main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Swarmed: Why oh why Shanks?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Errant_Venture, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    What the hell were you thinking when you signed on to do one of Sci-Fi's crappy movies?

Hopefully Swarmed which airs tonight on Sci-Fi at 9 won't be that bad because Shanks is a good actor. But somehow I doubt even with Shanks in it this movie will be only slightly above par of the rest.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Ha! It's a SciFi B movie which equals crap. Maybe Shanks will do a decent job, but the rest, blech.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Tony Alwhatever (Bray'tac) was in one of those last year, heh.

4. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Oh please.
    Have you seen Sumuru!?

Shanks just does sci-fi for sci-fi's sake. :) He doesn't care how bad it is.

5. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    But look at what guest spots on Andromeda got him. Can't argue with that. [face_mischief]

It can be disappointing when you see your favorite TV actor doing some horrible movie. I remember when I heard about a movie staring Alexis Denisof and Alyson Hannigan I thought it would be great if nothing else then to see them working together again.

It wasn't.

Its called "Rip it Off" if anyone is so inclined to rent it.

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I missed the movie because of work. Anyone catch it?

You're right Weezer, guest staring on Adromeda was his big lucky break. I mean DAMN!

I suppose Shanks gets off if he does Sci-Fi just for Sci-Fi's sake. I wonder how much those actors get paid to be in Sci-Fi's movies?

While I've never heard of Sumuru I've got no intention of finding it online. Its probably not even worth the time it takes to download and same goes for this Rip It Off. :p

7. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I don't think people even take the time to upload movies like that. Its pretty much rent it at that one place in town that rents movies like that (everyone has at least one and it usually ain't Blockbuster) or go your whole life without seeing it.

The later is the better option.

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    The only Shanks I know is Doctor Daniel Jackson in Stargate SG-1, so since no-one has elaborated on the surname, is this the same actor or you guys on about someone else?

9. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    It's Michael Shanks, and we are talking about the same guy. He's a regular on SG-1, but sometimes does a crappy SciFi channel movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.