main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SWC Senate - Reconstruction (v.2) -NOVA

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ekhranomicka

Ekhranomicka Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    I gratefully accept the position of Speaker in your Administration, Chancellor. Neutral will do its best for the galaxy.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Congratulations Chancellor. =D=

[​IMG]

3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Yes, congratulations!

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Congrats to the Chancellor and his appointed staff. The Senate is in good hands.

5. Master Selkath

Master Selkath Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 5, 2013
    Congratulations Chancellor

6. Polydroxol

Polydroxol Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2014
    Congratulations Chancellor! I would be honored to serve as your Vice-Chief. I will do my best to make your next term the best it can be for all Republic citizens.

7. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    ******************rises****************
    Thankyou senators for accepting the positions within the chancellory. We have alot of work to do to drive the galactic juggernaught that is is the senate. To the speaker, I would ask for a updated budget for this year so we can assess what measures the senate could introduce and what saving devices could be looked at. I would like the to see the VC have a look at whether there could be any measures in place to stop the Hutts from pilferring our systems. We have tried to bring bills against this, but they ultimately fail for various reasons. I think you are the right senator to successfully lobby other senators and form a diversionary law to hinder the Hutts unsightly business operations.
    On a new note I wish to scrap red tape and the hinderance of law/bill making so I will be closing down the legislation committee which I myself was apart of and as a committee we tried our best, we couldn't properly instigate the comittees terms of references. Our effective constitution [see rules] can look after how senators go about their business of bill/law/measure implimentation.
    As a chancellor I will be looking at what incentives the senate needs for the successful intergration of refugees in the Nova crisis. I'd like senators to openly faciltitate debate on this subject, with consensus we can move forward on this issue.

********************************sits**********************

8. Ekhranomicka

Dec 19, 2013
    ***rises***

Chancellor, Vice Chief of State and Senators, the budget update for July 2014 is as follows:
    Budget of the Galactic SenateMonthending July 2014
    the key features
    -Income has increased due to a) inflation, which increased due to the effects of the Reconstruction Relief Program, b) increased income taxes from rising living standards in war-torn areas(from the Reconstruction Relief Program) and c) a slight rise in the luxury goods tax due to a burgeoning economy
    -A dramatic fall in spending on the Reconstruction Relief Program, due to much of it being spent.
    -An increase in spending on arts and education, due to public desire for these goods increasing beyond what the Reconstruction Relief Program can provide with regards to these matters.
    the budget

Expenditures include:
    33.7 Trillion credits for expenses related to border security, to security of public places and to administrative costs. From Bill 986b: Funding for security, refugee relocation and immigration enforcement

50.753 trillion for expenses relating to the maintenance of, the hardware acquisition for and training of the Republic Military. Funding reduced according to Bill 1784: Funding for upgrading the communication network.

18.837 trillion for expenses relating to the Reconstruction Relief Program. This program rebuilds vital infrastructure on planets that was destroyed during the recent Vong Reborn conflict, as well as providing more immediate food aid and homeless relief for those who have decided to stay on their home planets. Funding reduced according to Bill 1784: Funding for upgrading the communication network.

10.79 trillion for expenses relating to the Department of Education. From Motion 1.04

17.5 trillion for expenses relating to the Department of the Arts and Galactic Culture (3.02 trillion towards culture i.e. museums, buildings, exhibitions and 4.53 trillion divided equally between visual art, music, and dramatic arts (1.51 trillion each)). From Arts and Culture Reform Resolution No.2349.

8.039 trillion for expenses relating to increased funding for upgrading the communication network. Hypercommunication and Holonet relays will be repaired and updated. Relays that are located in close proximity to systems that are not aligned with the senate, will have priority. New hyperlanes will have to be discovered for planets whose hyperspace lanes have recently been erased. Trade route markers that have been devastated by the Vong Reborn will be renewed in order to stimulate the economy. From Bill 1784: Funding for upgrading the communication network

5 trillion for expenses relating to a tax rebate for planets and systems who paid taxes.

5.866 trillion for expenses relating to a contingency fund, to be used at the discretion of the Chancellor, with the approval of the Senate.

Total expenditure: 131.648 trillion credits

Income includes:
    5.363 trillion from the 'heavy weapons for trade' tax. From Bill 38727.

18.837 trillion from the 'luxury goods' tax. From Bill 38727.

179.72 trillion from the 'income' tax. From Bill 38727. (note: the current income tax is set at 28%. It is a flat income tax, meaning that everyone pays 28% of their income, regardless of how much they earn. Note again: for those whose worlds have been devastated by the Vong Reborn, the rate is 27.5%.)

Total income: 203.92 trillion credits

Balance: +72.272 trillion credits

The outlook ahead
    -The military has not had any budget increases for many terms now.

-The cost of the Reconstruction Relief Program is expected to decrease in real terms, as the money is progressively spent.

-The cost of the Arts Department and the Education Department are expected to rise dramatically as many of their expenses will no longer be provided by the Reconstruction Relief Program.

+++END BUDGET+++

(ooc-a draft was completed earlier, I don't usually make budgets that quickly)

Polydroxol and aalagartassle like this.
  9. Polydroxol

Jan 27, 2014
    Chancellor, I will help draft a bill to limit the influence the Hutts can have on the Republic. I would look to hear every senator's view on how this should be approached and implemented. Obviously, we want to go hard on the Hutts but without violating our own laws or budget and without making us look like "bad guys" to our citizens and outsiders.

aalagartassle likes this.
  10. Ekhranomicka

Dec 19, 2013
    ooc-budget font looks weird due to editing error, if you'ld like to reply to budget please make font larger if you wish

11. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Congratulations speaker, senator of Neutral for the efficent response, the budget points to tax breaks universally and more incentives [tax and trade] for worlds that partipate in the refugee program. Your insight to fiscal policy will be intergral to forming and adjusting galactic aims. We should start a think tank at what to do with the profit and how to maintain surplus if we decide to tax breaks/cuts. For the very least I would consider either decreasing taxes to the galactic senate or set up self propergating funding from interest garnered from the profit to be directly be injected into the lifting of the standard of living.

To the VC, those are wise words indeed and we need to get the balance correct, I do have a proposition to increase taxes of Businesss enimating from Hutt space while also increasing the anti piracy and smuggling task forces that this governement may well be able to impliment. I think this bill will have many facets to it to get the balance correct.

Senators we have seen a windfall in our budget, let us not waste it on idle projects, but help those that are most in need.

12. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    If a sunset clause were to be provided, would I then be able to repost my bill?

13. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    The Sunset Provision is a must. I would also remind my fellow Senators that condeming all Hutts without trials constitues a grave violation of Due Process and likely would be defined as a Bill of Attainder.

14. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    How would the senate feel about about a bill to convert say, about 1/5 of our singular planet defense fleet to refugee duty?

15. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Do you mean convert permanently or temporarily repurpose the ships for humanitarian purposes? Thuro

16. Polydroxol

Jan 27, 2014
    Esteemed Senators I have found that there is an pressing crisis back on my home planet that I must attend to with great haste, I regrettably must take an estimated 10 day absence from Senate proceeding as I not have any access to hologram technology at the location at which I will be.

OOC: I am going away for 10 days to a locale where there is almost no internet. I will become fully active in the Senate once I return home.

17. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    *****rises*****
    To the senator of Lohrans, you may put any motion to the floor you wish, though i suggest you work with the VC [in 10 days time] to strengthen the legislation and make it comprehensive. Though you may choose not to do this by all means.

To senator Thuro, I'm not sure of your terms of reference is to the premise. Muunilinst will never hand over vessels, mothballed or fleet ready for permanant duty to the galactic senate, who ever controls such a large fleet could ultimately claim power and usurp our constitution by Force. 20% donation of vessels is excessive and this could start an arms race to bring back system protection in line with what a system needs for its own protection.
    I don't believe vessels will help the refugee crisis, I believe pledges and incentives will bring this matter to resolve. In time a motion will be given to the senate about cooperation for incentive. The finer details will be presented to the senate before being voted upon.

*********sits********

18. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Temporally. Just until the current crisis is in. I would like to set up a poll to gauge casual interest in this project.

OOC: I noticed we never have polls like a real senate. I would like to set this up somehow although I'm not sure how. Anybody have any ideas?

19. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    An excellent suggestion Senator Thuro, polls are good to gauge the senates focus. Please though no popularity polls, just issue/project polls.

Thuro likes this.
  20. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Mod Note: Hold off on the polls until I talk to Bardan_Jusik and Sinrebirth

Are you planning on using the thread poll option? If you do I think it is going to be limited to only one.

21. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    << The Senate receives a hologram communication from Desarovo the Hutt. >>

Dear Senators,

The last couple of days, I have been looking into the events leading up to Dullo's death.
    I assure you that the Hutt Council had no knowledge of Dullo's wrongdoings.
    Dullo acted fully on his own. He took advantage of my name and reputation.
    That is why I want to apologize for my indecent behaviour.

I am willing to look past Dullo's death if the Senate grants the Hutts a favour.
    Do not economically sanction Hutt Space in any way.
    Thank you very much.

<< End of message. >>

22. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    *****rises******
    Economic sanctions is a right the senate may make, but only in extreme circumstances. I do not believe the senate will vote on sanctions, but they may vote on tax and other measures to inhibit the Hutt influence towards galactic space. Our territory surrounds Hutt space, and it would be not in the galactic best interest if our system of governance turns a blind eye towards a different system of governance impinging on its territory. The situation is delicate but when a vessel registered in Hutt space, or moves from Hutt space or supplies or benift Hutt space business there may be a taxation, not a sanction Desarovo. As chancellor I believe in trade and good relations with our neighbours and I am glad to see that you have actively seen it so to protect Hutt interests. Sanctions is only an extreme measure and the Hutts so far have not raised enough mettle/indignation of the senate to warrant such harsh measures.

*****sits*****

23. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    << Desarovo the Hutt replies. >>

Chancellor Aalargartassle, you are twisting the meaning of certain words. Increasing taxation on products from Hutt Space IS a sanction.
    At least, that is the way I see it and I am sure my colleagues on the Hutt Council do so too.
    You speak the way a banker speaks when he is about to concince someone to take on a deal which is not a very good one.
    The Hutts, however, have a good relationship with Muunilinst, may I remind you of that, Chancellor!

<< End of message. >>

24. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    *****rises*****
    To the Hutt council, you have little influence on territorial matters, especially taxation. Sanctions are a completely and highly divisible economic deterent. The senate has not made any lasting mandate for the increase of taxes, it has tried and failed. If economic taxes are introduced on Hutt products then it is the will of the senate and not an individual such as myself. Though I hold position, I do not look after just the interests of Munnilinst, I look after the outlook of the galaxy.
    ****sits****

25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Jedi General Gelderd: When can I expect the extra police forces to arrive in the Vorc Sector, Supreme Commander?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.