main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Galactic Senate

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by classified, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Didnt seem right? This is your exact words Kaky:

"DDS, your annoying me. Your no longer part of the senate."

2. cloneCommando1138

cloneCommando1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2005
    great quote right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it shows exactly what he has been doing. good find!!

3. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    I was annoyed, and let him back in shortly after.

The only word I can think of here, is hunger. Your hunger to obtain what little power I have.

4. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    Clone just Owned you.

5. Darth_DSpice

Darth_DSpice Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    It always has to do with me. Why can't I just stay outta this

*Answers own question*

Because its so much fun!!!

6. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    You shouldn't have that power.

Noone wants your power! They want noone to have it because it is not needed, nor wanted! You've used it for stupid reasons, and it's time to stop!

7. cloneCommando1138

Apr 16, 2005
    that i did. you dont have the power to just KICK someone out, even if you let them back in later. your reign of power is OVER!

8. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Of course Kaky. I mean removing the VC because he annoys you is soooo little power.

9. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    They even said they can over rule a majority vote if they want to. [face_plain]

10. Darth_DSpice

Darth_DSpice Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    How about this? Lock this thread and we make a fresh start. Brand new list and everything?

11. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Not until the three are out of power and we have a new constitution. We need to finish up matters before starting over.

Apparently not! [face_laugh]

12. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    You can only do that if you run it by classified

13. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    OK where to start? The overall problem here in the Senate, as I see it, is that the rules were ultimately not established well enough. This led to a situation where, when Zedd-Vega left, others were able to just come in and take up the thread. Now why no one said anything at the time is beyond me. However, once the "big three" were in charge of the thread, they handled it poorly, in my opinion. I read many pages of both threads and saw a lot of creating rules on the fly, something which NEVER ends up well. I also saw a lot of petty behaviour, power hungry attitudes and acting without thinking. I saw people kicked out because they didn't play by the rules when the "big three" were making up rules as they went along. In order for a thread like this to work, detailed rules must be agreed on and posted in the first post of the thread. This is critical. By the nature of this particular game being senate oriented, I would say any new rules be voted on and approved by a 2/3rds majority and put into effect at the start of the next game.

The course of action I see here is that this thread needs to stay locked. A new Senate game thread can be started one rules are set up and agreed upon. The only way this can happen in a fair manner is if people from all "sides" are allowed to have input on the rules. Therefore I would strongly suggest something like we did for the Jedi Draft game. I will create a focus group forum with a thread for discussion on the future of the Senate game. I will then select people from the Senate thread to participate in the creation of the rules. All of these rules will be subject to approval by Stryphe and myself. Once finalized, these rules will be put into effect at the start of the new Senate thread.

A few decisions I would like to just make flat out... The Senate game thread will go for a duration of four months. During those four months there will be four chancellors, one per month. At the end of the four month period, the thread will be locked, discussion can happen on any possible adjustment of the rules and a new version of the game can open. Like the draft there will be a two week break after the conclusion of the previous thread before a new one starts. Experience has shown Stryphe and myself that a break helps keep people from getting too wrapped up in the game. Everyone needs a rest from time to time.

So I will setup the focus group forum shortly and PM all the users who will be participating. If you are quite sure you would like to be a part of these talks, which will be supervised by the SWC mods, then PM me and I will consider it.

I hope this solution works for everyone and results in a better organized game that can be both fun and interesting. I see a lot of potential for learning cool things here and would hate to see it wasted.

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Well I am concerned because the focus group is not being very active in discussing the future of the Senate. Those of you who are members of the focus group need to either speak up in discussions or opt out so I can replace you with someone else who is interested in discussing the Senate. I would hate to see this game fall completely by the wayside.

15. dark_jedi32

dark_jedi32 Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    since when was this thread unlocked?

16. Seperatist_Leader

Seperatist_Leader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
  17. Jiimas_Paarsa

Jiimas_Paarsa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2005
    Hey Strilo I'll be a part of the discussion group.

18. Sekotian_Jedi

Sekotian_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2005
  19. cloneCommando1138

Apr 16, 2005
    amazing! at long last...

20. Evan_The_Great

Evan_The_Great Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    i shall join the focus group too Strilo and thank you for doing all of this

Thread Status: