main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Galactic Senate Game

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Strilo , Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I agree, that was my point and it was said very well by the VC. If we catch the criminals they arnt going to speak for nothing, plus the lawyers appointed to them will not allow it without a lesser sentence. What other option is there? Torture? I dont think so.

2. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    From the Desk of the Supreme Chancellor

Senators and my friends, I am sorry to inform you that there will not be a further scenerio as I had planned. As we are now coming upon the end of our term and sessions, I wish to comment on the amount of enjoyment that I have had this month and hope you have had as well. Suffice to say, the work of you Senators did halt the near problems we could have had. Our last intelligence reports warned of an attack on Coruscant from these Thugs and their ex-government officials, but your work, Senators, solved the issue before we found ourselves in crisis. Good show, my fellow servants of the peoples.

If a motion would like to be presented, it should be soon so the Constitution needed 24-hour voting period. That does not give you much time, Senators. If I do not get the opportunity before this is locked, let me say how pleased I am with this Senate system.

3. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    You have to look closely now. There are many ways to deal with these people. Torture is not the right way in dealing with them. We can at least treat them like people instead of animals and give them rights. But we have to keep watchful eye on them and to secure them in the right spots.

4. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2005
    I would try and make ammendments. But I believe and stringent laws and the death sentence for the worst criminals. And it is likely that my fellow Senators don't support those views.

5. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    I personally believe that a terrible criminal should be allowed to choose from the death sentence and life in prison if the death sentence is the ruling. I think that it is cruel and unusual to sentence some aliens to life in prison. (Some non-humans such as Master Yoda live up to 850 years or more.) That is just my opinion on the matter.

The Hooded Soul

6. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Has my motion to better the planet Nar Shardaa even been considered?

7. kotorkid007

kotorkid007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    I've thought about it but we would have to include other systems as well. It is something that the republic can assist with but it is really the disison of whom ever is in charge or governing that system. We can influence the systems government but that is really it unless it gets totally out of hand which is not the case with Nar Shaddaa.

8. SBD-518

SBD-518 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2005
    What if we kept convicted criminals that have had their prison time shortened because of the recent motion, away from planets which have a well-known high crime rate? Perhaps if we stopped people with a certain criminal record from entering these high-crime planets by law, it may deter such future crimes, and hopefully settle the mind of senators who feel the recent motion is unsafe.

9. MIDKNIGHT03

MIDKNIGHT03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2005
    Personally, I agree with your feelings. I feel that strict but fair laws are necessary to keep such criminals in at least some form of control. I also agree with the death sentence for proven murder. I don't agree with a life sentence for a being who took the life of another being. I, personally, do not wish to pay for such a being to continue to live in a prison in which I already pay for.

10. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    With all the appeals a being on death row files the cost of executing a prisoner cost more than a life sentence. Plus an eye for an eye leaves the whole galaxy blind.

11. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    I agree. Had I been here to vote on the motion, I would have voted yes.

12. Slanir_Tezneech

Slanir_Tezneech Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I am sorry for my absence fellow Senators, i am now back to vote

13. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    My Fellow Senators,
    I would like to extend my heartfelt thank you to all of you for the passing of my motion.
    Thank you for an enjoyable Senate term with much exciting and interesting debate.
    I will be returning to the planet Playtex during the hiatus for some much needed rest and further rehabilitation to overcome this strange virus known as the Flu which I have managed to contract while in session.
    Any senators wishing to visit and check out our affordable and enjoyable timeshares are welcome to a complimentary vacation.
    Enjoy the break and have a Happy New Year. :)

14. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Hope you feel better, Cathy. :( Fellow Senators, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful group. I will be staying, unlike I had planned. (unannounced) Good job to Kalio, and Happy New Year. (dunno why we celebrate it, but what the heck)

15. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    Senators, I have been here in this Senate for the entire duration of it's session. I've seen all the ups and downs, I would like to thank every single one of you hard working Senators for making this game all it could be. I'm truly proud to have served with all of you, and I hope to see you come the next session of this Senate.

- Your Friend and fellow Senator, Darth Vaderous.

16. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Senators, I have enjoyed this session even though I wasnt present from the begining. The three SC's I served under did a wonderful job and I look forward to our next session. Have a happy new year.

-YoungAngus, Honorable Senator Of Bespin

17. kotorkid007

kotorkid007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    My fellow senators, on behalf of Aargau, the Banking Clan would personally like to thank you for letting us be a part in the senate and help in discussing and voting on important issues. Thank you all for your hospitality. See you all next session.

18. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Personally I would like to thank each and every one of you for the way you have conducted yourself in this game. I am very proud of how this turned out and I think it shows that if done right and if people care, a game can be successful. This game went from a drama ridden problem thread to perhaps the most interesting and meaningful game in the SWC forum. This would not have been possible without the hard work of many of you. For that I am thankful and I look forward to the 14th of January when the discussion thread for the next Senate session will be posted.

For now, Happy New Year! Enjoy the break and we'll see you all back here in 14 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.