main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC SWC Jedi Draft/Starfighter Draft plans! This Is Happening!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by heels1785 , Feb 12, 2014.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm good with that. If someone has a great argument for mixing light and dark, I say let them.

I'm also curious the other mechanic/wrinkle you want to suggest, add I've got one as well.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Depa Billaba, Foul Moudama, Nahdar Vebb, Roron Corobb, Saesee Tiin, Tsui Choi, Voolvif Monn and Zett Jukassa aren't in the pick 2 for the light side, but all of the other PT Jedi are, except for a few really good ones.

I'm loving the pick 2 lists. That dark side one could make some great teams.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Ah yes - sorry, Inty. Meant to add that in.

My other wrinkle is the team battle suggestion that someone (perhaps you) brought up at one point. Only the winners face the winners. Those who were defeated in individual battles are ineligible for team battles - so you have a 5 vs. 5 (or 4 vs. 4 in the instance of two draws), instead of 10-on-10, and it really puts added value into the juggernaut matchups.

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i'd say make it just a straight pick 2 list, that if you want to do something silly you can. just my personal opinion. and i like the only winners make it through things as well.

5. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Good heavens, man! You've left Kyp Durron off the list! I know I ragged on him a bit, but he doesn't deserve that.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha. Thanks for the catch, mate.

7. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I know they're pretty new, but maybe we should put Kanan Jarrus and The Inquisitor on the list.

Evil.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That's a good point to bring up.

Do we want to phase the "new EU" in or leave this last "old EU" draft as is, until we gain a greater understanding of the new characters' power range? I can do either - let me know what you all want.

9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    what do we really know about them at this point?

10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Nothing. The only feat they have is fighting each other. But it could be a good risk for someone to take if they chose them, as they their feats could get really impressive as the show goes on. I know there's a rule about not using any feats that characters have after the draft starts, but you could make an exception for those two.

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    since we have no idea about relative power levels... i'd lean towards no right now.

12. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I think those two are late rounders at best anyway. Wasn't Kanan just a Padawan? The Inquisitor might be better since he was a "Jedi Hunter," but I agree we need to see more.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Cool cool. DarthIntegral - when you have a minute, let me know what that other wrinkle you wanted to introduce was.

Goal is to start the draft on Friday morning.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Ah yes. So, I've been thinking about locations and the idea of home field advantage. My thought was:

Each GM can draft a "home field" location with a single character (or pair) with the following guidelines:

Location must be selected when character(s) is drafted.
    Max one character with an attached location per GM/team (I.e. you cannot trade for a second character with an attached location).
    Commish must approve all locations, and any add/drop involving locations.
    No location can be drafted twice.
    Each round still has an announced location. This location is used in the following situations: neither character has an attached location, both characters have an attached location, all team battles. A trump is allowed home field advantage.

Benefit to this? Certain characters could become MUCH more variable, and could be drafted much earlier. It changes some arguments, and gives the veteran GM a new strategy to play with.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  15. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I think we already have more than enough variables to deal with.

16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i disagree. it's become rather stale overall at this point hasn't it? i mean... if we could come up with something like that for the starfighter draft, that'd be really, really nice. i'd be very for having the "home field" advantage thing.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I actually think that fits Jedi much better than Starfighter. Bounce it around a bit - that's three major changes with our format, which is exciting, but I see where TLI is coming from as well.

Very interesting, Inty. Cool idea.

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, i'm not saying that kind of thing would really work in the SFD, just that it needs SOMETHING to spice it up again.

personally i'm of the opinion that none of those changes is really huge enough to really make it very confusing or anything. they're all pretty clear to me.

19. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I think the SFD just needs a new crop of pilots spice things up, like incorporating pilots from different universes.

As for the location idea, I love it. This could drastically benefit characters who thrive in different environments. Like putting Kit Fisto underwater, or putting Plo Koon in an atmosphere he doesn't need the breathing devices in.

Evil.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    or kar vastor in the haruun kal jungle?

Evil Incarnate likes this.
  21. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Exactly.

But what happens when two environments clash?

Evil.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The default chosen environment is used.

Putting the word out for some judges - I am happy to fill one of the 3 spots as commish, just wanted to see if I could find 2 people who would enjoy it - if you have not judged one of these before and want to, shoot me a PM first plz and thank you.

Darth-Horax - if you're around, and want to be a part of the last Jedi Draft before the New EU Apocalypse, I think that would be neat. Likewise for Wang Chi.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So, I do understand the concern that it would simply be to many changes for a single draft. But, as pointed out, Plo Koon would not completely freaking suck.

I also think it's a change better suited to comic books, but has plenty of use here, too.

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i suppose i could always judge again.

25. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I think that a Jedi and a Sith could take advantage of any Force rich environment, like a Force nexus for example. The only real advantage we're talking about would be in the physical environment. Say, a person having already fought there? I'm not a fan of the home field idea It doesn't add that much. If it makes a low rounder a more powerful pick than a mid rounder that's obviously better, than I think we're screwing with this too much.