SWC Galactic Republic Senate Game Session 2: Feb-May 2006

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by LemmingLord, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    And what of the people to whom the debts are owed? Who compensates their loss?
  2. LemmingLord Jedi Master

star 4
    If you vant to compensate the propertied class for enslaving babies for their parents debts, I suggest you take it from your pocket. :)
  3. PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus

star 5

Motion 5.19.2006 "Breaking the Propertied Class" is now open for voting. Voting will be closed May 21st at 4:15pm Board Time was passed with the lowest turnout yet.

Whereas it is in the best interest of the people to be without institutionalized multi-generational economies,

thefore, the Republic hereby declares that no one can inherit their parent's debts;

all inherited debt is hereby absolved.

Yay
    Three-Eight
    Darth_Vaderous

Nay
    Rebel-Hero-Solo

Lemminglord, official nag that you are. will you please remind the inactives to turn out especially if they have any asperations to run for the upcoming elections?
  4. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Motion 5.19.2006 "Breaking the Propertied Class" is now open for voting. Voting will be closed May 21st at 4:15pm Board Time was passed with the lowest turnout yet.

Whereas it is in the best interest of the people to be without institutionalized multi-generational economies,

thefore, the Republic hereby declares that no one can inherit their parent's debts;

all inherited debt is hereby absolved.

Yay
    Three-Eight
    Darth_Vaderous

Nay
    Rebel-Hero-Solo
    DarthIntegral

I cannot allow money to be thrown away so easily.

Point of Order, I believe there are no elections next month/>
  5. PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Darth Integral you are correct. I had forgotten about the break. Way to keep me on my toes. I also appreciate your thoughts however I am sorry to report that voting on the bill ended yesterday.
  6. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Oops [face_blush]

Sorry, I've been out of town and trying to catch up.

Oh well.
  7. LemmingLord Jedi Master

star 4
    Your excellency, I have just finished nagging half the senate body in the hopes of more activity... I shall nag the other half during my next break.

One of my favorite senators has alraeady responded and asked me what were the current goings-ons and I realized most of our scenarios seem resolved. What shall we have on our docket now?

8. YoungAngus Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Sorry, the twilight of my school year and beggning of my Summer kind of threw me off my posting groove. I also wandered into the YJCC a couple days ago, and was trapped....[face_worried]

My deepest Apologies to this body. LemmingLord has nagged me out of my YJCC addiction and gotten me back into the game here. :)
  9. Darth_Vaderous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Welcome back from that toxic toilet...
  10. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Fellow senators, my deepest apologies for my lack of activity in this game.
    I was held prisoner by fellow Jedi, and couldn't escape.
    Thanks to Limminglord for freeing me.
  11. LemmingLord Jedi Master

star 4
    It was worth it to see you safe and sound. It was also a bonus that when they captured you they made you wear that metal bikini.
  12. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

star 6
    Don't hate the 'propertied class'- their votes put you in this Senate. ;)
    Besides, youre generalising, using emotional arguments. So be it. So shall I.
    What of the person on the edge of poverty, who needs to have the debts to them repaid, else their financial troubles will swallow them?
    The one owing dies, no one carries the debt, the person loses money they might need at that time to survive.
  13. NeitiPadme Force Ghost

star 5
    When is new election? Or have we got break during the summer?

And I'm going to the holiday tomorrow and I'll be back on Monday. I try to come tomorrow morning, but I can't promise that I have got time to do that.
  14. Darth_Vaderous Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Break during Summer.

Please forgive NeitiPadme, she does not understand English very well as she is from a country that does not generally speak English. :)
  15. PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus

star 5

I think she does fine. Better than some supposedly English speaking posters I have seen. ;)
  16. LemmingLord Jedi Master

star 4
    I move that we change the Republic standard language to Ewok (5.23.A).
  17. PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Good Morning Senators,

Thank you official nag The Amazing Lemminglord for your work in getting renewed activity.

We will need all of the help we can get. Last night my gym bag was taken from my starship. It contained many valuable items and documents as well as my curling iron, hairspray, lotion, and my music player. My life is lost without being able to listen to my yub yub music.

The offender must be caught and brought to justice.
  18. Jiimas_Paarsa Jedi Master

star 3
    Jiimas_Paarsa - Senator of Iktotch

Greetings fellow Senators, sorry for my lack of participation. :( But I have some sad news to pass along.:( :_| @};-

My Jedi Advisor, SaeseeJim, has passed away with an incurable sickness.

I ask for your condolences.
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    by the way I was the one who controlled SaeseeJim, I just felt it was time to retire from the order with a death.

Anyways what been going on lately, and long delayed congratulations to the Supreme Chancellor on being elected
  19. LemmingLord Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: If its possible to take the Supreme Chancellor's gym bag, then no one is safe from this vave of theft..
  20. PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I am sorry for your loss. He was a great Jedi Advisor. I am sure we could have used his wisdom in the investigation.

I have also realized Senators that a backpack of Senator Lemminglord's was also taken from the starship. I am unsure of what valuable items were kept in the bag.
  21. LemmingLord Jedi Master

star 4
    I vould like to thank the thief for taking my stuff. I've been meaning to take a vow of poverty anyway. This gives me the perfect opportunity to quit putting it off!
  22. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Bill 5.23.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 - A Desperate Over-reaction and waste of taxpayers money

In light of the recent thefts of a Senator and the Supreme Chancellor

It is hereby put in motion that until further notice every member of the Galactic Senate shall be given ten thousand bodyguard droids to help deter bag theft.

I motion for the adoption of this bill

We can not allow for time to be wasted! I might have some of my precious money stolen next!/>
  23. LemmingLord Jedi Master

star 4
    You make me smile comrade. Simpler solution:

Bill 5.23.002 - Just say Nyet to Bags

Vhereas ve have theft problem in senate;

senators vhill no longer bring personal property other than their clothing into the capitol city;

senators vhill no longer carry property (private or publi) in gym bags, sacks, suitcases, purses, or billfolds; nor vhil they carry any item on their person (other than clothing) that weighs LESS THAN seventy five pounds inside the capitol city;

senators caught with such items shall have their items taken away by 10,000 battledroids.
  24. PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus

star 5

I like the way you think. I hope someone seconds the motion soon. />
  25. Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Master

star 4
    I will second these bills if a provision is put in place to protect us from the squirrels, who are the obvious perpretrators of these heinous crimes. We must round up every squirrel we find and incarcerate them. Only then will we be safe. It's the squirrels, I tells you. The squirrels!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.