main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SWC Senate: Restoring Peace, Prosperity and Equality to the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I am senator Xogorth of Thyferra, and I am here.

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Yep! Here!

OOC: I believe you'll find a list of linked names in the "Senate Records" conversation I included you in.

3. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Senator Heffley, present.

4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I'm in it out. But here for the moment.:p

5. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Senator Nam of Maridun is present.

6. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I agree here. If funds are to be diverted to defense, I propose an amendment that all funds needed for this bill come from defense. We don't need funds taken, say, from education being funneled via this act just to pad defense's coffers.

Also, I propose an amendment to section 6: their sentence should be reduced by one-and-a-half. This would liken it to the pay in section 1 to encourage participation by said prisoners.

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Sounds agreeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anakin.Skywalker and DarthIshyZ like this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Present by Proxy.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  9. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
  10. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    The senator from Malastare is present and accounted for.

11. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Sullust is present

12. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
  13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    How much more time should we give to check in Chancellor Bardan_Jusik? I was thinking twenty four hours.

DarthIshyZ and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  14. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Apologies for my absence, I was listed as inactive in the roster update but I'm here now! [face_peace]

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Sounds about right.

16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'll update it once the vote it over. Thank you for returning Senator.

Snokers likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OK, I know it hasn't quite been 24 hours but as i have a rather busy schedule today, let's end the roll call a bit early (it's gone on long enough anyway) and get to the vote. If Senator Sinrebirth could please post the amended bill for the record we can begin voting on it immediately, voting to last 24 hours from the time of it's posting.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Strike Bill

Firsted by Sinrebirth

Seconded by Darth_Furio

Amended by DarthIshyZ, accepted by Sinrebirth

Whereas the strike is in action, whereas no compromise has been given, and as necessary to resume critical services as it is, it is hereby stated that:

1. Workers can be drafted from other state owned industries at pay and a half for the job at hand.

2. Volunteers from private industries can be accepted in similar terms, on the basis that it is for no more than one year and the employees have their prior job guaranteed by the government.

3. Private businesses which allow their workers to fill in will receive a tax rebate equivalent to their net loss at year end. Responsible businessmanship is expected and a company which goes into liquidation due to releasing workers will not be compensated.

5. Any company which refuses to allow their employees back after the end of the crisis or their year contract - whichever is sooner - will be subject to sanctions by the government, and their tax rebate cancelled.

6. Any prisoner serving a sentence which is a strict liability offence (e.g. Parking fines), not life sentences or violent crime offences, may apply to reduce their sentence and act as workers in said strike locations. Such sentence will be reduced by the equivalent and a half of the period of their assistance, subject to good behaviour. Similarly their wardens will determine if they may be allowed to be released.

7. The factories and mines that are subject to the strike are to be seized by government forces, with actions paid for by the profits of the factories and mines, for the duration of the strikes. If negotiations are not resolved within one year of this act, the mines and factories and so forth and miscellaneous material will be seized by the government with no compensation offered. This includes the fact that the start up costs will originate from the armed forces.

8. Any effort to sabotage or resist temporary or, in the case of a failure as per 7 above, nationalisation will result in the levying of treason charges against said individuals and the death penalty the maximum sentence. Financial sanctions will be the preferred avenue.

9. Any community service may be spent at said facilities affected by the strike.

10. This legislation can be rolled over by the Chancellors office without reference to the Senate. It can also be applied to other strike actions as they arise, without reference to the Senate.

11. This act can last no longer than 5 years, and all profits from said act are to be reserved solely for the budget of maintaining this act. Any surplus at the end of the accounting period (of no less than twice per financial year) is to be diverted to the armed forces.

12. Any individual member of the strike membership that wishes to return to work can not avail themselves of any of the benefits of the above workers. They will benefit from whatever compromise is given to enable the workforce to return to work at the end of the strike. If they return immediately (and by immediately, the law means within one month of this act being entered into law), then all criminal charges relating to damage or obstruction will be waived, should any have arisen. Any violent offences will not, under any circumstances, be waived unless by specific pardon by the Chancellor.

13. The definition of the Chancellor also includes any nominated party of the Office, as long as they hold an elected office, and have no conflict of interest in the companies or resources at stake.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  19. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I don't see my second amendment: funding for this act will come from the armed forces.

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Edited in at 7.

Bardan_Jusik and DarthIshyZ like this.
  21. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Are we allowed to start voting?

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yes, please vote.

23. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I vote aye.

24. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Sullust votes aye

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.