main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SWC Senate: Restoring Peace, Prosperity and Equality to the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    My distinguished colleagues,

All of our goal here, is to make the Galaxy and safer and more prosperous place for all, regardless of planet, gender, race, or POLITICAL AFFILIATION. The rhetoric and banter I have just heard is unproductive and contravenes our purpose here.

While we wait for a nomination from the populists, does anyone have the number for the repair crew....My dais seems to be malfunctioning.

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    My apologies Chancellor Bazinga'd and to my fellow Senators. Despite the years that have passed since the Empire's downfall, I'm afraid I've taken a defensive approach in my stance within regards to my planet.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Members and Party Affiliation

Populist

Senator Furio of Sullust
    Senator ConservativeJedi of Skustell

Centrist

Senator Sinrebirth for Eriadu
    Senator Silent of Naboo
    Senator Snokers of Mandalore Duro
    Senator Pretendalorian of Gorse

Independent

Senator Bazinga'd of Tatooine.
    Senator Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore

Snokers...You're in my spot. :p

It's OK, I fixed it for you.

4. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008

I have always appreciated your diplomatic approach my Lady.

OOC: Bardan_Jusik Can you do that? Come on. :p

5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Yes, I can. I claimed that senate seat as a revival of the game was being discussed in the old thread (where the quote originated from). Others also claimed their seats then, and if any of them had been displaced they too would have taken precedence with their prior claim.

6. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    Darth_Furio The Mandalorians have always been a people of conflict... Probably just the result of some violent planet-wide coup. Totally normal, I'd pay it no heed...

7. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    *Nods* Thank you Senator.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Has the Populists nominated their candidate?

Also, its good to see my old friend, the Senator of Mandalore has returned. We have been through the wars together, havent we.

Also, the chair wishes to express its gratitude for who ever called the repair crew to fix my dais.

9. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Edit: Post does not exist.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

OOC: No worries, I just got back from my first viewing of it myself. [face_peace]

Edit: I've edited that for you since I was around. If I shabbed it up let me know
    Edit II: Fixed that again for you per your request in our PM.

Snokers likes this.
  11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    With only two candidates (as it stands now) there isn't much room for debate on the matter. I have no wish to advance in position, and therefor offer a nomination of Darth_Furio, for what little it will affect the outcome considering how outnumbered we are.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Populist

Senator Furio of Sullust

Centrist

Senator Silent of Naboo
    Senator Snokers of Mandalore Duro

Independent

Senator Fett of Taris

13. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Ok, if we swing all three independents to our side we can win:p

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Your political party is not looking good when their are more independents then party aligned. :p

You at least try so I will give you that Senator ConservativeJedi

15. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I have a theory considering this, but will keep it to myself.[face_whistling]

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You do have some well known War veterans among your party though so at least you have them to back you up.

17. Knight of Wren

Apr 13, 2016
    Honestly, the idea of someone fooling themself into thinking they can remain neutral and unaligned in this debate is, quite truly, shockingly incomprehensible to me. The importance of a strong, unified galaxy is completely beyond the point of argument. We all know it to be true. The time has come for all who truly care for our New Republic's future to rally behind the Centrist cause!

18. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Thank you for nomination Senator. I will announce my appointments in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Hm. *Leans back in my chair, thinking deeply.* We should remember Senator Pretendalorian that remaining neutral is their right, and we should not force other Senators into political parties they do not wish to join. Don't forget, The Republic was very intent on getting the Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore to support the Clone Wars despite her neutrality. That uh, ended up badly.

20. Knight of Wren

Apr 13, 2016
    Yes, I suppose you are correct as usual Senator TheSilentInfluence . Perhaps I was mildly overzealous in expressing my personal views.

*Ponders for a moment* Nevertheless, if my memories regarding the history of our glorious former Republic serve me rightly, the situation to which you are alluding would likely have ended very differently had Mandalore sided with the Republic to begin with, rather than waiting for internal strife and corruption to necessitate such an alliance. Much chaos and bloodshed could have been averted, had the Republic been their ally in their time of need. Alone, each system, even the great power of Mandalore, was only so strong.

21. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015

Populist

Senator Furio of Sullust
    Senator Ren of Mygeeto

Centrist

Senator Silent of Naboo
    Senator Snokers of Duro

Independent

Senator Fett of Taris

22. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    *Walks into the Senate Chamber and into the Dais. The Dais raises to the middle of the chamber*

My distinguished colleagues. After receiving the nominations and thoroughly considering the multitude of issues involved, I hereby make the following appointments:

I hereby appoint Senator Furio to the position of Vice-Chancellor and Senator Sinrebirth to the position of Speaker. Please join me in congratulating them.

Later this morning, I will begin to lay out in more details the legislative agenda for this term.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    *frowns*

Surely the larger of the Parties should have the Vice Chancellor position? We wouldn't want for the Populist party to be disadvantaged if the Chancellor was taken unwell!

OOC: Not bothered either way, but I'm a Centrist. Have to scrutinise every decision of a dirty Independent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Congratulations to my esteemed fellow Senators, may you fulfill your duties wisely and with honor.

25. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    *Looks at Senator Sinrebirth* Dont call me surely and in all seriousness, the appointments were made to ensure adequate checks and balances into the system. In any event, elections will be soon enough, and at that point, you will have your voice heard.

*Addresses the Senate*

Here is my initial legislative agenda for the Senate to consider.

(1) The annual authorization/appropriations bill. The Senate will have to make some hard choices as to the allocation of funding between the military and civilian sectors. After the main legislation, we can vote on individual bills to further subdivide the funds within each category.

(2) As promised during the campaign, we will take up the issue of taxation, and specifically on the apportionment of the burden of taxation on individual systems. In addition, I would like to see passage of legislation that mandates that each individual system apportion taxation among their individual citizens based on ability to pay (Progressive tax system) and to eliminate unnecessary breaks that favor the wealthy or corporate clients.

I encourage all members of the Senate to sponsor their own pieces of legislation and to raise the bills they want considered on the floor. The Speaker will determine the order each bill is considered, provided my two items (which are must pass bills) are considered first AND the Speaker does not unfairly discriminate or exclude any bills from the opposition party.

OOC: If there is any doubt as to the appropriateness of any piece of legislation, please PM myself and the Mods before sponsoring it on the floor of the Senate.

DarthIshyZ, Snokers and Sinrebirth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.