main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SWC Senate: Restoring Peace, Prosperity and Equality to the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I will reaffirm my nomination of Senator Lady Belligerent with my vote when the time comes.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Well then, that seems to be it. 24 hours now for questions to the candidates and after that I will open up the voting.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *folds arms*

I have a question for my colleague Anakin.Skywalker. You represent the Hutts, who are not historically associated with the upstanding citizen - by choice, though they have been given many an opportunity to legitimatise themselves. As such you are relatively untested in openness and transparency of system, let alone government. How do you propose to defeat the perception of millennia around your constituents and by default your own candidacy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Speaking of which, this question is directed to Sinrebirth and Anakin.Skywalker, though the latter is gone, I believe for the weekend.
    Can you give us some specific tenets of your platform?

5. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Lady Belligerent plans on providing advanced weaponry to our military, perhaps expanding their numbers for a stronger foothold throughout the Galaxy, Sinrebirth what changes do you intend to affect for troops?

Sent from the deepest void using my thumbs.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Snokers, I would want to give them tenure, give them secured and guaranteed pensions, increase spending on housing them and their families, incentives for families that serve generationally, and increase their support by funnelling punishments from the criminal system into military service and including military options in the education system for children that wish to express their talents this way; the military route should not be an extracurricular event to be tacked onto an application; why not make it a topic they may option? Why isolate the military from the everyday life that they will be expected to protect?

Enshrine those who serve, not put them in a corner as if we are embarrassed that we need to have a military at all; they give us their lives and we should give them our respect.

BookExogorth; I have a mantra.

Justice before Order; Order before Peace; Peace before War; War before Chaos.

If we cannot be Just, how can we have Order; if we cannot have Order, how can we have Peace; how can we have Peace, before we have War, and how can we not War for our society, for our peace, for our order, for our justice, when Chaos arises?

All of my platforms follow this basic code.

Any impediment on our ability to create a just society must be removed - justice for all; the rule of law for all, nobody will be above the law, and nobody will be below it.

Snokers likes this.
  7. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Sinrebirth, how do you define order?
    For you, what differentiates order from peace?

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Order is an imposition where there is not justice. Peace is tranquility; the objective of a just society, and were there no injust individuals, there would be peace. Where there is injustice, order must be imposed.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Fellow Senators, the time has come Execute Ord...

*An aide leans forward and whispers something in the Chancellor's ear.*

Hold on a moment.

*The Chancellor and the aide confer for a moment before the Chancellor again address the assembled legistlative body.*

ahem. The time has come to put our nominees to the vote and elect our next Chancellor of the Senate. Voting is now open.

10. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  11. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
  12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  13. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  14. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Let's focus on what is happening, rather than what could, BookExogorth.

Bardan_Jusik and BookExogorth like this.
  16. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Anakin.Skywalker has my vote. I've heard a military stance from the other two. My culture doesn't support that.

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

17. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  18. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    *Senator Bazinga'd Jr steps up to the dias, looking tired and frail*

Honorable Chancellor and my fellow Senators-

I am here to announcement my immediate retirement from the Senate due to a pressing health concern and scheduling committments. I believe I leave the Senate in a better state then when I first arrived. I have full trust and confidence in the leadership and faction leaders and I hope that productive legislation will continue to pass.

May the Force be With You all.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I am sure I speak on behalf of all candidates when I accept your resignation with sadness as to your departure, but respect for you in the going.

Force speed, Senator.

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Your presence in the Senate will be sorely missed Bazinga'd.

BookExogorth and Bazinga'd like this.
  21. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    We all respect and honor your leadership and dedication, Bazinga'd. We will remember you.

22. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Amen to that!

Bazinga'd likes this.
  23. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    OOC: Where the hell did my post go???

IC: Senator Bazinga'd, I wish you well. It was an honor to know both you and your father.

To answer your question, Senator Sinrebirth, I seek to set an example for Hutts in general, as well as serve as an "outlier" of sorts for all non-Hutts to see. I realize I cannot change Hutt nature or Hutt culture, but then again, there's always a first, no? I appreciate you bringing this question into the Senate. I think it is something that needed to be addressed. I hope I may pave the way for other Hutts to follow a better example.

24. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    OOC: Ladies and gentlemen and otherwise. I apologize yet again for my absence. DRL has been a killer! No peace at all at work.

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It's voting time, not question time. Not really prudent to answer missed questions during the voting.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.