main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWCCG-Can someone explain lightsaber combat cards to me?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by jade-sabre, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade-sabre

jade-sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    I just got my free box of Ref. III from Decipher. I am having problems understanding the combat cards you place under your epic event. It says that instead of drawing destiny, you can instead use the card underneath. Does this mean you can use the card's destiny number, or use the cards game text. What cards do I put underneath, high destiny card or good dueling card?

In my box, I actually got the Qui-gon and Maul URFs. This is my first time getting a URF. None from R1 or R2. I wish I had gotten more of the good R3 mains, but the URFs maded up for it.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    your using the combat card's destiny number instead of a destiny draw, so you usuually want to try and make sure it's a 6 or 7.

3. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    You need to read the objective cards, too. You can only initiate lightsaber combat using the objectives. Once you read both cards together, it should make sense.

Oh, what the heck, I'll just explain it ....

Basically, if you have a Jedi/Dark Jedi and your opponent has a Jedi/Dark Jedi at the same interior Naboo site during your move phase, you may initiate lightsaber combat. You each draw two destinies. If you have combat cards under your Jedi (only allowed if you have the Epic Event on table) you may use one (or both) of those cards in place of one (or both) destiny draws. Loser loses 2 Force. If the difference is 5 or more, lost Force must come from Reserve Deck if possible, and the losing character is lost.

Makes sense now? :)

4. jade-sabre

jade-sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    Yes, thanks for the explanation. The lightsaber combat is only between 1 jedi and one sith, right? So you would have to initiate battle separate battles between vader and obi-wan and then with gui-gon and maul. Both these 2 battles would be goingon at the same time. Is this correct?

Thanks guys.

5. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    You can only initiate one combat per turn (during your move phase).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.