main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Galactic Senate Game

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Strilo , Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    Well I'm back :). I fogot about the vote. I would have voted no.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    META NEWS--from the desk of the Vice Chancellor

Darth-Stryphe has responded to my PM about the meta motion. He says they will "holding off" on the meta motion for now, allowing this session to expire, and then at year's end discussing the next session. Any business pertaining to the next session of this game should be delayed until such a time as Strilo or Darth-Stryphe speak of such a need.

3. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    This humble senator accepts the decision and the authority of the moderator. As someone who has made more than his fair share of motions, may I ask that someone else suggest a motion to deal with these thugs? Now that we know they are being coordinated by the corrupt former government, what more can we do? We could offer the leadership and the thugs a degree of amnesty if they will cease and disist.. Other ideas?

4. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Im am sorry that I missed this vote. I have not been able to get on the intrnet much.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    The session ends Dec 31, correct? At this point Stryphe and I are thinking a two week break. Then I will start a discussion thread where we can all discuss any changes to a new Constitution. There is no need for governing of this process, Stryphe and I will take care of managing the discussion. I just don't want the whole process of setting up the next version of the game to be so rigid and formal. I think it needs to allow everyone to chat and discuss things freely.

6. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    Eirate_rules, Senator of Nelvaan

7. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Well our newfound authority of being able to send undercover spies into the cells has worked well. If we could set up plea deals for the caught criminals to give up information about the 'higher up' memebers of the cells we would be able to catch them, cut off the head of the terrorist group, and everything should fall apart without the leadership of the former Republic Senators.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Senators Angus and Lemming make great points. Let's make it happen.

9. kotorkid007

kotorkid007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    The system Nar Shaada is home to many thugs and crime lords and maybe a good place to gather info. on Chancellor Baruk and the Thranta thugs.;)

10. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    The Republic should enforce some law in that system. The Hutts must be overthrown.

11. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    I have never written a motion before, I am not shure if I did it right but here goes,

Motion 12-24-05

Whereas the Authority given to the Republic from Motion 12-11-Cathy has resulted in the capture of several terrorist.

Whereas the cells are still run by former Republic Senators.

Motion 12-24-05 will give the Galactic General Attorney the ability to shorten sentences of those caught terrorists in exchange for information on the whereabouts of the Leaders of the Cells.

If the said criminals in custody cooperate their sentences will be shortened to a minimum of 15 years in a maximum security Galactic Prison Facility, but life sentences and capital punishment will not be handed out.

Upon release of the incarcerated felons, they will be on probation and kept under the watchful eye of the RIA indefinitely.

Motion 12-24-05 will assure the capture of the leaders of the cells and result in the crumble of the terror organization.

12. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    I trust our attourney general to make appropriate deals; let's not tie his/her hands by requiring a minimum of 15 years!

13. kotorkid007

Aug 4, 2005
    [face_thinking] hummmm...I don't know...maybe, but I would rather the Republic seek out criminals and interrogate them.

14. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Excuse me, honorable senator?

15. kotorkid007

Aug 4, 2005
    me?, by posting that all I ment was that we should gather info. from criminals in Nar Shaada, and Nar Shaada has a history for its many criminals and crime lords it houses. Besides we all have the right to our own opinions.

16. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Good point Lemming, and I don't know why I called him 'General Attorney.' [face_thinking]

Motion 12-24-05

Whereas the Authority given to the Republic from Motion 12-11-Cathy has resulted in the capture of several terrorist.

Whereas the cells are still run by former Republic Senators.

Motion 12-24-05 will give the Galactic General Attorney the ability to shorten sentences of those caught terrorists in exchange for information on the whereabouts of the Leaders of the Cells.

If the said criminals in custody cooperate their sentences will be shortened and carried out in a maximum security Galactic Prison Facility, but life sentences and capital punishment will not be handed out.

Upon release of the incarcerated felons, they will be on probation and kept under the watchful eye of the RIA indefinitely.

Motion 12-24-05 will assure the capture of the leaders of the cells and result in the crumble of the terror organization.

17. LemmingLord

Apr 28, 2005
    I second Motion 12-24-05; made by the honorable senator from Bespin.

18. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    I third this motion.

19. kotorkid007

Aug 4, 2005
    I beleive that we should really only use this motion as a last resort, there is no need to release prisoners early if there are other means of getting info. It is better to put more criminals in prison and interogate them than to release more prisoners into the galaxy. In the long run by doing this you are putting more criminls in the galaxy and having the info. you need when you could take more criminals out of the galaxy and still have the info. you want. And not all criminals may have info., only ones that have just come into prison for they have been in contact the longest.

20. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    You can't just "terrorize and interrogate" the prisoners. They have rights you know. You cannot do that. Surley they can be on parole or something. Still, it all depends on the jury and the laws of the Republic, but you cannot I say, cannot, force the prisoners. What will you say to their families if something dire happens to them?

21. kotorkid007

Aug 4, 2005
    First we would get criminals and crime lords from maybe Nar Shaddaa or Ord Mantell, then we would interrogate them useing non lethal methods, the criminals would then have a trial and if convicted sent to prison, No Bails! I would raither do that than release more criminals into the galaxy.

22. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    No bails? How could you? What will their family say? I disagree with Senator Kotorkid. Not acceptable, whatsoever.

23. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    No one is forcing any prisoner. In this Bill the prosecuter says, "Listen. If you tell us what we want to hear, and give up some names and locations, we shorten your sentence." If the Prisoner doesnt want to help they can serve out the full sentence. And upon thier release they will have a Parole officer who works with the RIA, they will be required to check in with them often, get jobs ETC. to keep them out of trouble.

24. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    This sounds oddly familiar, it's as if it happens all the time in other galaxies!

But, I support this type of criminal justice. Of course I support the Death Sentance as well so whatever.

25. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2005
    I believe that hardened criminals like the Hutts who make their living from crime and dishing out pain and suffering and should indeed get life without parole. I mean why should we let this kind of scum free to roam the galaxy leaving a trail of terror in their wake.

How about, instead of filling the prisons, and I know it is a drastic measure, but for the worst of the worst I suggest capital punishment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.