main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Productions Present: The Official SW Community ROTS Spoiler Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth-Stryphe, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueTrooper

BlueTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2004
    If the Ewoks can beat clones with sticks and stones, I'm sure the greatest Jedi Master can too.

2. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    No, you don't have to black out spoilers. Treat spoilers here as you would in 3SA.

This is just another basher's thread and everyone knows it.

Well, if only the bashers use it, I guess it will be. It's up to the fanbase to learn how to share, because this is the only spoiler thread SWC is getting. This thread is really only for people who are adult enough to hear opposing views, whatever those views (TOS permitting) are.

Anyway, on with spoilers. I really haven't read all that many spoilers so far, so can somebody update me? Let's get a definitive list of confirmed (or at least most realible) spoilers going.

Maybe Sidious has reinforcements come to help him during the Yoda fight?

From what I've heard, they're one-on-one duels. GL's been building up another Yodaman duel. I don't think he's going to cop-out on it by having a bunch of Stormtroopers show up to help Sidious. I think he'll go all out and have a massive Yoda/Palp throw-down.

OK, Some of the 'spoilers' make me go *errrrr OK....* And I hope that they are mearly misinformation

Oh, come on, Breezey, I'm depending on you to bring in the PT fans to this thread. Stop bashing! :p

3. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    Darth Stryphe,

Interesting that virtually everyone posting here is a regular in the Bashers Sanctuary. Perhaps it was because: it was so nice of you to give your fellow bashers a sweet little announcement in the basher thread, promising them no flames. Nice of ya to tell them not to worry.

The Great Eye has an announcement!

You guys need to read the new SWC spoiler policy (see the new sticky thread). It is now in effect. Also, for those of you who want to chat about spoilers, please see the new thread. Don't worry, I'll be running a tight ship. It won't be turning into a flame free-for-all.

4. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Yep, and why don't you go into my history of posts and see what the next post I made after that was? What, no game? Afraid it will shatter your view of the basher conspiracy? Maybe I'll just have to ask Breezey to tell you what it was.

5. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    Just making sure you keep it all real and honest, DS.

After all, you call yourself MASTER BASHER in your bio. That doesn't exactly sound NEUTRAL or moderate. ;)
    I'll sign off now, all is well. :)

6. Qui-Gon-Jinn2

Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 10, 2002
    There is no intervention in the Yoda/Sidious duel. Yoda cuts the duel short and runs. At least, I have nopt read any spoilers that suggested it.

I'll tell you though...if Sidious loses to Mace fair and square....I'll be a little disappointed.

Sidious should be shown as unbeatable.

7. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Master Basher? LOL! So I do. Ah, that takes me back to the good old days of bashing the E2 title (stupid title!) Don't worry, I'm the Chosen Mod, the one who will bring balance to this thread. ;)

So, about that definitive list of spoilers... who's got it? Come on, I know somewhere here knows it by heart.

8. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    QGJ-2, do you know at what point in the Mace/Sidious duel Anakin shows up? I guess if he's there the whole time, it makes since that Palpatine acts the victim.

9. Qui-Gon-Jinn2

Qui-Gon-Jinn2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 10, 2002
    My understanding is that he comes in at the end, actually and stops Mace when Mace is literally about to finish Palps (after some dialoge).

I dont know what to think, because I have heard other spoilers (from solid sources) that say Palps throws the fight to give off the perception of victim, like you said.

There isn't much of a question either way in my eyes whether or not Palps in going to look like a victim.

I just hope it comes from cold calculation and not weakness.

10. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh, come on, Breezey, I'm depending on you to bring in the PT fans to this thread. Stop bashing!

But!! But!!!

Ok, since so many prequal fans are afraid to come in!

Hayden looks Absol****inglutly AMAZING... The boy is a stud muffin of the first degree.

I ADORE the fact that acording to spoilers, A&P have a cutesy baby moment!

[face_love]

And the Score.... Purrrrrrrrrrrrr

11. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Why should prequel fans post here when we have the 3SA? I mean, unless it's to argue.

Anyway, from the spoilers I've read, it's pretty vague if Mace legit beats Sid or if Sids is playing possum.

12. Sanctuary_Moon

Sanctuary_Moon Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2004
    Why should prequel fans post here when we have the 3SA? I mean, unless it's to argue.

Because bashers invariably get torn a new one when they post in 3SA. Even the moderation in that forum is anti-basher, if we're honest. I think Stryphe wanted to provide a forum away from the "heat" of 3SA, where all opinions could be expressed without flaming.

Moving on, here's my two cents: Darth Plagueis[face_sick]. Does anyone here actually think this is a good name? When I heard it I thought it was a joke. I'm not bashing Sith names for the hell of it, I actually thought Maul & Tyrannus were OK. This one just doesn't sound right and I can't put my finger on why!

13. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Yaayyyyy!!! Thankyou Stryphe, Adam

The way I think about it, what has Padme done? Outside of being not the brightest chick and falling for this guy who goes AWOL, she really hasn't ever been cruel towards anyone, insensitive or mind-blowingly moronic.

er.... well, apart from abandoning Shmi to slavery and forgetting about her for 10 years .
    Padme is one dull character, this is a big reason why I doubt I'll care about this 'tragedy' .

And what's with those different pictures of Sidious - in some he has the rotten teeth and feral look and in others he looks like ... well someone else, I'm not talking about Palpy, there's a pic of Sidious standing with a lightsabre in his hand and he looks neither like Palpy or the wild Sids.

Does anyone know why Anakin decides to go and kill the Younglings ? Seriously. I mean apparently Sids promises to tell him the secret of cheating death -- and then so Anakin agrees to be his apprentice presumably and Sids says "Go and kill all those kids" and anakin just does it ???

g

14. TheAnointedOne

TheAnointedOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2002
    "A "Coruscant Opera House"? [rolls_eyes] It's good to know that yet another culture-specific thing has been wedged into the SW galaxy, right alongside Dex's 1950s diner."

Binary, I said almost exactly the same thing in the 3SA forum and got stomped on of course, but how could Lucas have Anakin going off the "the coruscant opera house"? Not only is it an opera house which is ridiculous enough, but it is "the" coruscant opera house, like it's the only one on the planet. It would be like Han,Luke, and Leia going off to "The Endor Sports Bar" to celebrate at the end of ROTJ.

15. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    To start the spoiler list, here's what Ternian has revealed so far...

--------------------
    EPISODE III HARDCOPY: The Dream

December 19 2004

?Dreams pass in time?? Obi-Wan Kenobi, Episode II.

But what if they don?t?

Anakin?s fears of his dreams leads him on the path to the Dark Side in Revenge of the Sith. After he returns to the arms of his beloved, Padme, Anakin has a dream; a premonition, that wakes him during the night. In his dreams, he sees the death of his wife when she gives birth to their child; it is a death he cannot stop.

A fear sets into Anakin, as he remembers the same premonition that plagued him about his mother. It is also a burning issue that even Yoda cannot soothe when he warns the young Jedi about Fear, Premonition and Mortality. Unable to put the dream from his mind, Anakin seeks out his greatest confidant, Chancellor Palpatine.

Chancellor Palpatine soon recounts the story of Darth Plagueis the Wise and Anakin discovers the true power of the Sith...
    -----------------------------
    EPISODE III HARDCOPY: The Puppet Master

December 20 2004

"It's a trap!" Ackbar, Return of the Jedi.

If there is one person you can count on to ensnare the heroes in a trap, it�s the dark lord Sidious. In Revenge of the Sith, Sidious organises a trap to destroy one of the most powerful Jedi on the Council: Obi-Wan Kenobi.

After the failed attack on Coruscant, the separatist general known as Grievous contacts Lord Sidious. Sidious instructs his general to go to a secret base on the distant, neutral planet of Utapau. When he arrives on the planet, he is to wait for the arrival of the Jedi Master: then he is to destroy him.

But how does he get the Jedi Master to go there? Via Anakin Skywalker.

Anakin receives a report from Palpatine through the Chancellor�s Clone Intelligence network. This network has discovered the secret base of Grievous. Anakin passes this information onto the Jedi Council who sends Obi-Wan Kenobi to finally lead an assault to destroy the General�
    -------------------------------------
    EPISODE III HARDCOPY: Democratic Jedi

December 21 2004

?What is a democracy if it doesn?t serve all our lives?? Senator Amidala, Episode III.

After his dream about Padme, Anakin goes to Palpatine for counsel. In a brief scene in the Chancellor?s Office, the pair discusses Anakin?s new assignment and the dream that haunts Anakin.

Palpatine warns Anakin about the true goals of the Jedi Council. He claims that the Jedi are not only against himself, but also against the Senate and the whole democratic system.

Is the Jedi Council a democratic body itself? After all, isn?t Anakin being told what to do?

?Haven't they tried to convince you to act against me? ? Palpatine questions earnestly.

Anakin realises that Palpatine is right. The Jedi Council believe that Palpatine is under the influence of the Sith. Little do they know that he is the Sith Master. In an effort to learn more about the Chancellor, the Jedi Council instruct Anakin to stay on Coruscant to watch him ? spy on him, while Obi-Wan leads his mission to Utapau. They know Anakin has a close relationship with the Chancellor. Anakin is assigned as Palpatine?s personal bodyguard.

Palpatine begins to tell Anakin about the Sith, the Jedi?s lack of vision; and so begins the seduction of Anakin Skywalker to the Dark Side of the Force?
    ------------------------------------------
    EPISODE III HARDCOPY: The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise

December 22 2004

?A Jedi gains power through understanding; a Sith gains understanding through power.? Darth Sidious, Episode III.

In the Galaxies Theatre, Anakin Skywalker is the guest of the Chancellor Palpatine. The elite of Coruscant have gathered to watch the graceful movements of a female Mon Calamari soloist.

As the graceful dancer moves about stage, Chancellor Palpatine recounts an old story; The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise.

This infamous Dark Lord of the Sith supposedly gained such an insight into The Force that he was actually able to influenc

16. R2-12point

R2-12point Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    Re: Qui-Gon spoilers and the like. Honestly, I don't understand how anyone can get too worked up over the "Qui-Gon made the kids and the Senate is weak too early and Clones are flying the wrong ships" stuff. I've just never gotten this devotion to the details. If the drama moves, who cares? You can always justify those sorts of things if you affection for a movie that truly entertains you.

The only thing that really bothers me is what Binary pointed out: content aside, all of these scenes read like people standing around and talking, a la Clones, which is the single most confusing and damaging contradictory thing GL has yet introduced into the PT proceedings ("I'm a visual filmmaker, these are action films, the words don't matter ... so here's FIVE TIMES as much of them--needlessly--as ever before" WT*?) . Frankly, I'm waiting for the script to show up so I can see some context.

Re: The opera house. The opera house is a bad thing? Why again? The sports bar and 50s diner I understand; they're just not "big" or "iconic" enough, and too fricking modern, to populate the SW galaxy. But then again so was the jazz quintet in the SW Cantina (the fact that they were aliens notwithstanding). An opera-style performance, and a grand venue in which to observe it, especially if the proceedings are a bit bizarre, sounds very fitting to me. The only scary part of this spoiler is that it uses ... MON CALAMARI?? Geez, that doesn't sound good.

Re: Padme. In Menace, she was a pretty darn good character, but in Clones lamentably a cipher. However, despite the weakness of the AOTC romance, I still think her elements of ROTS could easily be done right (and need to be done right, and need to be a big part of the movie to make the drama work, even moreso than the "Ani and Obi have to be better friends" complaints).

The most entertaining thread I've ever seen on the 3SA just began with the release of a very pretty picture of her and Anakin embracing. Tons of guys came out of the woodwork to reveal just how much they were purely in SW for cool action and "no mushy parts". Only a very scant of them railed against the picture because of the weakness of the Clones romance. They just don't like girls. Ick. It's hilarious.

My verdict on spoilers, pics AND text, so far has been the usual for the PT:

1) visuals look great (as they always do in stills).

2) every run of dialogue, no matter how small, needs to lose more than half of its needless "stuffing" or it will hurt the characterizations, and therefore the picture.

and

3) there are lots of "Why would GL do this when there's an easier and better explanation for that plot point lying right over here?" types of things.

The 1's make me shiver with anticpation, the 2's worry the blazes out of me, and the 3's I leave to the sorts of folks who like to argue that sort of thing.

MOD EDIT - Sorry, but you have to type it "WT*" Standard JC rule.

17. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    If the drama moves, who cares? You can always justify those sorts of things if you affection for a movie that truly entertains you.

Therein lies the concern. If we're not getting good drama, he might as well get the details right!

18. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    Qui-Gon spoilers and the like. Honestly, I don't understand how anyone can get too worked up over the "Qui-Gon made the kids

I love ya, r-12, but story matters to me. And telling me Luke is a product of a mad laboratory experiment by a dead Jedi ghost is akin to kicking me in the nutsack. It rips any beauty or meaning out of his existence. That's not details, it's LUKE SKYWALKER.

Gez Dull, yes. But can't we still sympathize with dull people? I mean the poor girl is going to lose her job, seeing her Galaxy crumble, have her life smashed, be beaten and die without ever knowing her children. Even Debbie the Downer would solicit an emotional response from me.

On Mace beating Sidious I don't know. I always thought Mace was the most powerful swordsman on the Council. I don't know why - I just did. I have no problems with Mace beating him at all. I'm glad that somebody is going to kick his tail. And for that matter, I don't believe he beats Yoda - but Yoda is instead forced to run because the clones are coming (which is making for a god awful ridiculous display of the green man).

Sidious is the best because he outsmarted the Jedi. Which apparently isn't that hard. And it explains why he needs Anakin so badly.

Sidious WAS one of the things I looked forward to - but all the shots I've seen and promo merchandise makes him look like a complete buffoon. Why? Why go to such extremes? Just let Ian work his frikkin magic and keep the hood up - in the shadows and mysterious? Why have the masters flippin around with lightsabers? It is all spectacle, glitz and flash.

19. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    A belated thank you to Stryphe and Adam for creating this thread! :) The 3SA won't see me again.

Thanks also to a2dmusic for listing all those spoilers. Now let me ask the question: Is there anything cool in all those spoilers? If there is, I missed it.

20. R2-12point

R2-12point Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    >>> I love ya, r-12, but story matters to me.<<<

Well, I'm a writer by trade (infrequently), and it also matters to me. But I guess I look at SW too much from a movie by movie perspective, because that doesn't equal "story" to me. The movie Star Wars is a space western about a farm boy who gets caught up in an intergalactic war and turns into a hero. The movie Revenge Of The Sith is a space soap opera about a warrior who sells his soul to save what he has and ends up losing it all. And if Revenge entertains me all the way through and yet the Qui-Gon spoiler turns out to be just as true and needless and silly, then so be it, but I will find neither of those TWO "stories" ruined.

I wont like the little bugger of a spoiler, and I could easily discuss why not, but I don't find it heresy or honestly all that damaging on a MOVIE basis. You're right: it's bad backstory--and I hope you know I understand your problems with this spoiler and others--but even GOOD backstory is too much backstory for me. I never needed the details anyway. They always take the magic away, no matter their quality. So why fret 'em?

21. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    My understanding is that he comes in at the end, actually and stops Mace when Mace is literally about to finish Palps (after some dialoge).

Not sure I like the sound of that.

Because bashers invariably get torn a new one when they post in 3SA. Even the moderation in that forum is anti-basher, if we're honest. I think Stryphe wanted to provide a forum away from the "heat" of 3SA, where all opinions could be expressed without flaming.

Actually, Strilo and I figured having a spoiler thread (an outlet for spoiler talk) in SWC will reduce the likelyhood of someone posting a spoiler in one of the social threads here in SWC. If we're going to go hard-core on the "no spoilers" rule, and define the rule as rigidly as we have (for the protection of the true non-spoiler folks) then it is fair and well advised to create at last one outlet here. Pretty soon there isn't going to be a place in the entire JC you can mention even as much as the words ROTS except for 3SA and here*.

Anyway, enough debating who should and would post in this thread. I honestly don't care who does as long as they adhere to the listed rules. If you don't want to post in this thread, don't.

ad2music, thanks for the list. I've give it a once over then post my thoughts on each one later.

-----------
    * slight exageration, but the new spoiler rules for the JC will be pretty hard core and will go in effect in the not-to distant future.

22. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    Luke's not a farm boy anymore, he's a clone.

23. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
  24. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Yay, we have a spoiler thread!

I have a huge problem with the DarthPlageuis stuff. It has to do with Anakin being the "Chosen One."

Now, let's take this one step at a time, okay?

If the Sith can manipulate the *midiclorians to 'create life,' why would they do that? If they were interested in eternal life, as has been stated, wouldn't it make more sense for them to learn to manipulate the midis to extend life?

*hereinafter called 'midis'

I believe that it is the Sith who created Anakin.

• the Jedi would never use the force in such a way

• According to ESB, the force itself is created by life, life makes it stronger, makes it grow
      therefore, the force cannot in and of itself create life
    • Ergo, the Sith created Anakin, making him the Chosen One of the Sith

This answers a lot of questions, such as why would the force want the Jedi destroyed? And, why is Anakin so easily lured to the Dark Side?

And, if QuiGon does indeed influence the midis to create Luke, this would seem to be an admission that QuiGon knew he was wrong to have Anakin trained, wrong about Anakin being "The Chosen One" and created Luke to be the "Chosen One" of the Jedi.

This doesn't change the ending of ROTJ for me, because it is only fitting that the apprentice, Darth Vader, kill his master.

25. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    What gets me is if Mace and Sidious are fighting, and Anakin enters and sees them, then takes Palp's side, wouldn't he know or put 2 and 2 together to find out that Palps is Sith? Why else would he have a blade?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.