On a related note, Sal called me this weekend and said for the heck of it he bought 2 new decks of cards that he will bring. He also has about 200 White, 100 Red and 100 Blue chips for us to use.

Brian is bringing pretzels....

Post what else you will bring... we'll need some other snacks as well as pop.

I'll bring some Doritos!

Terry, can you PM everyone on the first post directions to your place this week? Also, we'll bring some extra spending money in case we go in on some pizza.

Also, we need to decide upon the buy in. I suggest 5 bucks, since we'll have a nice crowd.... if we do a decent # of chips, we can get in a few games.... we can do 10 bucks, let me know what you all think.

Also, for rules I suggest that we follow the way Brian and I explained it earlier on in this post. Here's a recap:

Aces can be high or low
    Small Blind of 1
    Big Blind of 2
    You must raise at least the value of the ante (initially 2)
    The ante doubles every half hour to hasten the end of the game
    Maximum of 3 raises per round of betting

What do you think? Brian, did I miss anything?

7. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Looks pretty good to me, Shewski. This should be some fun. Seems like we haven't played cards (of any type) for a real long time. It'll be good to finally break that streak.

Good times,
    Yours Truly

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    If you are coming and need directions please PM me or better yet call me on my cell phone. In your PM make sure you tell me where you are coming from. My cell number is in the directory or PM me for it.

9. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Don't know if Fluke needs them since he's my ride but give me a call tomorrow if you can so I can get those off of you or just PM them to me. Thanks Terry.

10. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Brian, you gonna get directions from your place?

11. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Shewski... Got in touch with Terry, and directions are in hand. We should be ready to roll. As an FYI, MapBlast tells me it'll be something like a 40 minute jaunt, so I guess we should time things accordingly.

Needs to get ready to go out,
    Yours Truly

12. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Ok, I'll be over ASAP tomorrow.... and then I will proceed to win mucho dinero... ha ha ha ha!!!

13. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    We are going to play a few hands first to teach us new comers to the game, right?

14. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    How much money will we be expected to have per game? If it's a $5 buy in, what is the average amount used per hand per person?

15. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Fluke when are you picking me up?

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I just PMed you.

17. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    We can do some warm up hands, sure. That's a good idea.

The $5 buy in lets gives you all the chips (number to be determined tonight, once we see how many chips we have) you need for 1 game... if you lose all your chips, you're out. So if we play 5 games, and you lose them all, at most you will lose $25.

Everyone try to bring 5s so we can make change easier if need be!

See you after work!!!

18. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Well, a fun night was had by all. Thank to Terry for hosting, everyone else for coming, and Zero for winning the title of Lando for the evening!

Let's do it again, sooN!

19. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I concur! (Except, absolutely no more Jaeger Meister for me-terrible headache the next day-and that was just one shot of the stuff)

Brian won the first game, Lando - er I mean Zero won the next three and I won the last.

Next time would it be acceptable to raise the ante a bit sooner? Like every 10 minutes or so instead of 15. I'd like to see all of us play a bit more instead of watching the others. Just my opinion though.

20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Sorry about the headache Sal. I had a great tie everyone thanks for coming. I cna't wait until we can do this again.

21. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Wasn't your fault my man. I was the one who accepted it.

22. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I am certainly looking forward to the next SWAP Poker Night. It may have taken awhile, but I got the hang of Texas Hold Em and how to bet properly, so the next time I will be ready!!!

23. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, it took me awhile to play "smart". There's alot more to the game than just the cards you are dealt or the ones on the table.

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    You guys want to try and do this once a month? We can continue to play at my house or move to a new place the next time. Either way it is cool with me.

25. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I should give a big, hearty thanks to the host and all you fellows who attended. I had a very good time as well. I'd be down for making this a regular thing. That'd be a good time.

And who knows... if we got enough people to learn the game, we could even maybe turn it into another fund-raising tourney-style thing like we have with Epic Duels. *shrug* Just a thought...

Looking forward to next time,
    Yours Truly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.