SWCCGers UNITE!

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by FerhagoH, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FerhagoH Jedi Padawan

For those that have gone on ebay recently, or found the occasional box of Decipher SWCCG cards in a hobby store, know that these cards are like gold. Personally, I am on a mission to buy every single card I see as I have this fear that one day all will be lost and I will be responsible for carrying on the wonderful tradition of SWCCG. I go to the University of Connecticut and am trying to spread to good word about the game...it has been met with little sucess. Yet I have gotten to the point where the thousands of cards already out there are not enought to slake my thirst for fresh material. Dechipher needs to get permission to continue releasing new sets of cards. To better illustrate my point, if you try to buy any episode one cards like coruscant or cards from naboo, that are waaaay more expensive than other cards. besides, decipher with the relese of these new cards expanded the game sooo much by adding podracing, the senate and its members, and those new blue cards, not to mention a new dimension of play in which you can mix and match cards from different time periods-or make decks constrained to certian eras or events...
    So I say, for the love of the game, we need to baragge Lucas with emails and letters begging him to give decipher the ability to make more cards, and write to decipher while we're at it-as Lucas probably gets a lot more mail than decipher so the folks at decipher would get our message quicker...
    If Lucas (and Decipher) realize the ammount of interest that still exists for the original game- they may be swayed to continue producing cards.

At that point we could only hope that Decipher does not mess things up and change the game too drastically...

May the Force be with us.
  2. crazy_wizard Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm glad others still like this game. My friend and I are huge advocates of Decipher's Star Wars CCG. However, we refuse to use "newer" things like Defensive Shields and Virtual Cards. I'm not "purist" simply for the sake of alienating those that use them, but I think Defensive Shields are ridiculous and some of the Virtual Cards are utterly unbalanced.

I still look at my cards all the time, thinking of new strategies... And my guilty pleasure [of the month] is that I recently bought over $50 worth of cards online... But hey, it's worth it.
  3. crazy_wizard Jedi Knight

star 1
    By the way, I am very experienced in this game, so if anyone has questions pertaining to Decipher's Star Wars CCG, please don't hesitate to post here or send me a PM.
  4. PolishMafia Jedi Padawan

I love this game, I have almost all my life. Also, I dont use Defensice shields usually, because they arent too good, and i dont use virtual cards because theyre CRAP. Oh my god, theyre waaaay too powerful. geeze.
  5. Darth_Laudrup Force Ghost

star 4
    I used to play the Decipher Star Wars and Star Trek CCG's, and I still have my cards neatly sorted in binders, but I have to say that the Star Trek CCG was the better of the two. I just don't think the Star Wars CCG ever really worked.

This is in no way a support of Wizards, since I basically despise every single thing about that company.

The problem with the Star Wars CCG as far as I am concerned, was the force draining thing. There generally was to little "wars" in the game and to much occupying places and draining Force from your opponent.

It should have been a lot more about getting a group of characters like for example Chewwie, Lando and a bunch of troopers into a ship and going after some Imps battling them in the dessert of Tatooine or someting.

6. PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Care to say why ST:CCG was better, and how SW:CCG "didn't work"?

Also, PolishMaffia, how are the virtual cards too powerful?
  7. Trentman359 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is there etailer that still sells these cards?
  8. PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling

star 4
  9. Trentman359 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I used to play the CCG but I stopped around Endor. I'm getting one of my buddies into the game and we are going to buy some boxes. I wanted to start with Endor or some of the Episode 1 cards but it looks like these ones arent really in stock. I've been using dacardworld.com and potomacdist.com If anyone knows of any sites that have the newer sets in stock that would be great. Otherwise, Ebay here I come.
  10. PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Pretty much eBay is your best choice period anyway.
  11. tobbidala Jedi Padawan

Problem is, Endor-DS2 is where most people started dropping out and anything from there on out is difficult to find. Used to be you could find a Tatooine box for around 30.00 but now i you can find them they're over 50.00 best bet is to buy by set of ebay. around $80 for Theed while a box costs $120++. Coruscant set around $120, over $200 for a box if you can find one.
  12. PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Unless you're set collecting, there really isn't much needed from Tatooine, for the entire most part, from a gaming perspective, it was a pretty piss-poor set.

Coruscant is the hardest set to get, followed by either Ref 2 or Ref 3, I forget which, followed by Theed.

Endor, Cloud City, Jabba's Palace, and Special Edition are the most abundent.
  13. tobbidala Jedi Padawan

I'd say coruscant is the most difficult $120-$150 for the set with no AI's.
    REF3 next, followed by Theed, Endor, DSII. Endor is pretty hard to get a set of. Almost all rare singles from it are $1-3 even if not a main. A box is pretty rare and around $100, same for a set.
    Theed is actually available for $50 a set with no AI's when i looked, which is pretty good when boxes run over $100. About 15 in wildthingsgames store on ebay.
    I'd say Tatooine is pretty usefull too. Maul, Jedi Interrupts, Objective helper effects, and the aliens from the set are underated and underused.
  14. Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    These cards were great. I loved the quality of them (the WotC looks very crude in comparison) graphics-wise, but I think the complexity of the game really prevented it from being as widespread as M:TG.
  15. PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Didn't like the complexity?

As a side-thing, SW:CCG was ranked #2 in Scrye almost the entire time Decipher produced the game, even claiming #1 on a few occasions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.