main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Galactic Republic Senate Game Session 2: Feb-May 2006

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by LemmingLord, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    The presiding office recognizes the following nominations:

DarthIntegral 3

2. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    I nominate Evan_The_Great

3. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2005
    I second the nomination for Evan_The_Great

4. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Nominations thus far:

Evan_The_Great 2
    DarthIntegral 3

5. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    Evan_The_Great < DarthIntegral

Evan_The_Great - 2
    DarthIntegral - 4

6. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I vote for a third nomination of Evan_The_Great

7. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    And I return.

I shall catch myself up on everything and add my name to the Senate Roster soon.

8. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    SWC Galactic Senate Roster
    Please QUOTE REPLY when adding your name and planet to retain linking
    New players read the constitution on page 1 before playing.
    Start playing by adding your user name and planet to the list.

1) malcolm-darth-am-i - Coruscant
    2) JediCouncilMaster - Vjun
    3) Three-Eight - Yavin IV
    4) LemmingLord - Anaxes
    5) Commander5052 - Kamino
    6) Princesschattycathy - Endor
    7) YoungAngus - Bespin
    8) MIDKNIGHT03 - Corellia
    9) DarthIntegral - Honoghr
    10) dontlookatmethatway - Dathomir
    11) Evan_The_Great - Ruan
    12) kotorkid007 - Onderon
    13) JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ - Furia
    14) Jiimas_Paarsa - Iktotch
    15) DarthFine - Dagobah
    16) ForceGhost-ObiWan - Kashyyyk
    17) masterluke9 - Alderaan
    18) REVANLORD - Nal Hutta
    19) Spaceman_Spiff - Korriban
    20) shiphunk2 - Hoth
    21) Blemelisk - Corulag
    22) cloneCommando1138 - Dubrillion
    23) Swordofthejedi - Denon
    24) emporergerner-Muunilist
    25) XelanTa - Geonosis
    26) first_mate - Tatooine
    27) ZABRAKMALE - Ossus
    28) Darth_Vaderous - Rederan

I am pleased to return serving my beloved system.

And, I nominate Darth Integral for the position. Althoguh I respect Senator Evan a great deal I must choose Integral for his fantastic showing in our last session.

Integral For The Win!

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    It's nice to see the return of Rederan to the Senate.

10. Darth_Vaderous

May 16, 2005
    *Bows*

Thank you, honorable Senator.

And good luck in the elections!

11. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Ok so both Evan_The_Great and DarthIntegral have enough nominations... Will it be just a two person race? Only the next few hours will tell..

12. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    I think it will be a Two Horse race. Good luck to you both. My vote has been decided.

13. cloneCommando1138

cloneCommando1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    good luck to the candidates.

14. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    ***1.29.2006 - Campaign Day***

Those senators with at least two nominations before 12:01 on 1.29 are the candidates for supreme chancellor (at the time of this writing, those senators include Evan_The_Great and DarthIntegral).

On the day of 1.29, preferably in the morning, please give post your campaign speech or your notice that you will be declining to run in the election.

Your campaign speech should answer questions 1 through 8 below but may also include anything else you'd like (subject to the normal expectations of decency of course) and should give the voters reason to select you for this term. Afternoon, I'd like to open up the floor to some followup questions, but let's wait until the afternoon to give the candidates a chance to give their speeches.

Questions:
    1. The Supreme Chancellor's position is that of "gamemaster;" that is, the Supreme Chancellor decides the setting, time period, and the scenarios requiring the senate's attention; what can you tell us about the kind of setting, time period and scenarios you envision?

2. The Supreme Chancellor's position is that of "chairbeing;" that is, the Supreme Chancellor keeps things fair; given the constitutions constraints, what can you tell us about your approach to keeping order and fairness during your term?

3. The Supreme Chancellor's position is that of "host;" that is, the Supreme Chancellor keeps things fun and listens to the needs of the players; what can you tell us about your approach to answering the needs and concerns of the players?

4. Will we see repercussions of the motions and bills that we make as a Senate body in game?

5. How will you incorporate (or not incorporate) the Jedi and the Sith into your scenarios?

6. As SC, what will you be handling personally and what will you be allowing others to do?

7. As SC, what role(s) would political parties and political groups play? Would you try to incorporate them, or try to block them? Would you like to start a precident for the session by allowing the formation of standing political organizations?

8. Will you include "special interest groups" or other variations on real world politics into your scenarios? If so, give us an idea of what that will be like for the players.

Bonus Questions (These are questions that may only interest me, the presiding officer; and I will only vote in the case of a tie; still, others may find your answers enlightening):

*9. How would you deal with the problem of new players losing the senator roster links when adding their names?

*10. What is the sum of all the numbers between 94 (as in docking bay 94) and 421 (as in TK421 why aren't you at your post); that is what do you get if you add 94+95+96+...419+420+421?

*11. State Kiri-Kin-Tha's First Law of Metaphysics:

*12. Finish this joke: A wookie, a hut, and an R2 unit go into a bar, the bartender says to the wookie, what'll you have? The wookie says, "rar rarar wuh." The bartender is surprised, but fixes him a glass a lemonade as he requests. "And what about you," he says to the stout hutt. "Ho ho ho, twong strawinki." The bartender scratches his head but thinks better of saying anything as he hands the hut tall glass of skim milk. Finally, the bartender turns to the little droid who says, "bleep. woooo. bipboopiptidupidoop..."

15. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I nominate DarthIntegral as well.

16. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    ***1.29.2006 - Campaign Day***

The candidates are Evan_The_Great and DarthIntegral.

Sometime today, preferably in the morning, please give post your campaign speech or your notice that you will be declining to run in the election.

Your campaign speech should answer questions 1 through 8 below but may also include anything else you'd like (subject to the normal expectations of decency of course) and should give the voters reason to select you for this term. Afternoon, I'd like to open up the floor to some followup questions, but let's wait until the afternoon to give the candidates a chance to give their speeches.

Questions:
    1. The Supreme Chancellor's position is that of "gamemaster;" that is, the Supreme Chancellor decides the setting, time period, and the scenarios requiring the senate's attention; what can you tell us about the kind of setting, time period and scenarios you envision?

2. The Supreme Chancellor's position is that of "chairbeing;" that is, the Supreme Chancellor keeps things fair; given the constitutions constraints, what can you tell us about your approach to keeping order and fairness during your term?

3. The Supreme Chancellor's position is that of "host;" that is, the Supreme Chancellor keeps things fun and listens to the needs of the players; what can you tell us about your approach to answering the needs and concerns of the players?

4. Will we see repercussions of the motions and bills that we make as a Senate body in game?

5. How will you incorporate (or not incorporate) the Jedi and the Sith into your scenarios?

6. As SC, what will you be handling personally and what will you be allowing others to do?

7. As SC, what role(s) would political parties and political groups play? Would you try to incorporate them, or try to block them? Would you like to start a precident for the session by allowing the formation of standing political organizations?

8. Will you include "special interest groups" or other variations on real world politics into your scenarios? If so, give us an idea of what that will be like for the players.

Bonus Questions (These are questions that may only interest me, the presiding officer; and I will only vote in the case of a tie; still, others may find your answers enlightening):

*9. How would you deal with the problem of new players losing the senator roster links when adding their names?

*10. What is the sum of all the numbers between 94 (as in docking bay 94) and 421 (as in TK421 why aren't you at your post); that is what do you get if you add 94+95+96+...419+420+421?

*11. State Kiri-Kin-Tha's First Law of Metaphysics:

*12. Finish this joke: A wookie, a hut, and an R2 unit go into a bar, the bartender says to the wookie, what'll you have? The wookie says, "rar rarar wuh." The bartender is surprised, but fixes him a glass a lemonade as he requests. "And what about you," he says to the stout hutt. "Ho ho ho, twong strawinki." The bartender scratches his head but thinks better of saying anything as he hands the hut tall glass of skim milk. Finally, the bartender turns to the little droid who says, "bleep. woooo. bipboopiptidupidoop..."

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The Senator from Honoghr does humbly accept his nomination as a candidate for the position of Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Senate. Allow me to answer the 12 questions posed by this body, and then divulge further information, if neccesary.

The Time period I envision for this term is 1000 ALS (after Luke Skywalker). I select this time period for many reasons. First, is so that there is no cannonical Star Wars literature on this time period, so none should be confused about the happenings in this game and the happenings in the literature/movies/games of the GFFA. Second, is so that technology can be limited only by our imagination. We have seen wonderful advances in the times of Star Wars, and we now have an additional 1000 years for advances. This will allow for certain planets, such as my own and Alderaan, to be restored through technology to how they existed prior to the Empire's destruction. There are other reasons for this choice of time period, but for now, those choices shall remain mine.

As for setting, the Republic would begin my term in a time of peace, with the biggest issue facing the senate being economics. The Republic as a whole will not be thriving economicalls, and in fact, only a few select systems will (and the choices for them will be well explained). My scenarios, for the most part, will mirror real-world issues, both current and historical, US and international.

As Supreme Chancellor, I think the best thing I can do to keep things fair is to keep things interesting for all parties involved. To that end, I'm not unwilling to modify scenarios I have planned for ideas of others in the Senate. In doing so, I think that our senators will be more interested and involved in the game and being fair, than in trying to cheat, squabble, or detract the game. Above and beyond that, my PM box is always open in both directions, and I feel that a PM to me of a PM from me regarding fairness can be enough to get the game back on track.

Well, I partially answered this in (2), but I will add more. I am very willing to adapt my scenarios to what other players want to play with. If a player PMs me with a suggestion for a scenario of a scenario twist, I will strongly consider it, and if it doesn't conflict and/or can be fit in, I will usually go with it. Using the ideas, motivations, and dreams of other Senators will keep me from getting "burned out" in being SC.

I envision my scenarios having chain-reaction events. That is, if you pass a bill (or if you deny a bill), the effects will be felt in the galaxy in most situations. For example, if a bill is passed (and this is being silly, this is not one of my scenarios) saying that Wookies cannot marry Astromech droids, you might expect to hear in a future scenario that Kashyyyk is not happy and some radical wookie groups are planning a protest which might not turn out to be peaceful.

At the start of my scenario, the Jedi will be an employee of the Republic, in much the fashion they were in the Prequel Era. Additionally, the head of the council will serve as advisor to

18. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    :oops: Forgot to check on this forum.

1) malcolm-darth-am-i - Coruscant
    2) JediCouncilMaster - Vjun
    3) Three-Eight - Yavin IV
    4) LemmingLord - Anaxes
    5) Commander5052 - Kamino
    6) Princesschattycathy - Endor
    7) YoungAngus - Bespin
    8) MIDKNIGHT03 - Corellia
    9) DarthIntegral - Honoghr
    10) dontlookatmethatway - Dathomir
    11) Evan_The_Great - Ruan
    12) kotorkid007 - Onderon
    13) JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ - Furia
    14) Jiimas_Paarsa - Iktotch
    15) DarthFine - Dagobah
    16) ForceGhost-ObiWan - Kashyyyk
    17) masterluke9 - Alderaan
    18) REVANLORD - Nal Hutta
    19) Spaceman_Spiff - Korriban
    20) shiphunk2 - Hoth
    21) Blemelisk - Corulag
    22) cloneCommando1138 - Dubrillion
    23) Swordofthejedi - Denon
    24) emporergerner-Muunilist
    25) XelanTa - Geonosis
    26) first_mate - Tatooine
    27) ZABRAKMALE - Ossus
    28) Darth_Vaderous - Rederan
    29) Warrior_of_Mandalore - Mandalore

Looking forward to a good session.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I made an error in one of my statements, and I would like to thank the person who pointed it out to me, XelanTa, and I would like to fix my error:

I should have subtracted all numbers through 93, not through 94, as to include 94 in my answer.

20. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Good job answering all of the questions DarthIntegral. I would have skipped the math question and cursed the esteemed and attractive Lemminglord for having added such a trick question. good job making the joke funny as well. :)

21. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Good job with the questions Integral.

For example, if a bill is passed (and this is being silly, this is not one of my scenarios) saying that Wookies cannot marry Astromech droids, you might expect to hear in a future scenario that Kashyyyk is not happy and some radical wookie groups are planning a protest which might not turn out to be peaceful.

[face_laugh] If you win, please please make that a scenario!! [face_praying] :p

I like your idea with the time setting being after everything in the saga takes place so therefore Senators can use examples and stories from that time period to better their arguement.

22. MIDKNIGHT03

MIDKNIGHT03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2005
    Well, done, Senator Integral...I too like the idea of the time setting that you have proposed...It will be a unique term if you get elected...

23. Evan_The_Great

Evan_The_Great Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    ~.:/|From the Desk of Evan the Great, Vice-President of the Interplanetary Democratic Party|\:.~
    Nomination Acceptance Speech

I would just like to begin by declaring that I will be accepting my nomination to run for Supreme Chancellor of this Senate.

I would have the time frame set in the early days of the republic. About 100 years after the creation of the Republic, just as the jedi Order is finding itself and exploration of new hyperspace routes, planets and sentient beings is happening. It woiuld be a growing time, this would open numerous new options for

I will maintain equal opportunity scenarios that encourage multiple solutions and goals to maintain a large array of participants.

At the beginning and end of each week (monday and friday) I will be taking sugesstions for upcoming scenarios for the next week.

Of course.

Well within my timeframe the Jedi Order is just picking up ground throughout the galaxy and aren't yet the governmental branch that we see in the movies. They will need credits and protection untill they are really strong and moving. They might just ask this body to help them.

I will be handling the suggestions and presiding over scenario/in game disscusions with my VC. I will be allowing my VC to handle roster updating and, as stated before, helping me with presiding over disscusion.

I shall allow any and all political parties that want to be formed to be formed. There can be 5 "offical" political parties, who will be checked out by me, personally. I will try my best to make these parties represent different views on issues. Any other "unoffical" political parties will be allowed, but will not be recognized by this body. In other words, these will be the larger praties and the offical roster will reflect the party membership. Not everyone has to be part of a party, but if there is alot of party membership it will make life easier.

I would include special intrest groups such as lobbyists, etc.

New members will not add their name to the roster. They will make a post declaring their

24. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    ***1.30 - Voting Day***

Polls will be open from 12:01AM to MIDNIGHT on Monday, January 30th, 2006; please send your vote to me in a private message for either DarthIntegral or Evan_The_Great.

Senators with follow up questions, please ask them in the form of posts.

Candidates, if you want the votes of the senators asking such questions, please do answer them.

25. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    ***1.30 - Voting Day***

Polls are NOW open for early voting. As described by the constitution, voting can occur on day TWO or day THREE (capaign day and election day)... So you may vote until MIDNIGHT, the end of on Monday, January 30th, 2006; please send your vote to me in a private message for either DarthIntegral or Evan_The_Great.

Senators with follow up questions, please ask them in the form of posts.

Candidates, if you want the votes of the senators asking such questions, please do answer them. [/quote]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.