main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Galactic Republic Senate Game Session 2: Feb-May 2006

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by LemmingLord, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005

And, Zabrakmale, Rederan could deploy all of it's military, but I think we'd clog up the airspace and land around and on the planet if we did.

REDERAN'S FULL MILITARY.

http://starwars.com/databank/starship/arc170fighter/img/movie_sm.jpg

Name: ARC-170 starfighter

Size: 14.5 meters long

Manufacturer: Freedom Drive Yards

Type: Aggressive Reconnaissance starfighter

Weapon: 2 medium laser cannons, 2 aft laser cannons, 6 proton torpedoes

Affiliation: Galactic Republic

Associations: Rederan Military

Total Number of Units: 437,000

Biography: Protecting the skies over Rederan were specialized troop fighter forces flying the latest in starfighter technology. The Incom/Subpro Aggressive Reconnaissance Craft, more commonly known simply as the ARC-170, was a space superiority fighter developed by the Galactic Republic during its mass militarization as a result of the outbreak of the Clone Wars. It was piloted by a crew of three Clone trooper pilots, two forward-facing and one rear-facing, and one astromech droid, usually an R2 model. It was designed primarily by the Incom Corporation for the Republic during the Clone Wars but deployed only in the later months of the conflict. The tri-foils of the fighter fold outward into a distinctive 'X' shape. The starfighter's two huge, round engines on either side of the craft and its wing configuration are reminiscent of other Incom models, such as the Z-95 Headhunter and the Rebel Alliance's famous X-Wing starfighter, and, judging by the differences in time the movies take place, are likely all part of the same series of ships, each replacing one another on the market as improvements are made, as in cars in real life.

The ARC-170's wingspan was 22.85 meters and its formidable armament included two medium laser cannons, an aft blaster cannon controlled by a rear gunner, and a payload of six proton torpedoes.

The most famous use of the ARC-170 was during the Battle of Coruscant, when thousands of them, alongside Eta-2 Actis-class Jedi interceptors and Venator-class Star Destroyers defended the Republic capital of Coruscant against invasion. A clone pilot named Odd Ball, who flew an ARC-170, aided the Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi in holding off enemy starfighters while Kenobi and his former apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, boarded the flagship of the diabolical Count Dooku and General Grievous.

ARC-170s also played a major role during the execution of Order 66, where many Jedi Knights were shot down by clone troopers piloting ARC-170s, most notably the Jedi Master Plo Koon over the planet Cato Neimoidia.

http://starwars.com/databank/starship/delta7/img/movie_sm.jpg

Name: Delta-7 ?Aethersprite? starfighter

Size: 8 meters long

Manufacturer: Freedom System Engineering

Type: Light Interceptor starfighter

Weapon: Laser cannons

Affiliation: Galactic Republic

Associations: Rederan Military

Total Number of Units: 284,000

Biography: Small wedge-shaped one-man starfighters, these vessels were used by the Jedi order in the waning days of the Galactic Republic. While the ship does employ weapons, most Jedi pilots preferred to rely on their cunning and attunement to the Force to avoid disputes and aggression.
    A truncated astromech droid was hard-wired into the starfighter's port side, providing repair and navigation information to the Jedi pilot. The vessel was too small to carry a hyperdrive, and instead relied on a separate booster craft for transit through hyperspace.
    Now this agile starfighter is used by the massive Rederan Military, it represents the bulk of the one manned starfighter deployment within the Army.

http://starwars.com/databank/s

2. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Bill 5.12.00000000001 - "Bomb the Crap Outta Them"
    DarthIntegral, Darthvaderous with Friendly Amendment from Comrade lemmingLord

Yay

Comrade LemmingLord
    Jedi-Master-Bri
    prj1
    ZABRAKMALE
    YoungAngus
    DarthIntegral
    Warrior_of_Mandalore

Nay
    Three-Eight

Alway's up for a good fight. :p

Hmmm...Vaderous, it's been about a year since I've seen a "my army is bigger than yours" debate in the Senate. [face_thinking]

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

3. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    There's always time for another one. [face_mischief]

4. NeitiPadme

NeitiPadme Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2005

5. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Bomb the Crap Outta Them has passed. Please excuse my absence over the weekend. It looks like I didn't miss too much except Vaderous showing us why Rederan has had to increase the price for their energy. :)

6. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    Velcome back, fearless leater!

For the record:

Annaxes Total Military -

Some old freighters with mismatched parts strewn together vith duct tape, a minefield maintained by our "adopt a minefield" program, and twelve retired Republic postal vorkers.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    And, for the record, Honoghr's millitary:

Knives
    Blades
    Teeth
    Claws
    Fearlessness

8. Imrahil

Imrahil Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2000
    Flanked by two guards in flowing red robes, the Senator from Bastion makes a grand entrance into the Senate Chamber.

I apologize for my tardiness my fellow honorable Senators. You can never trust aliens to pilot a starship reliably, but such is the state of the galaxy these days. Regardless, I look forward to working with you all. What have I missed?

(Thank you for allowing me to join you all, btw. :) )

9. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    Welcome Senator Imrahil. It is nice to see you have arrived.

10. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    With two bare chested farmers with electro-pitchforks, the Senator from Annaxes makes a rather unimpressive entrance into the Senate Chamber.

Comrades, I have concerns. Vhile I recognize the right of every individual to live under opresion if he/she/it would so choose, Rederan and Moab represent an axis of evil. So dependant on their fuel have we become that ve have stoot by and let them get away with imposing them and their vays on the rest of us. For Moab, ve have seen the warcrimes of its current leader whom we at this very time attempt to overthrow; but what of Rederan? How can this body be so blind as to allow this fuel rich system to build up its military to this cataclysmic level?

I do not suggest that Rederan is currently necessarily a threat; only that this body must encourage a reduction in Rederan's military forces if we are to insure that this gleaming jewel of the stars does not turn its vast military against us if they should make the same mistakes as Moab; the possibility of a petty dictator taking command is too great for Rederan's strength to remain unchecked. Obwiously they have a fleet that can rival all her neighbors even in the inner core, and they own the means of production with fueling a war machine that could, under the wrong direction, erradicate personal freedoms in order to reflect a despotic ruler's iron fist.

11. Imrahil

Oct 22, 2000
    Thank you for the kind welcome Madame Chancellor.

I must say that I venhemently disagree with the passage of Bill 5.12.00000000001 - "Bomb the Crap Outta Them"

We must excerise extreme discretion before we accuse people of racism and send our fleets half-way across the galaxy. As much as I cannot tolerate political dissent such as that being led by General TarkyTarkTark, we must not be hasty in our efforts. I suggest that a commission be created in order to discover the true intentions of the insurgents.

In responce to the distinguished Senator from Annaxes, Bastion would opposse all efforts to interfer with the sovereignty of member states in regards t otheir military affairs. We are all peace loving members of the Galactic Republic, we should not distrust one another so.

12. Rebel-Hero-Solo

Rebel-Hero-Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    1) Three-Eight - Yavin IV
    2) LemmingLord - Anaxes
    3) Princesschattycathy - Endor
    4) YoungAngus - Bespin
    5) MIDKNIGHT03 - Corellia
    6) DarthIntegral - Honoghr
    7) Jiimas_Paarsa - Iktotch
    8) Rebel-Hero-Solo - Hoth
    9) Spaceman_Spiff - Korriban
    10) ZABRAKMALE - Ossus
    11) Warrior_of_Mandalore - Mandalore
    12) Chukles38 - Kuat
    13) Jedi-Master-Briken - Bilbringi
    14) NeitiPadmé - Naboo
    15) prj1 - Nkllon
    16) Rilwen_Shadowflame â?? Roon
    17) sword_of_raditz - Mustafar
    18) Dark_Jedi_Kenobi - Mygeeto
    19) StarWarsFreak444- Kamino
    20) benknobi1- Telos
    21) emporergerner-Muunilist
    22) malcolm-darth-am-i-Coruscant
    23) Darth_Vaderous- Rederan
    24) Imrahil- Bastion

Official Roster For May 15th, 2006!

13. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    I concur, we need no distrust, you all know that the Rederan system is one of the most loyal systems in the Republic. We have given much food, water, credits, and aided many system's and the Republic in Military affairs that I find it insulting that you would propose that we would someday turn against you and destroy you all. Especially when we supply you with your every use, fuel. We have no reason to harm any of you, and if the Rederan people have anything to do about it, there won't be any dictator taking over any time soon.

There have been points where Rederan's Military has been far greater, during some wars, our infantry numbers reached over 10 billion, and we had well over 10 million starships. Just 1,000 years ago, Rederan had a military over 2 billion in infantry, during peace time. And what did that help? Well, when a few wars occured, we were the first to respond, we were deploying the most troops, and we were responsible for the death of about 18% of our enemy's numbers. That alone proves why we upkeep such a massive army, you always have to be prepared for war. It can come at any time.

So I beg you Senators, you overstepped your bounds when you recognized the labor group, don't do it again by putting sanctions and laws over the Rederan system. We have this size of a military for the greater good. We won't do any harm to any of you.

14. MIDKNIGHT03

MIDKNIGHT03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2005
    Bill 5.12.00000000001 - "Bomb the Crap Outta Them"

Yay

Comrade LemmingLord
    Jedi-Master-Bri
    prj1
    ZABRAKMALE
    YoungAngus
    DarthIntegral
    Darth_Vaderous
    MIDKNIGHT03

Nay
    Three-Eight

Though I agree with some arguments from both sides of this discussion, I support it more than oppose it...

15. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    Well Senator Mid, the motion passed already, but it's good to know you support it. :)

Also, another thing I would like to address with Senator Lemming, Rederan has imposed it's laws on people? Of this, I had no knowledge of...

Also, I find it rude you involve Rederan in an Axis of Evil, of things to call Rederan you call us evil?

EDIT: I would also like to welcome the honorable Senator Imrahil of the system of Bastion, I hope you enjoy your stay here, and I am also looking forward to working with you as well. :)

Bastion is a beautiful place, I've been there many-a-time.

16. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Let me rephrase, comrade; given the dependence of so many influential systems on Rederan fuel, this senate has looked the other vay vhilst Rederan retains a massive military presence; it has the capacity to be a military threat and it represents one of two systems providing such fuels for pretty much the entire Republic. I vhould ask that ve enter into negotations vhith the gowerment of Rederan to turn some of its swords into plowshares so its power never corrupts her or encourages an arms race with Rederan's neighbors. Although it should be the right of any nation to have ridiculous expenditures; in this case, it hurts the entire Republic that one planet should have the political, economic and military clout to have so much more influence than the other systems.

I vhould ask this body to encourage first through friendly persuasion, then by threat of economic sanctions, the gowerment of Rederan to reduce its military to no more than 10% of the allied central military. There are over 1000 worlds in the Republic; it is ridiculous and terrifying to have 1 with the ability to crush any other.

Finally, ve must encourage planetary energy independence. Rederan did not ask to be so critical to the everyday vorkings of the galaxy, and it is unfair to it and to our constituants that Rederan's interests should be so important. Ve surwiwed vithout Rederan and Moab energy before; ve can do it again. I beg this body to create a bill to encourage complete energy independance of core worlds within 50 years.

17. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    Good Morning Senators.

A little update for you and to get us back on page 1.

Playtex is very busy with the reconstruction and they are hoping to be ready for their annual parade/big party next month.

A stealth mission was undertaken to rescue the overthrown President of the Moad system and his loyal followers and was successful. They are currently on Endor.

Bombing has commenced on the capital city. We expect to have control within the month.

18. Imrahil

Oct 22, 2000
    Thank you Senator Darth_Vaderous for your kind words. I have yet to travel to Rederan but I have heard a great many wonderful things about it.

I must say my fellow Senators, that I am deeply troubled by recent actions by this body and some of it's members. The Galactic Senate was founded with ideals of stability and peaceful coexistence. Today, not only do we military forces interfering in a purely domestic affair in the Moad system, we also have new accusations against the upstanding and peaceful member state of Rederan. I am proufoundly disturbed by these developments and urge my colleagues to not make such hasty decisions and accusations in the future. Thank you.

19. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    This is not a purely domestic affair, comrade. A sovereign nation of the Republic has been overrun by a dictator who does not recognize the authority of this Republic. This rogue nation is a threat to its people, the Republic and is under the rule of a ruthless war criminal.

As far as being profoundly disturbed, I hope the senator from Bastion will meet with me after session so I can give him the name of my therapist. ;)

20. Imrahil

Oct 22, 2000
    Thank you for your comments and offer of assistance Senator LemmingLord. I would also be a proud supporter of your plans for energy independence. :)

I still find myself troubled by these actions, but what is done is done and continuing to harp on them will only lead to further waeken of the Republic.

However, if this military action goes badly, as I fear it might, we must have some non-military contingency plans in place. I would happily work with the distinguished Senator from Anaxes on such plans.

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    There i$ no need to worry about non-millitary $olution$.

I can guarantee that the millitary action$ will continue to be profitable for myself and anyone el$e who wi$hes to join the CORRUPT party.

22. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    I vant to know vhat our exit strategy is... May I respectfully request that if ve occupy the planet before ve can restore the lawful gowerment that ve use central alliance troops rather than Rederan? It vould not be in anyvones best interest for one planet to control both the major fuel producing planets...

23. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    As the current bombing is being led and conducted by our Central Army there should be little fear that just one system will be able to take control. If there is enough interest a motion would be welcome.

24. Jedi-Master-Briken

Jedi-Master-Briken Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2006
    For the record, Bilbringi's Millatary standing(so to speak):

Anything you want our shipyards to build, our shipyards will build!

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I will craft no such motion. Any single system able to take control like that must be rich, and filled with lobbyists with deep pockets!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.