main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Galactic Republic Senate Game Session 2: Feb-May 2006

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by LemmingLord, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imrahil

Imrahil Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2000
    Upon recieving further instructions from my government, I am able to pledge the use of 10 of our Venator-class Star Destroyer along with the appropriate number of support ships and personel to the be used in the subjeg... uh, restoration of the legitimate government of Moad.

2. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    Rederan has no plans of controlling Moad, although Rederan would gladly help in establishing a government for Moad after the Military action is completed.

And trust me, it will go well. Must I remind you the troops and ships we're putting into this? We're doing this for the people of Moad, who never asked for racist insurgents to take over.

3. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    A lot of activity!

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm being paid to have no input right now

5. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005

Judging by how you post here, you're paid to do a lot of things.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm only kidding. :p

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Maybe I'll craft a motion to put tariffs and taxes on Rederan ... hmmm ...

7. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    You must be in league with Spaceman Spiff or LemmingLord. [face_laugh] :p

8. Imrahil

Imrahil Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2000
    I would like to express Bastion's support for the people of Rederan through these troublings times of accusation and heresay.

9. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    Ve are league of extraordinary senators; join us. :)

10. Jedi-Master-Briken

Jedi-Master-Briken Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2006
    I don't know whay anyone would like to spend all there time thinking of how to make themselves rich when there are systems that are in need of that same thing only to barely survive. I therfore must pledge my loyalty to that of Senator ZABRAKMALE of Ossus

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    You clearly do not under$tand the point of politic$.

It i$ a platform to get me riche$ and power.

Nothing more, nothing le$$

12. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Yes, the point of political parties tends to be the conglomeration of power into a recognized structure to which the minority can feel protected whilst losing their individuality. Much like gowerments or any other institution.

It is my greatest regret that ASCP may outlive me. Each being should be free to follow 'is own destiny.

The ideal of gowerment is to take the power given it by those it gowerns and return it to the individual at the expense of the corrupt.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    What do you have against kickbacks, corruption, and money?

14. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    Here's something I propose, instead of relying so much on Rederan and Moad, how about you use some of the other fuel heavy systems in the Galaxy? The Yavin system for instance, has loads of natural gas, and many have oil and other sources.

15. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Ughhhh I hate being sick :mad:

Could someone please update me on what is going on?

16. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Energy crisis. Moab and Rederan supply most of the fuel in the galaxy. Moab taken over by insurgents. We've bombed them into submission. Rederan is having some technical difficulties preventing it from opporating at maximum efficiency right now. Rederan has a freaking huge fleet which is likely using up more fuel than any other single organization in the galaxy.

17. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    The Radiation fuel doesn't go stale or bad, most of our ships stay in teh same place without moving for some time, just in case we need them. So really, we aren't using that much fuel because we're not using every ship, every day.

And the technical difficulties are coming from operating 24/7 to fuel everyone's system with fuel. We need a break, we have a day and night staff for everything involving our fuel industry.

There are tens of thousands of sources of fuel, and you're only using Moad's and Rederan's really, only 5% of the Galaxy's fuel is being brought out by other system's.

53% of it is from Rederan alone, it's insane, and 42% is from Moad. Do something to change that, we can't run the Galaxy forever, there are, as I said, thousands of fuel sources in the Galaxy, get off your lazy asses and put some damn industries in those systems! Don't put tariffs and sanctions on my system for having a large Military, seeing as how we basically run your speeders and starships, I think it would be rather barbaric to jump all over us like this. [face_plain]

We are generous enough to even sell you our fuel, take into account that we can, at any time, take away your fuel and you won't be doing all that much normal, every-day stuff. But we choose not to, not only because we care for the Republic, but because, well, that money is rather nice.

I would find it really sad and low of the Republic, of which Rederan has served for thousands of years, despite the Republic overstepping it's bounds with us time and time again, despite plagues, rebellions, wars and planetary issues, we have served, aided and been true friends to every system here. It is insulting, after all we've done and still do, that you would try to limit our right as a sovereign system of this Galaxy and this Senate, to have a Military of any size, ungodly large or not.

This large Military also protects us from someone who might try to take over our fuel industry, while brings in more money then WE, the Rederan people, even WE don't know what to do with all of it! Therefore, we literally need a Military this large!

I beg you, freedom and peace loving Senators, do not politically attack Rederan like this, it is unfair and low.

18. Jedi-Master-Briken

Jedi-Master-Briken Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2006
    I have nothing against kickbacks as long as thet are recycled back into the system to provide a better way to deal with the growing issues at hand. I do not think it proper to fill one's pockets with something that could be used to better our great Republic!

19. MIDKNIGHT03

MIDKNIGHT03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2005
    I support Senator Darth-Vaderous on his statements. The planet Corellia owes much to such systems that provide the fuel for the superior ships that we produce. We are quite thankful to Rederan for the way that they have alwys been fair with us on their prices and delivery. It is common for beings to take such everyday things for granted and then to remain standing with their hands out still wanting more.

I know that there are other systems who provide a larger quantity of ships than Corellia does. And, truthfully, I am surprised that none of them have stepped forward to also support Rederan with it's pleas.

20. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    I thank the honorable Senators Midnight and Imrahil for their support. :)

21. MIDKNIGHT03

MIDKNIGHT03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2005
    Thanks are not needed...

22. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    Motion 5.17.01: ?The Galactic Fuel and Fuel Industry Bill?
    Presented/Crafted: Darth_Vaderous

Whereas; The Republic is depending for fuel upon the two systems of Rederan and Moad, which have a split monopoly over the fuel industry. Rederan puts forth 53% of the Galaxy?s used fuel, Moad puts forth 42%, only 5% of the remaining used fuel comes from other systems, most to all of which have very, very small fuel industries.

Whereas; Rederan is having technical difficulties, and cannot operate at full capacity, Moad?s turbulent government, which has recently come under attacks by Rederan and many other system?s due to racist insurgents taking over. As it stands, Rederan has felt and has been taking the brunt of the fallout from that, and it?s output is getting lower by the day, due to the pressure put on them by the fuel shortage.

Therefore; The Republic will put forth a Bill that will, over time, equalize the fuel industry so that Rederan and Moad will no longer have a monopoly over the industry, and so that both systems can upkeep their equipment properly for efficient fuel production.

Therefore; Systems with the capabilities to produce industries will create them, and equalize not only the monopoly, but the balance of currency in the fuel industry. Many systems need the credits the fuel industry can bring them, so overall this will be beneficial for all involved.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Feel free to discuss this Bill, as well as suggest improvements, I?m waiting for a second.

23. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    I like first part of biel, though ve need more qualificaations: vhat exactly vhil ve do the equalize? I zink the second part of biel, requiring planets to industrialize, iz not only possible infringement on sovereign rights but also perhaps not vork to meet part one. Dhat is to say, while industrializing certain planets to utilize their raw materials better vould help monopoly yes; but some planets haven't the resources to move forvard with fuel production no matter their industry center. Not every planet has awesome radiation planet to uze!

Still, I vould wote for similiar biel that could encourage energy indepdence vithout pressuring vorlds to industrialize who vould not benefit from same.

24. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    1) Three-Eight - Yavin IV
    2) LemmingLord - Anaxes
    3) Princesschattycathy - Endor
    4) YoungAngus - Bespin
    5) MIDKNIGHT03 - Corellia
    6) DarthIntegral - Honoghr
    7) Jiimas_Paarsa - Iktotch
    8) Rebel-Hero-Solo - Hoth
    9) Spaceman_Spiff - Korriban
    10) ZABRAKMALE - Ossus
    11) Warrior_of_Mandalore - Mandalore
    12) Chukles38 - Kuat
    13) Jedi-Master-Briken - Bilbringi
    14) NeitiPadmé - Naboo
    15) prj1 - Nkllon
    16) Rilwen_Shadowflame â?? Roon
    17) sword_of_raditz - Mustafar
    18) Dark_Jedi_Kenobi - Mygeeto
    19) StarWarsFreak444- Kamino
    20) benknobi1- Telos
    21) emporergerner-Muunilist
    22) malcolm-darth-am-i-Coruscant
    23) Darth_Vaderous- Rederan
    24) Imrahil- Bastion

Official Roster For May 17th, 2006!

My staff seems to be missing in action. Sorry for the delays in not getting the roster posted.

25. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    I was a little vague, I meant encourage, I also stated that systems with the capabilities could, and should, and hopefully, most likely would build industries for their own fuel.

Also, who's the moron Senators who voted so that two system's would fuel the whole Galaxy? Not a thousands years ago most systems with fuel resources had industries, what the hell happened?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.