main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SWC Senate : A Long Time Before the Awakening

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Then perhaps it could be rewritten to include other planets? I'm sorry, it was probably selfish of me to jump and second the motion like that.

2. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Thank you, one and all. It is an honor to represent this flourishing system in the senate.

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I do believe that a compromise on this issue is possible. Lothal is not the only planet suffering under the crippling weight of these reparations after all. However We must tread carefully, we can not simply drop the requirements of the concordance for any system that comes forward claiming to have had a bad farming season. Perhaps a process permitted that would allow systems to be given TEMPORARY relief if they meet certain qualifications. This would give them a chance to get back on their feet, when this occurs the reparations would be placed back on them, and payments would be extended to make up for the times they failed to pay them. An economically safe way to allow planets to avoid driving themselves into bankruptcy while still having them pay their rightful share eventually.

4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    This sounds perfect. Which planets are in the most dire need right now? Perhaps we could start with them. I'm sorry Senator Geordi La Forge, but I'm withdrawing my second to your motion until we can compromise and create a better one including the other planets suffering.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I would propose the process for a planet to apply be codified, not another exception.

The exception for Corellia did make things worse. The New Order Corps, the separatists, and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Of course Senator Silent, Chancellor Sinrebirth, this would be the most logical solution. It would be a break, nothing more, they still have to pay their fair share, but in return for this break from payment, they will most likely still be paying their dues long after all other planets have finished paying theirs.

Of course free trade, and aid such as what Naboo has offered Lothal in their farming would still be encouraged, as it is a vital cornerstone to any economy as well as only fair.

My only regret is Skustell is an aquatic planet with no such farms to speak of, so I will not be able to contribute as much as Naboo, though I would gladly send a substantial sum of credits to help in relief aid.

7. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Welcome Senator Snokers. You shall be added to the updated Roster tonight.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

8. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
  9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I withdrew my motion as a second on the bill. We need to come to a compromise and a new bill first.

10. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Ah yes. My apologies. Fortunate couriers were not yet dispatched, nay?

Senator JediMaster1511, why are you randomly saying 'nay?' *chortles good-naturedly*

11. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I have no idea what you are on about, Vice-Chancellor Darth Dreadwar *smirks*

12. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Indeed, does anyone have other ideas, or additions that might suit the compromise?

Or any objections to the one I proposed?

13. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    I suggest that we expand the bill to include the imperial systems that have been accepting enough to send a senator. I currently have a draft for the bill, but I'm waiting for feedback from affected senators. The bill will grant these to chosen systems:
    • 10% cut to reparations with the understanding that this will be used to lessen taxes of citizens
    • Removal of all sanctions related to a specific non-military field for each planet.
    • Understanding that these lessenings are put in place for the benefit of the citizens
    Axxila: Looking for Axxila's senator's feedback on the field
    Corellia: They are too unstable at this time. Nothing for them
    Mygeeto: Mining
    Lothal: Farming

Darth_Furio likes this.
  14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Provided that it is specified that it is a temporary measure, and they still have to pay the same ass everyone else in the long run, I would support such a compromise.

15. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Senator Geordi La Forge, thoughts on the suggested compromise? Perhaps an amended bill could be drafted, to incorporate our esteemed colleagues' suggestions.

~The Roster~
    ~Officers~
    Sinrebirth, Chancellor of the Galactic Senate
    Darth Dreadwar, Vice Chancellor of the Galactic Senate
    ~Active Senators~

New Republic:
    Sinrebirth of Coruscant
    JediMaster1511 of Dantooine (but within Imperial territories)
    TheSilentInfluence of Naboo
    Darth_Furio of Fondor
    galactic-vagabond422 of Carratos
    AbsolX of Shili
    ConservativeJedi321 of Skustell
    Snokers of Duro

Imperial:

Jhawk117 of Corellia
    Geordi La Forge of Lothal

Independent:

Bardan Jusik of Mandalore
    Dreadwar of Moraband

~Inactive Senators~
    Shira of Umbara
    Aalagar of Muunilinst
    888 of Jakku
    Admiral Firmus Piett of Axxila
    KnightOfRen of Mygeeto
    Jedi Knight Fett of Bespin

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yes, I'm greatful for that. No need to apologize Vice Chancellor, I jumped on the bandwagon rather quickly myself.

Not at this time Senator.

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    *Walks into Senate chamber after a prolonged slumber in a Bacta Tank. AC/DC's song Thunderstruck plays in background as several "attendants" follow*

I'm Back.

(In all serious, request permission to join the game....Senator "Kylo" Bazinga'd from Tatooine.)

18. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Senators AbsolX, ConservativeJedi321, we are looking for a motion here, my friends. These issues continue to gestate and we risk calamity if we do not pass a bill through this esteemed body with all haste.

Welcome Senator Bazinga'd. It is excellent to see you return. I shall add you to the Roster as soon as I am not attending the Senate via hologram. ;)

19. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Thank you Sir. It is my honor and pleasure to rule serve.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  20. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Very well. New Bill Proposal!

Proposed By: ConservativeJedi321
    Seconded By:
    I hereby Propose, that in an effort to curb the economic downturn many systems have experienced as they attempt to pay off the massive payment demanded by the concordance The New Republic sets up an agency to sort through applications for temporary relief of said planets, from the burden they suffer under.

The application process will go as follows.
    • They Must Submit a detailed Application specifying the precise reasons for wanting relief, an in which area that they are suffering the most (Agriculture , Industry, etc.)
    • They must specify the period of time they seek to have this break of payments, and understand that they still have to pay the full amount in the long run as the payments will be placed back on them after they have recovered, and extended to make up for their missed payments.
    • They must have done their own analysis on why there economy is in turmoil, and that analysis must prove that it is a result of sanctions, and not an outlying factor. This is to be presented to the Board for review.
    • They must consent to periodic reviews of their systems economic structure to ensure that they do not attempt to scam there way out of payment And prove they are attempting to correct the situation
    • Any further Application procedures may be determined by the agency themselves assuming they are within reason. If a system believes they are being unjustly treated they may apply to the courts, or Senate to prevent power abuse.
    And in return they Receive
    • 10% cut to reparations with the understanding that this will be used to lessen taxes of citizens
    • Removal of all sanctions related to a specific non-military field for each planet.
    • Understanding that these lessening's are put in place for the benefit of the citizens
    • They may extend their recovery time at any point provided they present the reason why recovery is slower than they expected to the board.
    In no way should this inhibit foreign trade, and transfer of relief supplies between systems.
    I also suggest that the first systems that are offered this relief to are
    - Lothal
    - Mygeeto
    - Axxila
    Provided they request it.

This is for the benefit of all, preventing exploitation by the systems, and corruption by the agency, by making safe guards against both. In this way it is also only a temporary measure, only to last until the terms of the Concordance are fully paid off by all systems involved.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  21. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    I second the motion.

Chancellor Sinrebirth?

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Proceed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Ladies and gentlemen, you have 24 hours to vote on the bill that is on the floor.

At present, the Yays are two and the Nays are none.

24. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
  25. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    Yay

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.