main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Productions Present: The Official SW Community ROTS Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Stryphe, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    <center><font size='4' color='green'>Welcome to the SWC Spoiler Thread.</font></center>

So what is the SWC spoiler thread and what is it for? We've been receiving a number of request from people who enjoying hanging out in the SWC movie discussion/social threads to have a place where they can discuss spoilers without having to go to 3SA. After some discussion, we decided to accomendate them. The purpose of this thread is just to have a local place where you guys and gals can post reactions and make comments on the latest spoilers. This thread is for everyone, so come and join the fun.

There are a few simple rules, of course:

1. Fine print still applies: All TOS rules are in full enforcement, of course.

2. Traveling through Hyperspace ain't like dusty crops, boy! Though Hyperspace related spoilers can be discussed, no links to material from Hyperspace can be posted, as per JC rules. Also, no images can be linked to that are not approved for general release by LFL.

3. This ain't your momma's sanctuary, baby! This is not the Basher Sanctuary, nor is it the AP Love story thread. People from both POV are welcome to come here and discuss their reactions to spoilers. If you like the spoilers, say so, if you don't, say so. If you cannot handle differing opinion without getting mad or starting a fight, then I am going to ask you not to post in this thread.

4. Posting is a priviledge, not a right. Added to the above, the moderation of this thread reserves the right to expel anyone from this thread for any reason we see fit. Basically, this thread isn't going to get locked, so if we see people who are driving this thread in a bad direction, they are getting shown the door and asked not to post in this thread anymore.

5. Play nice! Debates are allowed, but if you people can't treat each other with respect, then we are likely to enforce rule #4.

6. Discuss the films not the fans. This doesn't apply only to discussing a user or group of users by name, but also generalizations. We're not here to share our opinion and make comments about other fans, but rather about the movies themselves.

Also, it may please you to know who the dedicate mods of this thread are. Darth-Stryphe (myself) is primarly responsible for this thread. In case I am not available, contact Adam Bertocci for all your modding needs. Although he is a forum mod, please do not contact Strilo in regards to this thread. He wishes to avoid all things containing spoilers.

So with that, let the spoilers begin!

2. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    3SA is really that bad?

3. Jaina-Solo-1

Jaina-Solo-1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2005
    This is cool!

Okay, I have a spoiler....
    Anakin Skywalker will become Darth Vader!
    You guys didn't already know that, right? :p

4. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    What's the use? Couldn't we just go to SW III: SA for this?

5. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    What's the use? Couldn't we just go to SW III: SA for this?

Oh, that will come, too.

6. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    Very cool, I like the idea of this thread.

And yes, the 3SA is indeed THAT bad; if it wasn't, this thread would not exist.

7. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Do the spoilers have to be blacked out... or should I just stay out of this thread altogether.

8. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    Ok, FIRST OFF, [face_devil] ... in regards to a brief snippet from Ternian about Qui-Gon and the twins.

The idea of Qui-Gon manipulating midichlorians to create the twins or having any involvement beyond either 1) protecting them or 2) talking about them is pointless, overly complicated and detracts from Luke and Leia's very existence.

In fact, such a spoiler makes Luke no more than a Clone - a laboratory experiment, and QGJ and the Force no greater than said Kaminoans and Palpatine himself. When in fact, the twins should be the product of Anakin and Padme's love - a product of FAMILY. You know, that theme which saves Vader in RETURN OF THE JEDI.

In fact, it is perhaps the worst spoiler or plot point I've ever heard.

Whew. I feel better already.

9. Qui-Gon-Jinn2

Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 10, 2002
    Frankly, the biggest spoiler that I am concerned about is the Mace/Palpatine fight. From the sound of it from MF, Mace actually dominates the fight, not because Palpatine is trying to get Anakin to help him.

In my opinion, I think Sidious should beat Yoda and Mace cleanly, with no confusion on who is better.

10. BlueTrooper

BlueTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2004
    Thanks Stryphe for this thread.

One problem I have with Episode 3 is General Grevious. Instead of expanding on Count Dooku or showing more of Vader, we have a new throw-away villian who's sole purpose in the movie is to get Obi-wan off Coruscant so that Anakin can begin his downfall. Character development of already existing characters is a major flaw of the prequels. Darth Maul and Count Dooku were both underdeveloped and it looks the same for General Action Figure.

Not only is Grevious a pointless character, but he also uses 4 lightsabres in his battle with Obi-wan. What happend to the idea of only jedi/sith carrying lightsabres as was evident in the OT? We've also had some pretty bad names in Star Wars, but General Grevious? Lame. Why does a droid need a cape? Why does a droid army that is controlled by a control ship need a general? Why don't the jedi just rip him apart with the force, he's a droid!?!

Okay, I needed to get that off my chest.

11. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    The spoilers for ROTS are the most repellant I've ever seen. A year ago I was rather upbeat about ROTS. I thought it would definitely be better than TPM and AOTC, and maybe even approach being as good as ROTJ (my least favorite of the OT).

Unfortunately, the spoilers have torpedoed my optimism. I'm now afraid of ROTS being the worst of the prequels.

Seriously, can anyone point to a cool spoiler? Yes, there's supposed to be a really cool spaceship battle. Yes, we'll see the Kenobi-Anakin duel. But is there anything else, even one single thing, that we can look forward to?

Perhaps the worst spoiler of them all is the elevation of the throw-away character of Qui-Gon (who was a late addition to the screenplay--seat of the pants movie making at its finest) into the Grand Guru of the Jedi. Please. If idiot Qui-Gon hadn't poked his nose where it didn't belong and bring Anakin along with him, then Darth Vader never would have existed. Mace would have killed Palpatine. No more Sith. It sure was a heck of a long way around to enslave the galaxy to the Empire for 20 years in order to kill one guy. [face_plain]

12. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Why does a droid need a cape? Why does a droid army that is controlled by a control ship need a general? Why don't the jedi just rip him apart with the force, he's a droid!?!

Why does he need droid bodyguards? o_O

13. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Speak of the devil: There's a new spoiler over on mf.com.

Good grief. Like we need more scenes in the prequels of people standing around and talking. And how wretched a conversation it sounds! "Oh, hi, Padme. I'm off with Palps to go to the opera. It will be so divine!" A "Coruscant Opera House"? [rolls_eyes] It's good to know that yet another culture-specific thing has been wedged into the SW galaxy, right alongside Dex's 1950s diner. [face_plain]

"Padme's...not sure who the bad guys are."

It took her this long to figure this out? Wait! Maybe she read the scroll, and it tipped her off. [face_laugh]

WAR!

ROTFLMAO!

14. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    This is just another basher's thread and everyone knows it. Who do you think you're kidding with this Darth-Stryphe? It's clearly redundant.

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hmmmm, must counter some of the 'bashing' with some PT [face_love] ;)

OK, Some of the 'spoilers' make me go *errrrr OK....* And I hope that they are mearly misinformation - Qui-Gon's 'science project' comes to mind *cough*ISmellpoo-doo*cough* but I dare not venture such an opionon in the shark infested waters of the 3SA...

The gush....

Ani-Padme Lurrrrrrrrve

16. Hudnall

Feb 23, 2004
    I'm not so concerned about them elevating Qui-Gon as I am that he "has a hand in the twins"... is it creating twins? Or a duplicate? Was it one and QGJ just waved his hand and made two? WTH?

Grievous is dumb - but how long will we see the punk onscreen. He's a frikking action figure. A disposable villain. No big deal. I can live with him and his absurd existence in the same way I deal with Lando suddenly becoming a general. I don't see how he deserves to get his name in the opening crawl when even ANAKIN SKYWALKER doesn't get his name in any crawl.

Speaking of crawls, WAR! It stinks.

17. BlueTrooper

Feb 15, 2004
    Episode 3 has by far the worst opening crawl of all 6 movies. That first paragraph is not even written in English.

18. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    The idea of Qui-Gon manipulating midichlorians to create the twins or having any involvement beyond either 1) protecting them or 2) talking about them is pointless, overly complicated and detracts from Luke and Leia's very existence.

Yeah, that smells pretty rancid. I don't want to even begin to work out the implications. That's a scary place to go. [face_worried]

19. Hudnall

Feb 23, 2004

Let me stick my basher head out for chopping and offer a couple of things that might be good:

1) John Williams. Man, maybe, I'm a sap but that report today was incredible.

2) Acting coach. Holy smokes, Batman, we may be onto something here. Thank you, Coppola. This may be a surprise turnaround for ROTS.

3) Natalie Portman and the character of Amidala. Serious. Yes. Serious. Given the emotional turmoil of the film, Natalie might actually feel motivated to perform. And personally, if she does well, I think I'm going to sympathize with Amidala. In fact, that's pretty much the only emotion I can hope for - because the Jedi are morons and Ben and Anakin have never been friends. But, I think we're going to see her do really well in this movie - and dang it, I'm going to feel sorry for the poor girl.

20. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Sweet. This is cool.

darth_nemisis

21. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Sep 1, 2001
    Hudnall: I agree with #1 as long as GL doesn't rip the score to shreads again. The only thing that could make #2 null and void is an awful script. But I can't agree with you on #3. Amidala should have gotten my sympathy starting with TPM, but she didn't.

22. Hudnall

Feb 23, 2004
    #1 goes void when Burtt gets his hand on it (see AOTC)

#2 well, even a bad script can be improved with actors who deliver it well (Harrison Ford). I mean, the dialogue in ANH wasn't genius - you just believed the characters were who they were. Call it a prayer.

#3 I hear you. The way I think about it, what has Padme done? Outside of being not the brightest chick and falling for this guy who goes AWOL, she really hasn't ever been cruel towards anyone, insensitive or mind-blowingly moronic.

Just as a human, I think I'm going to feel compelled to feel sorry for the mess that her life will become or any mother for that matter. Just thinking about some woman never seeing her own babies hits me in my sucker spot. So IF she makes it believable, which she can, then I'm going to feel sorry for her.

23. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    If Mace has Sidious on the ground begging for mercy and Anakin intervenes, I'm going to start bashing the character of Qui-Gon Jinn for ever finding that little Chosen One

24. BlueTrooper

Feb 15, 2004
    One wonders how Shaft can beat down Sidious, yet Yoda-the-Hedgehog is running away for his life.

25. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Maybe Sidious has reinforcements come to help him during the Yoda fight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.