main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Galactic Senate Game

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Star Wars: The SWC Galactic Senate Game

It is a dark time for democracy, but there is light upon the horizon. The Empire has been born and overthrown the Jedi, driving the majority of the survivors into the Outer Rim. However, hope has sprung once more.

The remaining Separatists have mass-produced assassin droids, killing many Imperial officers and members of Palpatine?s court. His Imperial Majesty has lost considerable political power without his own pawns, and power has moved back into the hands of the Senate.

Now Senators have the ability to control the Empire from the Senate, but must narrowly balance themselves between the assassins of the Separatists, the Emperor?s lethal assassin, Darth Vader, and their own personal corruption ? how long can a person work within such a terrible environment before they become a monster?

The Jedi children of Darth Vader are still too young to oppose the Emperor, and the worlds that will form the Rebel Alliance are too weak to unite against the Empire, even in its weakened state.

Either the Empire is saved, or the galaxy will split into countless civil wars that nobody will be able to stop. Trillions will die, and galactic civilisation will cease to exist. The Empire is the last hope of the galaxy until a replacement can be formed, and there is none available.

Welcome to the SWC Galactic Senate Game. Post two will contain the Constitution of the Senate. Post three will contain the modifications for the Imperial Senate. If you have questions about the game, please read through the constitution, or contact the forum moderators: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1205820]DarthIntegral[/link] and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1255910]s65horsey[/link], or myself as the idea's man. This first post will be a placeholder to keep the roster of the game. It will be edited in the future to show the updated roster (probably monthly) along with the current Chancellor, Vice Chancellor and Speaker of the House.

This game will be slightly different to the other ones, so, please, [b]read all three of the first posts[/b], if at all possible. The largest difference will be the inclusion of a system to punish you, so you need be careful or you?ll be taken out by Lord Vader or droid assassins!

So let's get to playing and have some fun! Take advantage of the first 10 days of the thread to make your political positions known and do some in-game (and within the rules) socializing so we can have a better idea of how the game will unfold.

[b][u]Official Roster[/u][/b]

[b]Chancellor[/b]: Katana_Geldar of Alderaan
    [b]Vice Chancellor[/b]: General_BlackLegion of Tatooine
    [b]Speaker[/b]: The_Loyal_Imperial of Eriadu

[ol]

[li] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/PrivateMessages/SendMessage.aspx?usr=1151550]Sinrebirth[/link], representing Bastion, Senator [/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1199567]Chukles38[/link], representing Corellia, Senator[/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1316639]Mister_Master[/link], representing Iridonia, Senator.[/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1173552]StarWarsFreak444[/link] Representing Naboo, Senator [/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1205820]DarthIntegral[/link], representing Toydaria, Senator.[/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=797495]Katana_Geldar[/link], representing Alderaan, [b]Chancellor[/b] [/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1322958]The_Loyal_Imperial[/link], representing Eriadu, [b]Speaker[/b] [/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/PrivateMessages/SendMessage.aspx?usr=1280704]Darth_Brutus666[/link], representing Kuat, Senator [/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/PrivateMessages/SendMessage.aspx?usr=1340198]Littledawg[/link], representing Sullust, Senator[/li]
    [li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/PrivateMessages/SendMessage.aspx?usr=1334259]JediGunship[/link], representing Ryloth, Senator[

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Constitution of the SWC Galactic Senate Game

Rule 1: Eligibility to participate.

This game is open to all members of the Jedi Council Forums. Players may join and leave at any time. To join the game, a player needs only add themselves to the official game roster, and indicate on that roster which planet they wish to represent. A player may leave the game by removing themselves from the roster. A player may be removed from the game for violating the ToS or the forum rules at the discretion of the forum moderators, s65horsey and DarthIntegral. A player may also be removed from the game by the Vice Chancellor (see rule 2, Officers below) after the player has been inactive for a period of 14 consecutive days without giving prior notice of an absence.

Rule 2: Officers

There shall be three official officers of this game. The Supreme Chancellor, the Vice Chancellor, and the Speaker of the House.

The job of the Supreme Chancellor is to manage the game. The SC will introduce scenarios that fit into the timeline, report how bills that passed/failed/were deliberated/etc affect the galaxy as a whole, recognize or deny motions, and attempt to keep the game fun for all members. The Supreme Chancellor will receive red-only VIPship and title for the month(s) they are elected.

The job of the Vice Chancellor is to care for the records of the game. The VC will be the official record keeper of the Roster, and should post it in thread at least once every three days. The VC will also be charged with recording the results of all motions and votes in the game. The VC is also charged with running the election of Supreme Chancellor in the following month, unless a conflict of interest is present (see Rule 3: Elections, below) In the event of an absence of the Supreme Chancellor, the VC will act as Supreme Chancellor. This will occur if the Supreme Chancellor announces he will be away for a set period of time, or if the Supreme Chancellor is inactive for a period of at least five days without notice. In the latter case, the VC is also obligated to PM the forum mods and notify them of the absence of the Supreme Chancellor.

The job of the Speaker of the House is to facilitate communication. The SoH will be responsible for PMing all senators one week, and two days prior to the election of a new Supreme Chancellor, as well as PMing all senators for topics of great interest, as requested and designated by the Supreme Chancellor.

No member may hold any single office for more than two consecutive months, and may not hold any office for more than three consecutive months.

No other official offices exist in this game, although the Supreme Chancellor may create unofficial offices (head of xyz committee, head of xyz political party, etc) to facilitate the scenarios being discussed.

Rule 3: Elections

Elections of the offices of this game shall be done during a four-day process, beginning on the first of each month.

The first day of elections is ?nomination day?, and will occur on the first of the month starting at 12:01 a.m. board time. On this day, any member of the game may nominate any other member of the game for the office of Supreme Chancellor. Each member of the game may only nominate one other person.

The second day of elections is ?acceptance, platform, and questions day?, and will occur on the second day of the month starting at 12:01 a.m. board time. On this day, any member who received at least two nominations for the office of Supreme Chancellor shall do one of two things: post their declination of nomination, or post their acceptance of nomination (thus becoming a candidate) and a platform of what to expect from them if elected Supreme Chancellor. Also on this day, all members of the thread may post up to three questions for the candidates (questions may be specific to a candidate or generic to all candidates). Candidates should refrain from answering questions this day. During the day, the Vice Chancellor should post the candidate

3. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The New Rules

The objective of this game is slightly different. While yes you are still a Senator, who must represent their homeworlds to the best of their ability, you are also an Imperial Senator, and thus forced to toe the Emperor?s line ? if you stray out of line, you shall be killed by Lord Vader. However, if you are too Imperial, droid assassins will kill you. Equally, when sacrificing your soul to save the Empire and your homeworlds, you will be making decisions which corrupt you ? become too corrupt, and you will die.

The Three Aspects

His Imperial Majesty?s Approval:
    Your Homeworlds Support:
    Your Corruption:

Every player will have 100 points to attach to any of these pieces to start. If you reach 100 points in any of these three aspects, you will be killed and removed from the game. The aim is to survive until the Senate saves the galaxy!

Dolling Out Points

The results of your votes upon your aspects will be decided by the Chancellor, after a vote. This is to prevent individuals trying to balance out things artificially ? you must act as you would as an Imperial Senator.

Have Fun!

This is a new style of game for the SWC, so if we enjoy it we may delve into other themed games such as a Republic Senate. Please sign up and play along!

4. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Official Roster
    1. Sinrebirth, representing Bastion, Chancellor

To join, just copy the list and add your name and the planet you will be representing, and remember to include your aspects in your posts!

Aspects

His Imperial Majesty?s Approval: 40
    Your Homeworlds Support: 30
    Your Corruption: 30

5. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    Official Roster
    2. Chukles38, representing Corellia, Senator

Aspects

His Imperial Majesty?s Approval: 40
    Your Homeworld's Support: 40
    Your Corruption: 20[/quote]

6. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Official Roster
    3. Mister_Master, representing Iridonia, Senator.

Aspects

His Imperial Majesty?s Approval: 33
    Your Homeworld's Support: 45
    Your Corruption: 22

7. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    Official Roster
    4. StarWarsFreak444 Representing Naboo, Senator

Aspects

Her Imperial Majesty?s Approval: 33
    Your Corruption: 20

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Official Roster

5. DarthIntegral, representing Toydaria, Senator.

Aspects

His Imperial Majesty?s Approval: 45
    Your Corruption: 10

9. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Official Roster

6. Katana_Geldar, representing Alderaan, Senator

Aspects

His Imperial Majesty?s Approval: 20
    Your Homeworld's Support: 50

10. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  11. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    Official Roster

7. The_Loyal_Imperial, representing Atrisia, Senator
    8. Darth_Brutus666, representing Kuat, Senator

Aspects

His Imperial Majesty?s Approval: 70
    Your Homeworlds Support: 10
    Your Corruption: 20

12. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008
    Official Roster

9 Littledawg, representing Sullust, Senator

Aspects

His Imperial Majesty?s Approval: 30
    Your Homeworlds Support: 40

13. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008

Aspects:

His Imperial Majesty's Approval: 40
    Your Homeworld's Support: 50
    Your Corruption: 10

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    An excellent start! You're welcome to start discussing things until I close the roster and we properly start with my opening address, but I'm pleased to see that people are interested in this. I feel particularly corrupt, in comparison to most of the rest of you. Luckily I don't vote, yet anyway. ;)

15. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    I want to join but have a question first. I'm confused I don't quite understand the aspects??

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    More or less, after a vote on a law is over, the Chancellor/GM will inform players how their aspects have changed by voting yay, nay, or abstain.

If you reach 100 points in any aspect, your character is killed by Darth Vader as the Emperor disapproves, or by droid assassins as your homeworld disapproves of you, or goes insane from their personal corruption.

For example, player A has 80/70/30 as my approval by the Emperor, approval by my homeworld, and my personal corruption.

There is a vote about whether or not to burn Alderaan to the ground.

A vote's yes/yay because he's afraid of the Emperor killing him, and A is informed of the results:

HIM Approval: -20 points for making the Emperor pleased
    Homeworld's Approval: +30 points for your worlds disapproval
    Corruption: +30 points for sacrificing a piece of your soul and killing billions

This changes player A's aspects to 60/100/30.

A has made the Emperor happier with themselves, but A's homeworld is so furious that the Separatists dispatch hundreds of assassin droids to kill A. They succeed, and A is out of the game.

Different point variations would be handed out for answering 'no/nay' or 'abstain'.

Better?

17. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Official Roster

10. JediGunship, representing Ryloth, Senator[/quote]
    11. s65horsey, representing tba, Senator

Aspects:

His Imperial Majesty's Approval: 40
    Your Homeworld's Support: 30

18. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    Official Roster

10. JediGunship, representing Ryloth, Senator[/quote]
    11. s65horsey, representing tba, Senator
    12. Glymphid_Warlord, representing Ploo II, Senator

Aspects:

His Imperial Majesty's Approval: 30
    Your Homeworld's Support: 20
    Your Corruption: 50

19. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    So, out of curiosity, how do the death's work? Are we out for the remainder of the game, until a new round..... just curious.

20. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Whoops, forgot to ask this in my last post. Can I represent Nal Hutta or do I have to pick one that is part of the Empire?

21. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    ok Yeah I get it. So DO I PM you Sinre, as to which Planet i want to rep? And then you decide points for the aspects? Sorry I did read the first 3 posts, but there was so much to remember.

22. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I was wondering about the planet tba

23. Glymphid_Warlord

Oct 10, 2008
    I hope that's not the case, as I already posted mine with my own choice of planet and aspect points! [face_worried]

24. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    tba = to be announced
    I asked a question in my next post. If Sinre says 'yes' it'll change to Nal Hutta, if he says no, then I'll pick another one.

25. Glymphid_Warlord

Oct 10, 2008
    I'm confused: was I supposed to ask Sinrebirth to approve my planet and aspects, or was it OK for me to just post my stuff in the roster, as I did? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.