main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Productions Present: The Official SW Community ROTS Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Stryphe, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juan_Tufte

Juan_Tufte Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2002

TPM had "Duel of the Fates," AOTC had "Across the Stars." Where was the signature piece of music for this movie?

Didn't you hear battle of the Heroes??

None of the music stood out particularly. Except "Padme's Ruminations," where she and Anakin are looking out into the sunset. I think it had something to do with the fact there was no dialogue and no distracting sound effects.

I, er, downloaded "Battle of the Heroes" and can't say I like it much.

2. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Um, why did whomever prepared Padme's body for her funeral make her look as though she were pregnant? Nobody knew she was pregnant except Anakin (who is now dead, as far as Kenobi, Yoda, and Bail know) and Kenobi. So...

What's the point?

3. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004

Does anyone know why Luke retained the last name of "Skywalker" while in hiding on Tatooine? Isn't that a bad idea?

Because Ben is privately hoping that Luke will be able to do what he was unable to do, and Luke having a desire to emulate his father is important to that strategy. But that is a different theory entirely. :D

Just to maintain the high I'm riding, I still think REVENGE is in the top 3-4 STAR WARS films, even better than ROTJ -- and I'm very happy with it -

4. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    What scene was the falcon cameo in??

Yup. After they've crashlanded the ship, we have a wideshot of a transport ship flying to land just before the Senate. At the bottom of the screen, the Falcon can be seen landing as well.

5. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Um, why did whomever prepared Padme's body for her funeral make her look as though she were pregnant? Nobody knew she was pregnant except Anakin (who is now dead, as far as Kenobi, Yoda, and Bail know) and Kenobi. So...

What's the point?

Well for one thing, women don't instantly return to normal shape/size immediately after giving birth.

6. Binary_Sunset

Oct 28, 2000
    That's true.

7. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I thought there were way too many lightsaber fights in ROTS. There were as many lightsaber fights in this one as there were in all the other movies combined. By the time we got to the final duel, I was already pretty much desensitized to the lightsaber fights. I was also disappointed in how calm and detached Anakin and Obi-Wan were in the duel. This is the falling out of two brothers/best friends. It should have been more emotionally charged and passionate than it was. There was no talking, yelling or screaming by the combatants. It was very dissapointing in that respect.

I liked ROTS overall. It was definitely the best of the PT. Anakin's turn was unconvincing and the plot points were poorly developed. A lot of this comes down to how bad the first two were and Lucas cramming way too much in one movie because of all the irrelevant crap in the other two. I still found the movie entertaining and overall enjoyable. I did, however, find it to be quite underwhelming and not all that exciting that I found the other movies (but that could have been because this was the first time I was completely spoiled going in).

8. Binary_Sunset

Oct 28, 2000
    I thought there were way too many lightsaber fights in ROTS.

Yep. There were five lightsabre fights in ROTS. That's four too many. The only one that should have been in there was the Kenobi-Anakin duel.

9. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    AWESOME MOMENTS:

-opening shot
    -Emperor's return to Coruscant in the rain
    -Tantive IV!
    -Falcon cameo!
    -The conversation between ObiWan and Anakin about who the hero is (because it made me smile, in a good way this time!)
    -ObiWan leaving Anakin on Mustafar, picking up the lightsabre as he goes
    -Anakin's expression when the Vader mask is being lowered
    -Yoda force pushing Imperial guards.
    -"So uncivilised"
    -That big-titted and barely dressed alien on the steps to the opera
    -Jedi getting wiped out (if only for the music)

OK, where was the falcon in this film??? I have seen it ample times and didnt see it, what scene is it in?

10. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Where was George Lucas's cameo? I heard he shows up with his daughter (I think I saw her in blue makeup)

11. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Arch_Clone_Trooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    HEY I HAVE A QUESTION

Y wouldnt anikin kill himself after learning he had killed Padme... i would of done that

12. DarthKakarot

Mar 9, 2005
    I think he was in the scene were Palps returns from the GG's burnt ship, ya know, were he is greeted by Windu

13. Arch_Clone_Trooper

Arch_Clone_Trooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    yeah Gl is in there with his daughter

ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!

14. JohnWilliams00

Jan 29, 2002
    "Y wouldnt anikin kill himself after learning he had killed Padme... i would of done that"

That would've been understandable if he wanted to. Someone also suggested that he should've been furious with Sidious, who "lied" and couldn't save Padme in time.

15. Binary_Sunset

Oct 28, 2000
    George is standing by the left side of the door to the opera house.

16. DarthKakarot

Mar 9, 2005
    I just remembered something....

Darth Maul had the high ground over Kenobi on Naboo, so why did Obi still win???

17. I_AM_IRON_MAN

I_AM_IRON_MAN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    This is very minor, but why were there clouds on Tatooine? I don't recall any being there in the OT. Clouds would show moisture was present, which I thought was in short supply there.

Also, I thought the movie was really horrible. Too many talking droids. Also, if you took out the child killing I could buy Anakin's turn, but things happen too quickly for it to be believable to me.

In a side note, I saw it in a theatre in Illinois that has like the 2nd best sound system in the country, and they had the volume turned up all of the way. That made it really distracting, because some of those sound effects were just out of control.

And finally, I really wanted a scene where the Emperor laid out his plan for the last 12 years and how much of a genius he is, and I didn't get it.

18. JohnWilliams00

Jan 29, 2002
    If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember some clouds on Tatooine when C3PO has abandoned R2D@ and we see some white puffy streak of cloud in the blue sky.

Also, in the binary sunset, there are clouds passing over the face of the suns.

I agree with your reactions to ROTS though. Definitely the weakest one for me. It has more effects and set pieces than any other, but is also the emptiest imo.

19. PT_Fan

PT_Fan Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    "Yep. There were five lightsabre fights in ROTS. That's four too many. The only one that should have been in there was the Kenobi-Anakin duel."- BINARY SUNSET

WOW I NEVER THOUGHT THAT KIND OF CRACK POT REMARK WOULD COME FROM A STAR WARS FAN. I GUESS WHEN BASHERS HAVE TO BASH THEY TRY AND FIND ANYTHING IN THERE SAD, PATHETIC AND DESPERATE ATTEMPTS AT ATTENTION.

90% OF THE GENERAL POP GO TO STAR WARS MOVIES FOR LIGHTSABER FIGHTS. HOW THE HELL COULD YOU ONLY HAVE ONE LIGHTSABER FIGHT. WHY WOULD YODA GO INTO HIDING WITHOUT AT LEAST GIVING IT A SHOT. WAS DOOKU SUPPOSED TO DIE OFFSCREEN ETC...

I agree with your reactions to ROTS though. Definitely the weakest one for me. It has more effects and set pieces than any other, but is also the emptiest imo.- JOHN WILLIAMS

i FEEL SORRRY FOR YOU THAN. HOW ANYONE CAN CALL THIS EMOTIONALLY EMPTY IS BEYOND ME. WHETHER ITS THE BREAKDOWN OF RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ANAKIN AND OBI OR THE JEDI SLAUGHTER THIS IS THE MOST EMOTIONALLY POWERFUL FILM OF ALL 6.

20. PT_Fan

PT_Fan Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    "Darth Maul had the high ground over Kenobi on Naboo, so why did Obi still win

Like all Sith he was overconfident and Kenobi surprised him.

21. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Someone had too much caffine today...

This is the falling out of two brothers/best friends. It should have been more emotionally charged and passionate than it was. There was no talking, yelling or screaming by the combatants. It was very dissapointing in that respect.

I agree. I think the dialogue between Anakin and Obi-Wan that occurred just before the duel should have been happening during the duel. And then add even more. It would have helped a great deal with the current underwhelming climax (actually, I didn't feel like the duel was the climax, as it happens - it should have been, though).

22. PT_Fan

PT_Fan Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I agree. I think the dialogue between Anakin and Obi-Wan that occurred just before the duel should have been happening during the duel. And then add even more. It would have helped a great deal with the current underwhelming climax (actually, I didn't feel like the duel was the climax, as it happens - it should have been, though).

So basically as their fighting and trying to survive being engulfed by flames they should chat it up like schoolgirls

23. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003

So - does anyone know how Palpy knows about Anakin 'killing' padme ?

Also - and my memory may be faulty here - I seem to remember Obi and Yoda watching a holo recording of Anakin pledging himself to the Sith .
    am I remembering correctly ?

g

24. Binary_Sunset

Oct 28, 2000
    With only about seven hours to go before this thread outlives its purpose, I would like to thank Darth Stryphe and Strilo for starting this thread on February 8, 2005. It's been a fun 100ish days in here, and it has greatly added to my enjoyment of these forums.

Thank you! :)

25. Darth_Sheba

Darth_Sheba Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2003
    So - does anyone know how Palpy knows about Anakin 'killing' padme ?

Also - and my memory may be faulty here - I seem to remember Obi and Yoda watching a holo recording of Anakin pledging himself to the Sith .
    am I remembering correctly ?

Yeah, they did, although I can't explain how it ended up in the temple records when it was recorded in the Chancellor's office.

As to how Palpy knew about Anakin killing Padme...I have no idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.