main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games SWC Senate: Restoring Peace, Prosperity and Equality to the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Like I said, I hesitate to side totally with anything said so far.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It happened once...what will prevent it from happening again in the future?

Your inability to read into a situation concerns me, Speaker. Why did it take an investigation of this nature to uncover this fraudulent behavior in the first place? That doesn't make sense to me...

3. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    *grows very annoyed*

Because I haven't been here long, and it is as new to me as it was to my assistants. That's why.

As for prevention...I have taken matters into my own personal hands, increasing my load considerably but making sure it's done right.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The fact remains that it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

As for your preventive measures, I'm going to need something a little more concrete than, 'taking matters into your own personal hands' and 'making sure it's done right.' What does that entail exactly? You're being very vague...I thought you had nothing to hide?

5. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    You tire me, Senator...

I am now filing all of my own paperwork and reviewing what has thus far been submitting. I am finding many gaps were left by my careless assistants. I have been submitting the appropriate paperwork as I find the gaps.

6. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    That is very good, senator.

DarthIshyZ and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  7. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    OOC: Thanks! But I seems I have to pass Senator Graul's standards first. :p;)

8. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    The thread is being locked for twenty fours hours to let everything cool off.

MOD EDIT: And we're back. But there's some things that need to be made clear going forward. This game's roleplaying needs to cut back. This is a RP Lite, which means that it's more about the planets we represent then our characters. And we don't need to add unnecessary drama to the game.

Now we're going to table everything while we get to our regular elections again so you can think about and nominate a member of the Senate. That being said, I nominate Senator Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore. Is this seconded by anyone?

9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I humbly accept said nomination. For too long we have been a body divided, for too long we have looked upon one another with suspicion, and even derision. The time for us to come together has come. Our Republic faces many threats, from outside and even within our own borders. Our constituents look to us to face these issues with honor and from our varied experiences to find solutions to the problems that we face.

Some of the more pressing issues that I would have us look more deeply into if elected include the loss of several vessels both military and civilian near the Unknown Regions. These may be just a series of accidents, the work of pirates or even dare I say the work of this rumored "First Order" or some other rogue Imperial Remnant. We should investigate the causes of these losses and come to an agreement on a solution to prevent further loss of life on the frontier. Compounding this issue is a Republic wide fuel shortage caused by striking tibanna gas miners at several facilities run by the mining guilds. Their demands are steep, but the fuel they provide necessary to the continued survival of the Republic. We need to ascertain a course of action to keep the fuel flowing with minimal disruption to both governmental and civilian supply chains. Finally, there has been a severe uptake in fatal spice overdoses throughout the Republic which many citizens demand we deal with.

Since the beginnings of the New Republic we have faced crises which have threatened the fragile stability we provide the Galaxy. Now, as before, I know we can come together to tackle the challenges we face. Thank you Senators for your nomination, and thank you to the rest of the Senate for your consideration for the office of Chancellor.

11. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    I appreciate the call for unity, senator.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  12. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    I don't find it healthy to throw away personal beliefs in favor of unity, but in times like these it seems necessary.

13. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. I believe we need to ponder our calling of restoring peace, prosperity, and equality further, individually, before we continue as a body.

Shadowsun and DarthIshyZ like this.
  14. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    I think that with 10 of the 21 active senators being not aligned with a party it makes it all the more, not less, difficult to "unite" and if our investigations find that these rumors are the so-called First Order then we would want to increase are military strength something that not all of us want to do.

15. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I'm glad we're working on more cooperation. I would suggest that the organization I tried to bring, with several committees formed, is important, too. I'm still waiting on reports from them, but perhaps the new administration can get those reports in hand.

16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    If elected I can assure the Senate that the policy of forming committees to research our issues before open discussion or a vote in the Senate will certainly be carried forward.

17. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
  18. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
  19. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    ooc: don't see my name there

20. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    Missing? I don't see it missing..

Fixed.:pSorry about that.

21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    My vote is cast for Bardan.

22. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Sullust also votes for the Senator from Mandaore, Bardan_Jusik

23. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Malastare votes for the esteemed Senator from Mandalore.

24. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    I also vote for Senator Bardan_Jusik

25. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.