main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Galactic Republic Senate Game Session 2: Feb-May 2006

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by LemmingLord, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    Senators come from long line of morons... Known fact.

2. ZABRAKMALE

ZABRAKMALE Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    Loyalty? excellent, does this mean you pledge your systems warriors to the grand army of the warrior party? i hope so, soon we shall take over whoping great big asteroids and derilict planets alike! then move on to inhabited planets... Oh also vaderous dont worry i will have my message about my millitary soon as we are currently tallying numbers up. Dont think that what i said was the army of ossus, We are warriors we have far more than that.

3. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Point of order, zupreme chanzellor - I ask...no, I BEG for you to share with us your next scenario, lest this phallic military comparison continue!! :)

4. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Second. I haven't posted much here recently, largely due to the fact that it has degenerated into another "my army could beat up your army" debate.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

5. Imrahil

Imrahil Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2000
    I say to my fellow distinguished Senators, lets us pass Senator's Vaderous bill, pledge to gain our energy independence and protect all of our fellow member's soveriegnty, and move on to more pressing matters.

6. Jedi-Master-Briken

Jedi-Master-Briken Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2006
    Yes, Senator, my systems warriors are so pledged to the Grand Army of the Warrior Party. There will never be a better time than now!

7. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    An interesting development, but I must ask for caution in all these big brawny warrior types. Let flexing muscle not become a primary focus over thought and discussion. ;)

8. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    If you would, find Senator Imrahil, please second my Bill. :)

9. Imrahil

Oct 22, 2000
    Of course my fine fellow Senator, I was going to second it earlier, but ut must have skipped my mind. :)

I second Senator Vaderous' motion.

10. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    This motion is now available for voting.
    Motion 5.17.01: ?The Galactic Fuel and Fuel Industry Bill?
    Presented/Crafted: Darth_Vaderous seconded by Imrahil

Whereas; The Republic is depending for fuel upon the two systems of Rederan and Moad, which have a split monopoly over the fuel industry. Rederan puts forth 53% of the Galaxy?s used fuel, Moad puts forth 42%, only 5% of the remaining used fuel comes from other systems, most to all of which have very, very small fuel industries.

Whereas; Rederan is having technical difficulties, and cannot operate at full capacity, Moad?s turbulent government, which has recently come under attacks by Rederan and many other system?s due to racist insurgents taking over. As it stands, Rederan has felt and has been taking the brunt of the fallout from that, and it?s output is getting lower by the day, due to the pressure put on them by the fuel shortage.

Therefore; The Republic will put forth a Bill that will, over time, equalize the fuel industry so that Rederan and Moad will no longer have a monopoly over the industry, and so that both systems can upkeep their equipment properly for efficient fuel production.

Therefore; Systems with the capabilities to produce industries will create them, and equalize not only the monopoly, but the balance of currency in the fuel industry. Many systems need the credits the fuel industry can bring them, so overall this will be beneficial for all involved.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Yay

Nay

The Jedi Council have brought disturbing news from the Illodia system. Currently the Republic has outlawed slavery and in order to be a member of the Republic we agree to follow a guideline for how people and business are treated on our planet.

The Jedi have discovered that the Illodia system has expanded their definitions of an ?indentured servant?. They are running many ?sweat shops? where the indentured servants are required to work 18 hour days and are provided a very meager diet of questionable nutritional value. The most disturbing aspect is that the companies are keeping a log of all of the costs the servants are incurring through exorbitant costs for housing, food, and clothing. If the indentured servant dies before the debt is paid the companies transfer the debt to an heir. Our system does allow for an adult to enter into an indentured agreement however the extent to which this one is being carried out makes me question the spirit and seems to be taking advantage of the poor.

Please Senators I urge you to develop a peaceful solution to this issue so that all citizens of Republic may expect some levels of humane treatment.

11. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    This motion is now available for voting.

Whereas; The Republic is depending for fuel upon the two systems of Rederan and Moad, which have a split monopoly over the fuel industry. Rederan puts forth 53% of the Galaxy?s used fuel, Moad puts forth 42%, only 5% of the remaining used fuel comes from other systems, most to all of which have very, very small fuel industries.

Whereas; Rederan is having technical difficulties, and cannot operate at full capacity, Moad?s turbulent government, which has recently come under attacks by Rederan and many other system?s due to racist insurgents taking over. As it stands, Rederan has felt and has been taking the brunt of the fallout from that, and it?s output is getting lower by the day, due to the pressure put on them by the fuel shortage.

Therefore; The Republic will put forth a Bill that will, over time, equalize the fuel industry so that Rederan and Moad will no longer have a monopoly over the industry, and so that both systems can upkeep their equipment properly for efficient fuel production.

Therefore; Systems with the capabilities to produce industries will be encouraged create them, and equalize not only the monopoly, but the balance of currency in the fuel industry. Many systems need the credits the fuel industry can bring them, so overall this will be beneficial for all involved.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Yay
    Darth_Vaderous

Nay

I made a small alteration in the Bill, instead of forcing systems to build industries, they will be encouraged, very much, to build them. That and Rederan is going to slow down our output effective tomorrow morning for repair and clean up.

12. NeitiPadme

NeitiPadme Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2005

13. Imrahil

Oct 22, 2000

14. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005

Yay
    Darth_Vaderous
    NeitiPadme
    Imrahil
    Comrade LemmingLord

Nay

Biel stiel seemz wary wague to me.

Clear example of how bourgeoisie acts to put end to idyllic relations. It pitilessly leaves no other nexus between people than naked self-interest, than callous "cash payment". It has resolved personal worth into exchange value, in place of the numberless indefeasible chartered freedoms, has set up that single, unconscionable freedom -- *Free Trade*. In one word, for exploitation, veiled by political illusions, it has substituted naked, shameless, direct, brutal exploitation.

Ve must put end to transfer of debt from one generation to next. Beings should be free to enter in arrangements for selves; to allow one's parents debt to become one's own, ve take this freedom avay and have vhat this Republic stands to destroy: slavery.

I concur vith the honorable zupreme chanzellor; let us find vay to curb the threat that inherited debt represents to personal liberty.

15. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Hmmm... No one speaking. Goot time to bring about new legislation..

Motion 5.19.2006 "Breaking the Propertied Class"

Whereas it is in the best interest of the people to be without institutionalized multi-generational economies,

thefore, the Republic hereby declares that no one can inherit their parent's debts;

all inherited debt is hereby absolved.

16. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    Motion 5.17.01: ?The Galactic Fuel and Fuel Industry Bill? Voting will be open until May 20th 8am Board Time. I realized I was in error in posting the time frame so additional voting time has been added.

Yay
    Darth_Vaderous
    NeitiPadme
    Imrahil
    Comrade LemmingLord

Nay

17. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    I second this Bill.

18. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Vaderous's bill is a good general idea, but it seems to lack certain specifics. What kind of encouragement are we talking about? And what type of energy are we specifically looking to produce?

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

19. Rebel-Hero-Solo

Rebel-Hero-Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    1) Three-Eight - Yavin IV
    2) LemmingLord - Anaxes
    3) Princesschattycathy - Endor
    4) YoungAngus - Bespin
    5) MIDKNIGHT03 - Corellia
    6) DarthIntegral - Honoghr
    7) Jiimas_Paarsa - Iktotch
    8) Rebel-Hero-Solo - Hoth
    9) Spaceman_Spiff - Korriban
    10) ZABRAKMALE - Ossus
    11) Warrior_of_Mandalore - Mandalore
    12) Chukles38 - Kuat
    13) Jedi-Master-Briken - Bilbringi
    14) NeitiPadmé - Naboo
    15) prj1 - Nkllon
    16) Rilwen_Shadowflame ? Roon
    17) sword_of_raditz - Mustafar
    18) Dark_Jedi_Kenobi - Mygeeto
    19) StarWarsFreak444- Kamino
    20) benknobi1- Telos
    21) emporergerner-Muunilist
    22) malcolm-darth-am-i-Coruscant
    23) Darth_Vaderous- Rederan
    24) Imrahil- Bastion

Roster for May 20th, 2006.

20. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    Motion 5.17.01: ?The Galactic Fuel and Fuel Industry Bill? has past.

Motion 5.19.2006 "Breaking the Propertied Class" is now open for voting. Voting will be closed May 21st at 4:15pm Board Time

Whereas it is in the best interest of the people to be without institutionalized multi-generational economies,

thefore, the Republic hereby declares that no one can inherit their parent's debts;

Yay

Nay

21. Rebel-Hero-Solo

Rebel-Hero-Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    Motion 5.19.2006 "Breaking the Propertied Class"

Yay

Nay

Rebel-Hero-Solo

22. Three-Eight

Three-Eight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    ]Motion 5.17.01: ?The Galactic Fuel and Fuel Industry Bill? has past.

Motion 5.19.2006 "Breaking the Propertied Class" is now open for voting. Voting will be closed May 21st at 4:15pm Board Time

Yay
    Three-Eight

Nay
    Rebel-Hero-Solo

23. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005

24. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005

Yay
    Three-Eight
    Darth_Vaderous

Nay
    Rebel-Hero-Solo

*abstains from voting, due to mixed feelings about this*

25. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Yep, vith 2 wotes to 1 ve've dealt a blow to the propertied classes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.