main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Jedi Trials v2.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Horax, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    I'm sure it's more than that.

I'm just trying to reinforce a little something that we all should be doing.

Thanks for sticking through this thing! If you have the time, could you PM me a synopsis of what's going on?

***ANNOUNCEMENT***: In the last few months, I have been collecting more Horaxian Poetry and writing like crazy. Some friends have seen my work and encouraged me to seek publication. Long story short, I now have a literary agent based out of NYC who is trying currently to sell my work to one of several publishing houses. Hopefully I can be published by the end of the year! It's all poetry based for children, so nothing to Poe-like. Wish me luck!

2. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Well done Master Horax, I wish you the best.

I will PM both sides of the story.

3. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    You know, this isn't any of by buisness, and I'm well aware of that. I know that I'm prolly gonna get yelled at for not minding my own buisness and some of you are gonna go and throw some sarcastic and mean comments at me but whatever. But believe it or not, I'm always looking in here. And when I left things were already beginning to go bad. Now its just chaos.

All of you should really be ashamed of yourselves. I mean, this isn't even a jedi temple any more. All I see in here is hatred, and rude comments everywhere. Really, this is a perfect example of how some of you are unfitting to be on the council. The CM that have been active have done nothing but to help and try to improve this order. And I have to say I am disgusted from what I have seen. All of you that aren't on the council aren't there for a reason. Because you haven't done enough, or have no shown respect to the council.

A lot of you have been complain about having to suck up to the council. Now, there's a diffrence between sucking up and showing respect. And obviously some of you don't see it. You get mad at for having to call the CM's "master" and having to show respect. Well guess what? They're the council and they're there because they have or attempted to help this order. So instead of whinning do something to help.

But I have to say what I am most disgusted at is how some of you have treated Ship. All of you who hate on him are jealous. Jealous that he has only been here for a few months and already a council member. Do you know why hes a CM? Because he's worked his ass off to try and get this order organized. Hell, the man even stayed here when he was in military training. He works his ass of for this order and all you guys can do is hate on him, for wanting a little respect.

And to those of you who believe they should be on the council what have you done so be so worthy of being on it. Trained a padawan, maybe two? So everyone has done that. You believe that just because you've been here longer you deserve to be on the council. That's not the case. You earn your place on the council. You dont sit there do nothing and a year later expext to be put on it!

Now I do agree that JK should have been on the council a while back, but thats it. The rest of you who so truly belive that you should be on it if your not on it, thats because you havent done anything to earn you place on it. And stop hating on knights that show RESPECT to the council.

Ok I'm done rambling :p

4. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001

I'd like to let everybody in here know a little secret.

When I first came to the idea of this thread many years back, I knew the thread would need leadership. I brought together the closest of my friends (that I could trust) to be on the initial council. We worked together to get this thread where it was. Now, most of them have moved on to other parts of our lives (just like everybody does, eventually), and it seems as if this place is falling apart.

I will go back and read up on what has gone on lately and speak with STrilo on the matter. We have been in constant communication since I left, and we will figure this thing out.

Regardless, you have to understand that there are only so many council seats to be had. Respect must be given to the position, not the person. All Padawans need to respect their Masters. All Masters must repect the Council. Do you need to agree? No, but you have to respect.

Respect is a mutual thing. It is only gained when it is given.

5. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    Alright, I'm tired of this.

Everyone, back off, this is getting old.

6. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    Respect is a mutual thing. It is only gained when it is given.

Ironic, You, Horax are awesome when you are here. But when you're gone, the rest of the order see's no respect what-so-ever.

The collective Council do not show us respect, yet they expect it from us. Why is that?

And I'm not having a go at you, I'm just wondering.

Also, good luck with the poetry.

7. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    I ahve sent some ideas to STrilo about the issues at hand.

I must say that while this is quite sad to see, I do believe that some changes may need to be realized in order to propel this community to where it should be.

I call on all involved in this thread to take into consideration the well being of this thread and it's participants before taking into account your own pride and doubts. Only in this way will a happy medium be reached that will benefit the community as a whole. Remember, a community is only as good as it's members, of which you are all a part of. The decisions that benefit the community are there to benefit yourselves.

8. DarthKakarot

Mar 9, 2005
    Strilo edit: Side scroll is bad.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

That was fun.

9. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Master Horax, you still marvel me by how you can come into a situation like this and install peace and harmony within the order.

Truly you are our leader.

*Bows*

10. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Thanks, JK. Maybe you can be my consigliari? :)

11. Pat5451

Pat5451 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2005
    Not to sound dumb, but what is that?

12. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    In the mafia, it's the second hand to the Don.

13. Pat5451

Pat5451 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2005
    Okay, gotchya. Thank you. Sadly, I don't even know how to say that word.

14. Darth Vrook

Darth Vrook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    The problem that I see is that Jedi is a fictional religion where the members are selfless. The conflict is that we are only human, and humans always have the nature of "how can I climb to the top, how can I be better than everyone else?" I admit, I think that way too in some issues. It is through human nature that is causing the conflict. I am saying I believe that both sides are at fault here, and each need to come to terms. That is what the Focus Group is for. Everyone needs to feel satisfied if the Trials is to maintain a peaceful situation.

I am no Council Member, and I am not trying to disrespect anyone (tell me if I am, and I will do my best to change it.) but I thought I would leave my minor opinion on this matter.

Also, great to see you again Master Horax. Last I saw you here was when your daughter was born, how are you and your family doing? :)

15. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Doing quite well, thank you! In case you didn't read above, my book is hopefully going to be published by end of the year. My daughter is walking now, and my son is almost 3! :)

Things are going well, and we're planning a trip to Disneyland for next month. We usually go to Disney World every year, but I felt that after a 15 year hiatus, we should try the other coast.

16. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004

WTH is that? Sorry strilo i mean WTH is that.

Strilo edit: If you know it's wrong, why didn't you hit backspace?

17. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    horax said it is the 2nd hand to the don in the mafia

bburditt posted:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Utmost Respected Master bburditt up in here!

hell yea burd welcome back!! :p

18. Shiphunk2

Shiphunk2 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    yea! Welcome back Master burd!

19. Darth Vrook

Jun 23, 2005
    Ah, congrats on your book. One of my fathers co-workers just went to Disney World for their vacation this week. I hope they are doing alright with the hurricane down there I believe. [face_plain]

20. sweet_jedi

sweet_jedi Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2006
    I was not going to get involved, however I feel like this place is loaded with chilish jibber and needed to speak my peace..
    I?m new here, I don?t post often, I?m a little shy as of yet, still trying to feel everything out. I must say I?ve been befriended by a few people, the rest well? I?ve not seen you until lately. If I was discouraged from posting before I?m more so now then ever. Master Ship has always been kind to me and has helped me along in what little work I?ve done. He is to the point and as a council member has a certain responsibility and along with that had earned respect from what I saw when I first came onto the temple. I see a few people making harsh comments and now others are joining in venting all their issues and taking them out on one person, who from what I see is trying to keep things peaceful and in the manners it?s meant to be.

I think a forum is a good idea where members can share their frustrations and bring in new ideas. I don?t think the temple is a place to bring all this negative energy too and I don?t? see that Master Ship is the root issues here.

When I first joined, people were posting and having a good time, now it?s all clouded.

Some of us are adults, some young adults, however everyone is here for the same reasons, let?s not keep forgetting that. Have fun, enjoy yourselves and try to find it positive in each other.

I do play a mafia boss game, I'm on the council after 5 months of playing, I know how difficult it is, however we are depended on to make difficult decisions and make sure the family rules are carried out (we currently have 300 members in our family)... same Hierarchy here. We have an council board and we have boards for all the members to post all sorts of things... from complaints to jokes. Then there are the boards that are strickly business...

Please, for your own sake, keep it fun.

21. DarthKakarot

Mar 9, 2005
    Please, for your own sake, keep it fun.

There is no fun to keep.

22. Darth Vrook

Jun 23, 2005
    I am not taking a side on the matter, though I have not seen you here sweet_jedi. I am ForceGhost-ObiWan. Most people call me FG for short, I hope you accept my belated welcome.

23. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Kak, you know I love you like a brother, but come on...why the negativity?

We are here for fun, and I understand the frustrations that some people have experienced. However, if you're not having fun, nobody's forcing you to play in here. [Uncle Rico]You know what, Napoleon? You can leave![/Uncle Rico] :)

I've read the thread, and I must say that I am disappointed with some, not all, of the thigns you have said or done. I agree with a few, but am greatly grieved with others.

Please do not detract from the game for others. You cannot afford it considering your Lost 20 status.

Congrats on your engagement! :)

24. Darth Vrook

Jun 23, 2005
    Could someone explain to me the whole "Lost 20" here or through PM. I have heard about it lately, but I have not bothered to ask until now. I would appreciate any help. :)

25. sweet_jedi

sweet_jedi Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2006
    Nice t meet you FG, as I said, I've been doing observing, You'll see more from me...

My thoughts are my own, I'm not asking anyone to agree with them. Though I do see someone likes to stir the pot a little. That is easly ingored. Sry if I sound rude, we are all Entitled to them, however I see no need to slam anyone in the process. I am a peaceful person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.