main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Galactic Senate Game

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Strilo , Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    [face_laugh]

2. kotorkid007

kotorkid007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    I apologize for not being able to vote on this most important issue for I did not join in time to cast my vote.

3. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    Galactic Republic Senate Roster

1. Saora_Bin, Kashyyyk
    2. Bacon164, Korriban
    3. Master_Burhead, Nemiodia
    4. BenKenobi151, Mon Calamari
    5. LemmingLord, Ord Mantel
    6. ObiJuanQuito, Coruscant
    7. NeitiPadme, Naboo
    8. Warrior_of_Mandalore, Mandalore
    9. JEDY, Utapau
    10. Vyoor-Eedal, Endor - Speaker of the House
    11. DarthIntegral, Hoth - Vice Chancellor
    12. Spaceman_Spiff, Corellia
    13. Swordofthejedi, Denon
    14. emporergerner, Mustafar
    15. Darth_Vaderous, Rederan
    16. Darth_Patton00, Kamino
    17. ROTS_Obi1, Mygeeto
    18. Agent_SkywalKer, Taris
    19. sword_of_raditz, Geonosis
    20. Master_Ti, Shili
    21. sith-22, Glee Anselm
    22. Clone_Commander169, Tatooine
    23. Rilwen_Shadowflame, Roon
    24. Three-Eight, Yavin 4
    25. Jiimas_Paarsa, Iktotch
    26. cloneCommando1138, Dubrillion
    27. Evan_The_Great, Ruan
    28. Master_Underhill, Malastare
    29. Kalio_Dynkos, Kariek - Supreme Chancellor
    30. MasterJedi343,Telos
    31. JediCouncilMaster, Vjun
    32. NightHunter319, Jabiim
    33. BootlegVader , The Wheel
    34. Jedi_Knight_Fraz, Crematoria
    35. YoungAngus, Bespin
    36. MIDKNIGHT03, Ithor
    37. ticopuma, Mirial
    38. JedimasterMoon, Tammuz-An
    39. Dark_Jawa_Knight, Rhen Var
    40. dontlookatmethatway, Dathomir
    41. Stark[/link

4. DarthFine

DarthFine Jedi Master star 1

Nov 14, 2005
    welcome back, and welcome to the new senators

5. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    Ver glad to be back. I needed a break form polotics. And I was far too lazy to read all that posting. I will not be serveing the senat to full capacity for a day or 2 till I am a 100%.

6. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    Glad you are back. You should take a vacation to my lovely planet and soak up the relaxing rays. That should help you recover quickly.

7. DarthFine

Nov 14, 2005
    Supreme Chancellor, or Vice Chancellor, or Anybody????

What is the order of business?

8. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    Do you think it is my fault everyone is missing? I am wondering if they all went to check out my planet. I will check with my contacts to see if they are there.

9. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    From the Desk of the Supreme Chancellor

Minutes of 12.18.05 - 12.20.05

Discussion on Motion 12.17.05b--"Galactic Republic Power and Responsibility Clarification Act"

Voting takes place and ends in favor of the motion

On Going Business

Thranta Thugs Situation

Discussion on the Republic's Soveriegnty and Powers

New Business

Copy of holocommunication from the RIA Office

Proposal for Constitution Revision and Discussion Committee to carry through the month long hiatus of the Galactic Republic Senate

Proposal for Constitution Revision and Discussion Committee to carry through the month long hiatus of the Galactic Republic Senate

Senators, we come to a close our current Senate sessions. Over the next two weeks the hopeful resolution of our Republic-wide problems will be seen. Of course, with the commonly held holiday season, I expect the posting to be less active as it was of late. So, I will be bringing things along a might bit faster than I wanted.

With this month falling back to its end, the Supreme Chancellor would like to further an idea that he posted during his time as Vice Chancellor in the last term. The Constitution has been a fine guide for us these past few months. Through our passage through time under it, we've come to understand that some things need clarifying and that some things need overall revisions. I've talked with the Senator from Ord Mantel, LemmingLord, briefly of this committee. He was the initial drafter of the Constituion and I would like to see him care for the revisions and clarification for somehting that he put a lot of work into.

Would the Senator of Ord Mantel agree to head up the committee? Would Senators like to volunteer for the committee? Of course, as our proceedings take a month long hiatus, per the Constitution, at the end of this month, this committee will be working to revise the constitution and have it prepared for the next installment in Febuary. This committee, under the leader of the committee, will work independantly for the month. On the institution of the next installment, the committee leader will present the proposition for the new constitution, fit with changes, per the Constitution. After approval by the Senate in a majority, two-thirds vote, this will be presented to Strilo for immediate approval so as to affect the Senate's first month back.

As we embark upon the rest of this month's game, let me as Supreme Chancellor, state how happy I have been with these proceedings. These has been some fine discussion and deliberation over the past month. In the past two months as well, we've seen unprecedented growth in our Senate numbers. Bravo! Perhaps over the next week and into the next session, we will see not only more growth, but more quality playing.

Copy of holocommunication from the RIA Office

The blue holoprojector blinked to life, presenting a large presentation. First showing was the circular symbol of the Republic Intelligence Agency followed by the face ofthe known face of Tookna Bahari, the RIA Agent. He looked slightly dishevled as he nodded to the Senate body as a whole.

"Greetings, Sentors. I've got some good news and some bad news. Good news is that we've been able to use the power you've given to us to break-up parts of the Thranta Thugs from the inside, most with a peaceful solution. Many of the planets that were plagued by growing thug movement are counting less and less active cells. To tell you the truth, some of the thugs are even helping us out with information and subversion. Here in, though, lies the bad news."

The large face sighed as it looked at a point off-camera.

"This relative quiet has us worried. Though the RIA has done a lot work, the majority of the planets with the gang cells have jointed quieted down. The attacks on government officials have ceased to occur, as have appearance of thier rallies and crime. It's eerie, Senators. We have confirmed by a number of contacts th

10. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
    OOC:These posts take a long time to put together you know! An hour at least when one actually does it right. I'd welcome some relaxation, though this really, really has been a lot of fun so far. [face_batting]

11. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005

I believe I would, Supreme Chancellor, with the senate's blessing of course, accept the comission. Could I have your help in determining our deadlines?

If we want to have the next session revisions compiled and voted on before the end of this one, we will have to work fast and will need to deal with the fewer postings that come with the holiday season.

If we want to have the next session revisions compiled during our January hiatous, we would have more time, but our first order of business in February would need to be to vote on the revision.

Supreme Chancellor, may I ask for your preference and for the preferences of the senate?

1) Revise and vote for the adoption of the revised constitution before December 31st.
    2) Revise the constitution in January; vote for its adoption when the next session begins (probably February).
    3) Other?

12. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
    2) Revise the constitution in January; vote for its adoption when the next session begins (probably February).

Very good! The chair does hereby appoint Senator LemmingLord of the planet Ord Mantel to work on the Constitutional Committee. You may choose to work with as many Senators as you see fit and work out your revisions as you see fit. I would encourage Senators to PM Senator LemmingLord with issues that they have had with the Constitution.

I do think that, if suitable with Senator LemmingLord, that the deadline be set for the next opening of the Galactic Republic Senate sessions. Strilo has said it will likely be reappearing at time. Do you think six weeks is enough time for you and your committee to work things?

Something that will also need to be addressed is the next session elections. Will it be the current administration continueing into the next month for the first four days?

Congratulations for the Senator and best wishes to both him and his fellow committee members. May the work move swiftly and enjoyably.

13. DarthFine

Nov 14, 2005
    Bravo, Senator. I'm sure all senators look forward to your proposals.

14. kotorkid007

Aug 4, 2005
    1. Saora_Bin, Kashyyyk
    2. Bacon164, Korriban
    3. Master_Burhead, Nemiodia
    4. BenKenobi151, Mon Calamari
    5. LemmingLord, Ord Mantel
    6. ObiJuanQuito, Coruscant
    7. NeitiPadme, Naboo
    8. Warrior_of_Mandalore, Mandalore
    9. JEDY, Utapau
    10. Vyoor-Eedal, Endor - Speaker of the House
    11. DarthIntegral, Hoth - Vice Chancellor
    12. Spaceman_Spiff, Corellia
    13. Swordofthejedi, Denon
    14. emporergerner, Mustafar
    15. Darth_Vaderous, Rederan
    16. Darth_Patton00, Kamino
    17. ROTS_Obi1, Mygeeto
    18. Agent_SkywalKer, Taris
    19. sword_of_raditz, Geonosis
    20. Master_Ti, Shili
    21. sith-22, Glee Anselm
    22. Clone_Commander169, Tatooine
    23. Rilwen_Shadowflame, Roon
    24. Three-Eight, Yavin 4
    25. Jiimas_Paarsa, Iktotch
    26. cloneCommando1138, Dubrillion
    27. Evan_The_Great, Ruan
    28. Master_Underhill, Malastare
    29. Kalio_Dynkos, Kariek - Supreme Chancellor
    30. MasterJedi343,Telos
    31. JediCouncilMaster, Vjun
    32. NightHunter319, Jabiim
    33. BootlegVader , The Wheel
    34. Jedi_Knight_Fraz, Crematoria
    35. YoungAngus, Bespin
    36. MIDKNIGHT03, Ithor
    37. ticopuma, Mirial
    38. JedimasterMoon, Tammuz-An
    39. Dark_Jawa_Knight, Rhen Var
    40. dontlookatmethatway, Dathomir
    41. Stark, Commenor
    42. Heels1785, Saleucami
    43. mlbfan, Axxila
    44. MeganPhntmGrl, Quincentra
    45. Darth_Morhs, Nar Shaada
    46. Sidious1, Skiaraa
    47. Anakin_Skywalker20, Dantooine
    48. Padawanemily, Bakura
    49. Blu-Bladed-Jedi, Haruun Kal
    50. darth_nemisis, Falleen
    51. Pat5451, Chandrila
    52. DarthFine, Dagobah
    53. Master_Aayla, Antar
    54. prj1, Nkllon
    55. Darth Kakarot, Felucia
    56. Shiphunk2, Ruusa
    57. Arch_Clone_Trooper, Kurita
    58. MasterYogurt, Melida/Daan
    59. MasterP, Cato Neimoidia
    60. JediKnight20043, Alderaan
    61. Malcolm-Darth-Am-I, Kessel
    62. Lord_Primus, Onderon
    63. REVANLORD, Nal Hutta
    64. benknobi1, Gala
    65. PrincessChattyCathy, Playtex
    66. kotorkid007, Aargau
    67. Slanir_Tesneech, Axum
    68. rabe_rocks, Ryloth
    I have changed the planet Ossus to Aargau, i apologize if this was any inconvenience to anyone.
    Regarding the issue with the revision of the constitution, The Banking clan will be glad to assist with the constitutions revision.

15. PrincessChattyCathy

Dec 11, 2005
    The honorable senator from Ord Mandel can count on me for ideas and any assistance needed in drafting the revisions.

OOC Thank you Kalio for your efforts they have been fun to read and to be involved.

16. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    Yes, six weeks should be plenty.

I call for an amendment to the current constitution to address the issue of an interim government to handle the democratic ratification or rejection of the new constitution.

Rule 9. The session 1 senate and Supreme Chancellor authorizes the Constitution Revision Committee to prepare a new constitution for session 2. The senate list at the end of session 1 will be the starting senate list for session 2. New senators can add themselves as described in this constitution. Session 2 will begin when Strilo or another moderator indicates it does.

A special interim government will preside over the first four three days of the new session for the new constitution ratification or rejection by the senate. The special interim government will be led by Kalio Dynkos, or in his absence, Warrior of Mandalore, or in his absence, someone of Strilo's (or another moderator in his absence) choosing.

The new constitution presented by the constitution revision committee will already be reviewed and authorized by Strilo (or another moderator if he is unavailable).

Questions will be answered by the constitution revision committee on the first day; in the AM of the second day the presiding officer will lead the senate in a vote to ratify the new constitution. Voting ends at Noon, forum time, on day three. If the vote is 2/3rds or more in favor, the constitution is ratified; otherwise, the constitution from session 1 will continue to be the working constitution.

The new constitution will have provisions for the first election of the new session; if the new constitution is rejected (i.e. not ratified); the vice chancellor at the end of session 1 (Darth_Integral) will preside over the election and the session 1 supreme chancellor (Kalio_Dynkos) will have tie breaking authority all as outlined in the election process. If Darth Integral is not available, LemmingLord will act as Vice Chancellor for that election process; if Kalio_Dynkos is not available, Warrior_Of_Mandalore will act as Supreme Chancellor for the election process.

LemmingLord will contact all senators from the end of session 1 in a week in advance of the official session 2 start date.

17. kotorkid007

Aug 4, 2005
    Agreed

Darth_Morhs, Nar Shaada-suggestion, arrest and capture as many thugs as possible on ur planet, Narr Shaada in hope to collect any knowledge partaining to the situation with the thranta thugs. this is just a friendly suggestion.

18. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
    Is that a second Senator Kotorkid? If so, I'll approve voting immediatly on this meta motion and contact our Speaker.

19. kotorkid007

Aug 4, 2005
    Yes, Chancellor Kalio_Dynkos

20. Kalio_Dynkos

May 17, 2004
    Very good, Senators. Allow me to contact our Speaker of the House about this meta-motion. As soon as he replies and starts sending th PMs to all Senators I will begin the voting process. I'd hate for anybody to be lost in this voting period.

21. sidious1

sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 5, 2002
    I concur with my fellow Senator on this!

22. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Very nicely done, LemmingLord. =D=

I'm sure this will allow for a smooth transition into next session.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

23. Vyoor-Eedal

Vyoor-Eedal Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    Frankly, however, I do not believe that this necessitates a constitutional amendment. Especially since this motion is very, very specific, even mentioning names.

24. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    I agree on this point.

25. kotorkid007

Aug 4, 2005
    When will it be time to cast our votes chancellor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.