main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SWC Senate : A Long Time Before the Awakening

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    The Ongree Support Senator AbsolX's proposition that we encourage Planets to accept the Republics rule by loosening the reparations they must pay, it would also be a great way to expand our boarder as more worlds would be willing to join this great Republic.

Though I am reluctant to trust the Imperials I do agree such diplomacy is in our best interest. Peace is our objective here not war..

The former separatist holdouts are a curious case, I lived through the final years of the Republic, and I watched as a thousand years long peace was ripped to shreds by their separatist movement. The Ongree are a simple people, the idea of nationalizing anything is repulsive to us. But I do not wish to antagonize these planets either, I would appreciate someone else's take on this... situation.

And to clarify on my previous speech I believe we should be wary of directly dealing with the Deep Core War Lords until we have a better understanding of their state of mind, and capabilities. If we can set up an observation outpost in the sector we might closely observe them, and better understand how they think and what their plans are. If the observers conclude that these extremists can be reasoned with then a delegation would be sent to negotiate. Should they conclude they are no threat to us then we might simply leave them to their own carnage. Should either of these scenarios prove to be inaccurate then we might respond swiftly and deal with them decisively.

2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Senators,

If we allow the Imperials to repay in this manner, I say take the credits and run. However, We should demand of them an exchange of intelligence so we can address the rogue elements. Quid Pro Quo. If not, there will be no negotiation.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I am looking for a Motion, my fellow Senators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  4. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I Senator Seom Nosrep move that we immediately vote on how best to deal with the Deep Core War Lords.

Then I suggest we move on to permanently dealing with these rogue imperials

After that we can better discuss some of these less pressing issues such as loosening reparations payments for worlds accepting Republic rule, and discussing this new matter of the old Separatist holdouts.

5. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Senator ConservativeJedi321, it may be of interest to read the Motions that have been passed before, in the thread. And to use such as a draft to propose your own bill; to propose a motion of how you feel it is best to deal with the Deep Core Warlords, that the Senate can vote on. :)

6. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Very well, once again I will declare the specifics of my compromise :)

I Formally Propose that we adopt the following:
    Proposed by: ConservativeJedi321
    Seconded By: Darth Dreadwar

In an attempt to compromise on a divisive, and potentially volatile issue, I propose a settlement between the two options we have discussed in length. Many seek to completely stay out of the Deep Core War Lords way, and others hope to negotiate with them in hopes of peacefully settling their hostile and bloody feuds. In an attempt to find a happy medium this legislation would provide funds for setting up an observation outpost in the sector, with state-of-the-art equipment, that would allow the observers to eavesdrop on communications and keep a close eye on the War Lords actions. They would be instructed to stay under the radar, and out of their way. In so doing, their duty would be to analyze, and properly determine the state of mind of the War Lords, and to calculate their capabilities and intent. They would report back to this body, and advise us on the best possible course of action to take. Should they find these sentients are capable of being reasoned with, we would send a diplomatic team to negotiate a peaceful resolution to their conflict. If they conclude that any negotiations would be for naught, then we would choose to leave them to their own carnage. If they do uncover weapons and capabilities that could potentially pose a threat to the Republic, and with proper intent, we would respond quickly and decisively in kind.

This would also provide for a team of elite guards to protect the observers, and prevent any hostile action from being taken towards them by anyone who might do them harm. This would last an unspecified amount of time, at least until the team is reasonably confident in its findings.

Do I have a second for this motion? Consider the implications deeply, I beg you, as this, I do believe, is the most efficient compromise between the two options that both carry great risk in their own right.

7. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Senator ConservativeJedi321, my esteemed colleagues, I Second the motion. As such, we have a motion before the floor, to vote on. Chancellor Sinrebirth, do we have recognition, that the vote may begin?

I Formally Propose that we adopt the following:
    Proposed by: ConservativeJedi321
    Seconded By: Darth Dreadwar

In an attempt to compromise on a divisive, and potentially volatile issue, I propose a settlement between the two options we have discussed in length. Many seek to completely stay out of the Deep Core War Lords way, and others hope to negotiate with them in hopes of peacefully settling their hostile and bloody feuds. In an attempt to find a happy medium this legislation would provide funds for setting up an observation outpost in the sector, with state of the art equipment, that would allow the observers to eavesdrop on communications and keep a close eye on the War Lords actions. They would be instructed to stay under the radar, and out of their way. In so doing, their duty would be to analyze, and properly determine the state of mind of the War Lords, and to calculate their capabilities and intent. They would report back to this body, and advise us on the best possible course of action to take. Should they find these sentients are capable of being reasoned with, we would send a diplomatic team to negotiate a peaceful resolution to their conflict. If they conclude that any negotiations would be for naught, then we would choose to leave them to their own carnage. If they do uncover weapons and capabilities that could potentially pose a threat to the Republic, and with proper intent, we would respond quickly and decisively in kind.

This would also provide for a team of elite guards to protect the observers, and prevent any hostile action from being taken towards them by anyone who might do them harm. This would last an unspecified amount of years, at least until the team is reasonably confident in its findings.

Do I have a second for this motion? Consider the implications deeply, I beg you, as this, I do believe, is the most efficient compromise between the two options that both carry great risk in their own right.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Excellent. Due to access issues, I now confirm the vote is on! My friends, if you would vote.

9. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    I shall corral the voters at once, Chancellor.

24 hours to vote, my friends, on the motion. At present, the Yays are two and the Nays are none.

10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  11. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    I vote yay

The Great Chieftain is willing to contribute some of her to the force. She understands that the force will be small, so she is waiting for Senator Conservative to decide.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  12. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
  13. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Fondor votes yay

14. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Yay, says I.

15. Geordi La Forge

Geordi La Forge Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2016
    Currently Speaking: Senator La Forge of Lothal (Imperial)

Nay.

This type of espionage will just lead to division and war.

The resources would be better spent elsewhere reversing the environmental damage caused by conflict across member worlds as well as lightening the burden of reparations.

16. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Out of 14 active Senators, we have 8 who have voted. Ladies and gentlemen, we have Quorum.

The Yays are 7 and the Nays are 1. Chancellor Sinrebirth, the motion presented by Senator ConservativeJedi321 is passed, pending your affirmation.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Excellent. Congratulations, Senators. I shall deploy the group to the Deep Core to investigate those systems which have not joined the New Republic Senate. Any Deep Core systems which have returned delegates will not be subject to the inspection, as the Concordance will apply to them as and when it can reach those isolated systems.

*smiles politely*

Now, I have confirmation that the New Order Corps and the Corporatist supporters have clashed on the streets of Orinda, with several casualties. Rumours abound that illegal battle droids were used to defend the marchers who support the Corporate powers, but no evidence has surfaced of that.

Further reports suggest that the isolation of Dantooine is making it more likely to be the target of both factions looking to score points with their supporters and everyday Imperials.

So events are indeed escalating within the Empire and we have the unresolved reparations issue weaving within this.

18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I wish to thank all senators present for accepting the motion. I do believe it was the best possible solution.

Ah yes, now on to the next thing. By goodness it seems we have more crises to deal with then we have solved.

Hm, I'm inclined to think that the corporatist situation is best left to the new order to deal with. It is of no immediate concern to us at the moment, and they are more then capable of dealing with their own citizens. We should of course offer any humanitarian aid possible, if requested, but beyond that I see no reason to get involved in their squabble.

Though I am of open enough mind to listen to others arguments on why we should. Beyond this I honestly have no more to say. I will simply wait for a motion to be proposed, and will gladly vote when the time comes.

*The old ongree returns to his seat in the outskirts of the arena, watching eagerly to see how the discussion on this matter will turn, eye stocks focused on the debate between his fellow senators.*

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. Geordi La Forge

Geordi La Forge Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2016
    Currently Speaking: Senator La Forge of Lothal (Imperial)

Lothal would like to present a new legislation proposal at this time:

"Farmland Restoration Act"
    Proposed by: Senator La Forge of Lothal (Imperial)
    Seconded by: Currently Seeking Second Supporter.

The years of war has devastated a large portion of what used to be farm and ranch land on Lothal. The current reparations imposed on Lothal by the Republic have become a financial burden and is preventing our restoration efforts to restore the environment and a long term self-sustaining food supply to our people and the surrounding systems. The additional sanctions on limiting our shipyards' productions have had detrimental effects on flow of commerce, transport of goods, and will likely also lead to security issues in the future. this is the legislation we propose:
    • Immediate cessation of all reparation requirements on Lothal by the Republic.
      • By doing this, we will be able to lower local taxes, giving our economy the much needed boost to get back on its feet.
    • Discontinuation of all sanctions on all of Lothal's shipyards.
      • This will allow us to rebuild our transport fleet, as well as to continue to provide security for the trade routes between nearby systems.
    • The Republic Senate will see to it that Lothal provide the resources needed for the restoration of the local environment as well as assisting local agriculture production centers, and an initiative to restore the flocks world wide for our local nerf herders.
    We're currently looking for a co-sponsor for this legislation. Thank you for your time.

20. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Geordi La Forge

*Senator Silent from Naboo moves her pod out to the center*

Should you require it, Naboo has a number of farmers willing to lend a hand to those on Lothal. Your farming is not that different from our own, though we do grow vineyards outside out Theed.

I second the motion for the Farmland Restoration Act proposed by Senator Geordi La Forge. It would be good to start getting planets back on their feet, and help the people who reside there.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Fine, fine. Vice Chancellor Darth Dreadwar?

22. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I am happy to see the Senate is returning to business after quite a long break, however this current proposition on the table... I feel is too narrow. Relieving one system of the economic burden of reparations while leaving it on every other system just seems inappropriate to me. I'm afraid, kind senator of Lothal, that in its current form the Ongree can not vote In favor of this motion.

23. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    I hereby declare that I will be joining and representing the Duro System.

24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Welcome Senator Snokers. We are happy to have you here.

Snokers likes this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Welcome to the Senate, Snokers of Duro. A pleasure to see a New Republic system sending a representative to the Senate.

Darth Dreadwar and Snokers like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.