main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SWC Senate: Restoring Peace, Prosperity and Equality to the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Well, there you go!

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    *Senator Bazinga'd Jr enters into the Senate Chamber and Sits in his Pod patiently. He removes his virtual reality holo-device from his head*

I see I have not missed much in the last week.

BookExogorth likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes it might be time to disband the senate.

OOC: perhaps we should start a new thread?

4. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    OOC: Maybe, I'm not sure. We should wait and see what others have to say.

5. Glimmer of Hope

Glimmer of Hope Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 1, 2018
    "Disband the Senate or create a new one? It seems as if there are many people who have left for whatever reason and others who wish to remain." The Senator from Crait sighs. "I for one would find it abhorrent if we simply gave up like this. I'll continue on, should others wish to join in. We've already missed the voting for the 19th have we not?"

BookExogorth likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That's the thing, Senator Hope. I think what we should do instead of the vote that we all missed we should instead have the sent take a break.

OOC: By break, I mean just creating a new thread. This thread is really dead. We have only like 5 active users.

Do not think of it as giving up, but a rebranding of the Senate instead.

7. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    29th was the next election, I believe.
    I strongly disagree with proposals to create a new thread.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just an idea

BookExogorth likes this.
  9. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Any ideas are good at this point. I just think that club membership varies. I didn't mean to come off as angry or authoritative. :)

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We are senators that is sorta our thing :p

BookExogorth likes this.
  11. Glimmer of Hope

Jan 1, 2018
    "I can understand your reluctance, Senator Exogorth, but surely you can see we need a fresh slate? Positions stay the same, nothing truly changes. Aside from our venue of course." The Senator sighs and looks among their fellow Senators before speaking.

"A Grand Republic stands before us! We, those chosen few who represent the lives and welfare of so many who live so far from one another all share a common goal: PEACE. Is it untrue to say that we wish for our worlds to prosper? Is it untrue to believe that we make a difference in our own way? Is it untrue that we walk through those doors in order to overcome struggles and hardships that face not just our own homes, but the homes of our fellow Senators?"

The delegate of Crait hovers forward and continues.

"We are fewer in number now than when this Congress had first begun. I, myself, am a much newer face to all of you. I do not speak these words from experience, friends, but I speak them from knowledge. A field is but a field until a farmer shapes the land. That first, nurturing touch of the earth that brings forth new life!"

Senator Hope raises their arms high.

"So I propose we, the remaining members of this fine congressional body, take the steps to rebuild, recruit, and reestablish ourselves in the Galaxy Proper! We must breathe new life into the Senate. Progress and reinvention should not be seen as a means to exercise trepidation. The future is not always so clear, but that is why if we stand together; if we face this as one of many challenges to be faced, that we WILL SUCCEED! Together... we shall succeed and move on to a brighter future."

They remain before the entirety of the Senate, glancing at the empty pods and various memberships and delegations, waiting for their answer.

@BookExogorth @Jedi Knight Fett @Nehru_Amidala @Bardan_Jusik @Bazinga'd

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Starting up a new thread is done either at the discretion of the mods, or as the result of a meta motion (see the Senate Constitution on page one of this thread) which must of course then have the approval of the mods. I've no issue with a new thread, but would prefer it be the result of a passed meta motion rather than by site staff fiat (though we've had to do that too from time to time). Considering we have an election pending I say we deal with any such meta motion post election (perhaps even as our first order of business, but that is at the discretion of the Senate) and then move on from there.

If a new thread is approved by Senate majority, I would greatly like to see the current scenario (spelled out in the OP) adhered to as it keeps us rather close to canon and keeps us from deviating too much into a fanfiction.

13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    As I am about to step down, I second that idea.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would agree that we hold until the election and as our first order of business we we vote on starting a new thread.

15. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Senator Xogorth stands tall in her pod.
    "Senators, why would we dissolve? Do you think that would renew interest in our illustrious body? What new interest would that give? Who would take note of what before they have simply overlooked?

However, I would submit to you that all of us have been exceedingly remiss in doing our jobs. Why would we want new interest? Is it so that there can be others here? What do we want the others to do? Do we want them to, perhaps, propose topics for discussion and debate?
    What would others do that we cannot?
    I do not mean to condemn those here seeking for change, for I too have been remiss in putting anything concrete out. I simply think that this will not be profitable or meaningful.
    I thank you for your attention, senators."
    Senator Xogorth smiles and bows her head thoughtfully for a moment.
    OoC: That puts my thoughts in the persona.

16. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    OOC: You know we never had specific rules for Meta-Motions except it needed Mod approval. Is it a majority vote, what are the procedural aspects, etc?

OCC: If we do vote for a new thread, this is an area of the rule/constitution that could use some revisions. If anyone asks I have a few opinions on the matter.

@Bardan_Jusik @TheSilentInfluence @Sinrebirth

17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    It might be good to get a new Senate started, and maybe we could change it up a bit to get more users to play. Send us a PM @Bazinga'd.

Glimmer of Hope and Bazinga'd like this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    In voting terms we run a meta motion the same as any other in game motion.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It has no higher pass rate required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  20. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Ergo, I say we start a new thread.

Glimmer of Hope likes this.
  21. Glimmer of Hope

Jan 1, 2018
    Seconded, of course.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So, my fellow senators, do you think we should do the election first or vote on starting a new thread first?

OOC: perhaps one of the mods could do a quorum call?

23. KamNale

KamNale Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2012
    Senator Nam stands.
    "Fellow senators I must inform you that I hear by secede my planet of Maridun to the First Order. They are clearly more powerful than our meager New Republic fleet. We can thank the Populists for that. Therefore, if you wish for a new senate I suggest you do it in private to not alert the First Order. I'd wish you all the best of luck, but...you'd all be lucky to join the Order."

OOC: I'm more in favor to start a new thread. I'm not sure if we should still do pre-TFA or post-TLJ or any other period, but I think if it's best to start anew since so many people are inactive.

BookExogorth likes this.
  24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    OOC: New thread it is then...I think.

Glimmer of Hope likes this.
  25. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I'm up for anything. As long as it's not as dead as this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.