main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Galactic Senate Game

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Strilo , Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Alright! The Focus Group has finished its work on hammering out the rules for the new Galactic Senate game so we're ready to give it another go. Thanks to all the FGers who worked on the constitution. LemmingLord will be running the first election for Supreme Chancellor. Elections after this one will be run exactly as the Constitution states. This first election will consider today the first day of the process, so the election process can follow its usual course. This will make the first Chancellor's term a bit shorter but it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone who posts in this thread is considered to have read ALL of the Constitution and agreed to follow the rules it lays out. Remember, the TOS applies as well. Please remember that this is a game thread and not a social thread. Please keep socializing to the Cloud City Cantina. Good luck and have a good game!

----------------------------------------------------
    Ammended Constitution of the Galactic Republic Senate, date 10.19.05

Rule 1. This Senate Game is a democracy. Each senator in the Galactic Senate (GC) has one vote, which they can use to elect, to make regular motions, to make constitutional amendments, and to remove an elected officer from office. (Note: the acting Supreme Chancellor votes only in the case of a tie, see Rule 3 below)

For votes to elect, the senator with the most votes is elected. For votes to make constitutional amendments (that is to make changes to these rules) and to remove an officer from office in a "vote of no confidence," a 2/3rds (also called super) majority of the voting senators is required to pass the motion. For votes on the senate's regular business, that is for other procedural matters and for motions to make "virtual" senate decisions, simple majority (more than half of the voting senators) passes the motion in question.

All officers recognize that their power comes from the senators and can be taken away if they don't keep the majority happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule 2. Anyone can play this game and become a senator in the Galactic Senate. They simply need to repost in the thread the senator list, adding his/her JC username and the name of a planet not already represented.

One person plays one role in this game, so multiple user IDs (socks) or the equivalent may not be used to give one person multiple senate seats; users suspected of doing so will be reported to the SWC mods, who will consider such actions to be cheating in the game and subject to terms set by those mods. Said terms may include permanent removal from the game.

Senators may resign by posting an updated version of the current list and removing their name. The Senate can pass a motion to remove a Senator from power if they become inactive in the game for more than one week. This motion must be passed with a [simple] majority. If the removed Senator returns and pledges to be more active, they may return to the game without hassle. They may not be able to get their previous planet back again, if another Senator has taken it. The Senate may not completely remove a senator from the game by passing motions; only the mods or a senator's own resignation can remove them from the game for good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule 3. Three officers serve the Galactic Republic. The Supreme Chancellor (SC) is the only officer voted into their position. The Vice Chancellor (VC) and Speaker and of the House are both appointments made directly after the Supreme Chancellor?s (SC) election.

The Supreme Chancellor (SC) is responsible for presiding over the Galactic Senate game, ensuring that it runs smoothly and making sure the games remains fun. The Supreme Chancellor will serve as the chair for all discussion and business conducted within the Senate. The Supreme Chancellor (SC) is strongly encouraged to post several times a day to keep the game active and running and to respond to private messages fr

2. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Wow, nice set up. I would like to join. :)

Despised1, Senator of Nal Hutta in the Y'Toub system.

Despised EDIT: I changed my mind, I was going to sign up as Senator of Coruscant, but I like the Hutt world.

EDIT #2: I just realized that this post was post #666 for me. :eek:

3. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    Kakarot, Senator of Naboo

Great, we're back on the road! Good to see you Senator Despised

4. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Good to see you as well honorable Senator Kakarot. Welcome back to e-life.:)

Strilo, do you want us to keep a running list of current senators, or just post our own selections? I would think that just adding them to a master list would be easier so nobody has to scroll through the whole thread to see what planets are already taken, that is just my opinion though.

Senators

Despised1, Senator of Nal Hutta
    DarthKakarot, Senator of Naboo

5. Saora_Bin

Saora_Bin Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    1. Despised1, Senator of Nal Hutta
    2. DarthKakarot, Senator of Naboo
    3. Saora Bin, Senator of Kashyyyk

Wookiees! In case you're wondering, yes, I'll be a Wookiee, but all my IC posts shall be in these: <> to show translation.

The Supreme Chancellor is responsible for presiding over the Galactic Senate game, ensuring that it runs smoothly and making sure the game remains fun. The Supreme Chancellor will serve as the chair for all discussion and business conducted within the Senate. The Supreme Chancellor is strongly encouraged to post several times a day to keep the game active and running and to respond to private messages from other senators.

Sounds oddly like a mod... [face_thinking]

6. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    1. Despised1, Nal Hutta
    2. Kakarot, Naboo
    3. Saora Bin, Senator of Kashyyk
    4. Bacon, Korriban

It's been a long time in the waiting. :)

7. ObiJuanQuito

ObiJuanQuito Jedi Youngling star 5

May 20, 2005
    I'd like to be a senator

ObiJuanQuito- Senator of Coruscant
    If your wandering, I'm a former jedi. One of the Lost 20...
    Count Dooku and I were buds

i'm not sure if Coruscant could have an elected senator..
    If not, then I'd like to be a senator from Corellia

8. Master_Burhead

Master_Burhead Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    1. Despised1, Nal Hutta
    2. Kakarot, Naboo
    4. Bacon, Korriban
    5. Burhead, Senator of Nemiodia

Great to see the game restarting can't wait for it to start

9. ObiJuanQuito

May 20, 2005
    A couple Questions:

1) Can we form Political factions? Can I and and few other senators with the same views form a voting/political bloc

2) Will there be scheduled time for Senate sessions?
    Like, will the senate be in session from 5pm to 11:00pm?

10. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    FROM THE DESK OF THE ACTING CHANCELLOR

Good morning Senators;

I'll be the acting Vice Chancellor for the first few days of game play while we, the players, elect our first Supreme Chancellor for the month of September.

To start, I would invite you to look through the constitution Strilo posted.

The current Supreme Chancellor and Vice Chancellor can be identified by their signature line, which will have *SWC Galactic Senate Supreme Chancellor* or *SWC Galactic Senate Vice Chancellor*.

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS
    Election For September - Day One Nominations 8.31

Each Senator may publically post his/her/its endorsement for one other senator for the position of Supreme Chancellor for the month of September. No senator may nominate him/her/itself or for the acting Vice Chancellor.

Senators with two nominations by midnight 8.31 will become official candidates for the September election. Their campaign for election will begin on Campaign Day (9.1).

Who will begin by endorsing the first senator for the position of Supreme Chancellor for the month of September?

11. DarthKakarot

Mar 9, 2005
    Ah, Vice Chancellor, what a surprise :)

Out of all Senators who are participating in this new Senate, I feel Despised1 should be elected for Supreme Chancellor.

12. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    1. Despised1, Nal Hutta
    2. Kakarot, Naboo
    4. Bacon, Korriban
    5. Burhead, Senator of Nemiodia
    6. Kenobi, Senator of Mon Calamari

I nominate Senator Despised1 of Nal Hutta

13. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    Senator Roster
    1. Despised1, Nal Hutta
    2. DarthKakarot, Naboo
    3. Saora_Bin, Kashyyk
    4. Bacon164, Korriban
    5. Master_Burhead, Nemiodia
    6. BenKenobi151, Mon Calamari
    7. LemmingLord, Ord Mantel
    8. ObiJuanQuito, Corellia

For consistant bookkeeping purposes, let's use this format (as above): #. <full user name>, <name of planet>

14. ObiJuanQuito

May 20, 2005
    I would like to nominate BenKenobi151, Mon Calamari

15. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    I'm sure each SC will have a different opinion of political factions. If an existing faction should become unfun or drag things down, a Supreme Chancellor should find ways to disband it (Maybe causing a scenario in which there is a split in the party...). :)

16. ObiJuanQuito

May 20, 2005
    great, my plans for creating an Empire with an Imperial senate begins.. I mean, thank you very much... ;)

17. darth_bood

darth_bood Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    Senator Roster
    1. Despised1, Nal Hutta
    2. DarthKakarot, Naboo
    3. Saora_Bin, Kashyyk
    4. Bacon164, Korriban
    9. darth_bood, Iridonia

18. ObiJuanQuito

May 20, 2005
    My voting bloc will be known as the Imperial Party.

Thanks Lemming.. ;)

19. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    One of the things this party should be known for is "buttering up" the presiding chancellor... You know, Imperial brand butter? Har har...

Isn't that funny? (expecting Imperial Party pundits to laugh at his pitiful jokes to curry political favor).

UPDATE FROM THE ACTING VICE CHANCELLOR:

With two nominations, despised1 will be an official candidate for tomorrow's election campaign.

BenKenobi151 has one of the two required nominations to be a candidate for tomorrow's election campaign.

20. DarthKakarot

Mar 9, 2005
  21. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Sorry I'm late.

1. Despised1, Nal Hutta
    2. DarthKakarot, Naboo
    3. Saora_Bin, Kashyyk
    4. Bacon164, Korriban
    9. darth_bood, Iridonia
    10. Warrior_of_Mandalore, Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

22. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    1. Despised1, Nal Hutta
    2. DarthKakarot, Naboo
    3. Saora_Bin, Kashyyk
    4. Bacon164, Korriban
    9. darth_bood, Iridonia
    11.JEDY, Utapau

23. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    I've adjusted the roster; ObiJuanQuito pointed out that his first choice was Coruscant. Carellia is now available.

1. Despised1, Nal Hutta
    2. DarthKakarot, Naboo
    3. Saora_Bin, Kashyyk
    4. Bacon164, Korriban
    8. ObiJuanQuito, Coruscant
    9. darth_bood, Iridonia
    11. JEDY, Utapau

24. ObiJuanQuito

May 20, 2005
    My first act was to submit a Vote of no confidence in Lemmings leadership.... But now I'll make that my 5th motion

hee hee.. Thanks for the change...

Wow, me senator of Corsucant.. Its the Bently of Planets...

Wow, cant wait to start using Eniment Domain to remove the poor and alien species from the planet...

;)

25. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    It is good to have you back in the senate. Welcome WOM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.